• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Person of Interest – The Fifth and Final Season |OT| "Thank you for creating me."

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
There, there, Dragonz. You'll get through this. Broken, but stronger.

Sober

Everyone loved Carter so much they all went on violent rampages for her.

Carter is gone but the show is never done with her.

Nobility

Banned
WHAT

THE

FUCK

I REFUSE TO BELIEVE THIS IS HAPPENING. FUCK. I FUCKING KNEW IT. JOSS DON'T FUCKING DO THIS TO ME. YOU.....YOU CAN'T DO THIS. DON'T FUCKING LEAVE ME LIKE THIS. WHY DO ALL MY FAVORITE CHARACTERS DIE. I AM A GOOD FUCKING PERSON. I DON'T NEED THIS SHIT IN MY LIFE. I'M....I DON'T EVEN KNOW. I'M ACTUALLY FUCKING CRY ING THIS IS NOT FUCKING OKAY.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKAHSJDNALHFLWKXBDKSKALZMDBDPAJSWODJXKCNSLNZBDSLSKALNABDLANXOSDJOXCJ

You have only just begun your journey.

As you watch the remaining episodes for S3, know this.

You. Were. Warned.

Man, The Crossing is fucking amazing. Same with Devil's Share as you will see.

POI gets to me like no other show does: Reese's tears, Finch standing there horrified, the payphone ringing ominously as sound dies down.

Man, The Crossing is fucking amazing. Same with Devil's Share as you will see.

POI gets to me like no other show does: Reese's tears, Finch standing there horrified, the payphone ringing ominously as sound dies down.

That episode has such great use of sound at the end and them actually using blood. It's very effective having all the gunshots be dry hits then when characters of importance get hit they bleed a ton. Man some of those episodes are so goddamn good.

WHAT
THE FUCK
I REFUSE TO BELIEVE THIS IS HAPPENING. FUCK. I FUCKING KNEW IT. JOSS DON'T FUCKING DO THIS TO ME. YOU.....YOU CAN'T DO THIS. DON'T FUCKING LEAVE ME LIKE THIS. WHY DO ALL MY FAVORITE CHARACTERS DIE. I AM A GOOD FUCKING PERSON. I DON'T NEED THIS SHIT IN MY LIFE. I'M....I DON'T EVEN KNOW. I'M ACTUALLY FUCKING CRY ING THIS IS NOT FUCKING OKAY.
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKAHSJDNALHFLWKXBDKSKALZMDBDPAJSWODJXKCNSLNZBDSLSKALNABDLANXOSDJOXCJ
DON'T LET THIS....WHAT, CHANGE YOU?
TOO FUCKING LATE, JOSS. I LET YOU IN. I LET YOU WORM YOUR WAY INTO MY COLD, ICY HEART. DON'T FUCKING LEAVE ME LIKE THIS, GET BACK HERE RIGHT NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
I'M STRAIGHT UP A MINUTE IN AND I CAN'T EVEN WATCH IT BECAUSE I'M CRYING
WHAT WRECKING ME THE MOST IS THE FACT THAT SHAW, WHO'S USUALLY EMOTIONLESS, IS BEATING UP PEOPLE IN A FIT OF GRIEF FILLED RAGE
I'M NEVER WATCHING TV AGAIN
[Gross sobbing]
Why, Sober? Tell me why.
Like straight up every character I get attached to seems to die a violent death
I TRUSTED YOUUUUUUUUUUUujuuuuuu
Wow this Lionel / Simmons scene
Let me die
Edit: YAAAAAAS ELIAS COME THROUGh
I miss her so much and she's only been gone for two episodes
Welp it's time to start stanning Root
.....on second thought maybe I shouldn't, for my emotional health
giphy.gif

We love you where are mah dragonz.
I understand its hard now but 3x10 was best revenge you could ever want.
And after that its a relief episode that the entire community needed with lots of silly and humor.
Stay strong we are here for you

That episode has such great use of sound at the end and them actually using blood. It's very effective having all the gunshots be dry hits then when characters of importance get hit they bleed a ton. Man some of those episodes are so goddamn good.

Followed through so strongly with the beeps of Reese's machine, and Johnny Cash's "Hurt" montage. Fuck me, Devil's Share was so great. I need to rewatch it. Also a huge fan of the flashback structure.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
WHAT

THE

FUCK

I literally almost quit watching the show. Like, I don't know if y'all thought I was playing when I talked about not wanting to watch anymore, but that was legitimate. I was thinking about just bailing.

Glad I didn't, though.

Hoplatee

Yeah I have been rewatching the show past few weeks and some stretches in S03 really are some of the finest tv I ever saw. It's a great show to (re)watch.

Shame that the Youtube video of all the flashbacks put together in the right order isn't available anymore. It's 3+ hours of awesomeness. Managed to save it though!

Skippping season 4 since that's still pretty fresh in my memory. Reading back S01 OT was a joy as well haha. From 'meh' to 'ok pretty cool!'.

Yeah I have been rewatching the show past few weeks and some stretches in S03 really are some of the finest tv I ever saw. It's a great show to (re)watch.

Shame that the Youtube video of all the flashbacks put together in the right order isn't available anymore. It's 3+ hours of awesomeness. Managed to save it though!

Skippping season 4 since that's still pretty fresh in my memory. Reading back S01 OT was a joy as well haha. From 'meh' to 'ok pretty cool!'.
Could you re-upload to a file hosting site?

exYle

WHAT

THE

FUCK

DON'T LET THIS....WHAT, CHANGE YOU?

TOO FUCKING LATE, JOSS. I LET YOU IN. I LET YOU WORM YOUR WAY INTO MY COLD, ICY HEART. DON'T FUCKING LEAVE ME LIKE THIS, GET BACK HERE RIGHT NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

I'M STRAIGHT UP A MINUTE IN AND I CAN'T EVEN WATCH IT BECAUSE I'M CRYING

WHAT WRECKING ME THE MOST IS THE FACT THAT SHAW, WHO'S USUALLY EMOTIONLESS, IS BEATING UP PEOPLE IN A FIT OF GRIEF FILLED RAGE

I'M NEVER WATCHING TV AGAIN

[Gross sobbing]

Why, Sober? Tell me why.

Like straight up every character I get attached to seems to die a violent death

I've been waiting for this

Tamanon

Banned
Finally caught up to watch the finale next week.

Those conversations between Finch and the Machine are great. Still don't understand Greer's whole thing, but whatever. Interesting how everything kept moving on without him.

Alastor3

Im stuck at episode 14 of first season. I don't know how people like this kind of show, it's so cliché and kind of script cringey

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Aw shit, one of the crew members posted a photo of the ending scene of the series. I got spoiled :/

MartyStu

Im stuck at episode 14 of first season. I don't know how people like this kind of show, it's so cliché and kind of script cringey

There is a glut of episodes after you meet
Elias
for the first time and before the home stretch of the season that is pure, uncut procedural.

Even I skip those on a re-watch. Of the remaining season 1 episodes, I would only watch 19,21-23. If you must, you can just skip to 23.

After you fall in love with the show in season 2. You may want to come back and pick these up before you end that season.

Oh, nothing consequential, just this neat idea the show writers played around with for a few episodes, then it never appeared again..

I legit thought that would be the case when it first came up.

Veelk

Banned

Lets try to keep it spoiler free as best as possible for Dragons up there.

Are you pleasantly or unpleasantly surprised how Samaritan turned into the primary antagonist?

Chris1

You ain't seen nothin yet

Edit: I know of Dragonz from The 100 thread..... Good luck with the rest of the show lol.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Lets try to keep it spoiler free as best as possible for Dragons up there.

Are you pleasantly or unpleasantly surprised how Samaritan turned into the primary antagonist?

I really liked it, though I actually thought it was a mistake in doubling down on the "we're fucked" at the end of season 4. Should have planted the seed for the possibility of victory, rather than circling further down the drain.

Though, looking at the various comments around the internet on the series, opinions are all over the place. People took offense to Carter and left. People hated Samaritan and as a result, hated the serialized portion of the plot. People hated any hints of procedural storylines.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Dragonz, report! I love reading impressions on newcomers to the series. Specially on S3.

I really liked it, though I actually thought it was a mistake in doubling down on the "we're fucked" at the end of season 4. Should have planted the seed for the possibility of victory, rather than circling further down the drain.

Though, looking at the various comments around the internet on the series, opinions are all over the place. People took offense to Carter and left. People hated Samaritan and as a result, hated the serialized portion of the plot. People hated any hints of procedural storylines.

People have different opinions. Wrong opinions while we're there.
There are flaws in the writing, like John taking a backseat through most of S4, but man, those are pretty bad reasons for leaving the series. Bet that those who took offense at Carter's death don't watch Game of Thrones, unless it was because she was a minority character, but then again the writers had story reasons for that and even triggered John's character development in following episodes, even in S4.

MartyStu

There is a glut of episodes after you meet
Elias
for the first time and before the home stretch of the season that is pure, uncut procedural.

Even I skip those on a re-watch. Of the remaining season 1 episodes, I would only watch 19,21-23. If you must, you can just skip to 23.

After you fall in love with the show in season 2. You may want to come back and pick these up before you end that season.

I take back this advice. It sucked.

Watch the entirety of season 1. There is a lot of lore you will miss otherwise.

Sober

Hey guys remember that episode with the guy with two phones duct taped together threatening that lady in the 911 call centre? They'll never touch on that point again, right?

People have different opinions. Wrong opinions while we're there.
There are flaws in the writing, like John taking a backseat through most of S4, but man, those are pretty bad reasons for leaving the series. Bet that those who took offense at Carter's death don't watch Game of Thrones, unless it was because she was a minority character, but then again the writers had story reasons for that and even triggered John's character development in following episodes, even in S4.

Couldn't have said it any better.
Though I still find it strange that people focused so much on Carter being a minority when she was killed off. When I first saw The Crossing and Devil's Share, I thought less about the colour of her skin, and more about how her death, hell even her presence for that matter, affected other characters. Fusco turned out to be one badass cop. Reese became a kind of social recluse and prevented himself from keeping people close to him after suffering so much.

They did this season. Epic episode. Epic Finch.

Imagine Finch's face looking so...nonchalant after Elias exploded the car with The Voice. You could almost sense that he was satisfied.

MartyStu

Hey guys remember that episode with the guy with two phones duct taped together threatening that lady in the 911 call centre? They'll never touch on that point again, right?

We were fools to think that would never come back.

Even in this truncated last season, the writers still go the extra mile.

Hey guys remember Alistair Wesley?

No, seriously, what happened? There has to be a story. At the time, the producers were being coy about how many episodes they signed Sands for, and were seriously hinting that he was going to be a recurring villain. He had a backstory with Reese, and Ramin Djawadi even wrote a character theme for him. What the hell happened?

I watched three more fucking seasons of this waiting for him to return. Biggest blue balls in television history.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Hey guys remember Alistair Wesley?

No, seriously, what happened? There has to be a story. At the time, the producers were being coy about how many episodes they signed Sands for, and were seriously hinting that he was going to be a recurring villain. He had a backstory with Reese, and Ramin Djawadi even wrote a character theme for him. What the hell happened?

I watched three more fucking seasons of this waiting for him to return. Biggest blue balls in television history.

Hoped that wasn't the only reason for sticking with the series. But I agree, I really wanted to see a Budapest operation flashback with John, Kara, Mark and Allistair.

Thought they might have brought him back for this last season, but I imagine they didn't want to waste time on something they couldn't do well.

Hey, if Netflix was up to it...

Sober

I literally cannot believe we're almost the end. Finale is tomorrow. I'm gonna try to watch it live. (or lol maritime canada airing). Last show I watched live was the Lost finale btw.

Also, my thoughts on ".exe". I honestly wonder what the finale is going to conjure up and finish with in 45 minutes. Someone hold me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom