• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Person of Interest |S2 OT| Not For The Weak-Kneed

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's like Batman in the sense that a billionaire being is using his wealth (and the machine he created) as a resource to prevent crime. The muscle is simply Reese. They're both vigilantes that are seclusive, mysterious, and dependent upon each other. If these two persona's became into one whole, then you'd basically have Bruce Wayne.

It seems like Jonathan Nolan wants to keep his (TDK & TDKR) fire lit with something along the same lines. I say, keep it the fuck up Jonah!

tumblr_maheevGvCN1qesv9d.gif

Plus, Reese is Batman if Batman didn't have any qualms about using guns or killing people. But I've felt the same as you, and I love that.

I'd say even with what they've done the machine is a character now. It's a self learning, self upgrading machine. In show reality he's made the "perfect AI" and we're starting to see how this was done.

I agree that it's not going to go much further than what they've done currently and I don't think we'll see it calling Rees and Finch up and being like: "Guys how does Bill Gates get fresh air into his mansion? He clicks on an icon, and a window opens! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL"

But that would be damned hilarious. If the Machine had a name, that'd be funny. Imagine everyone calling it "Mac" (short for Machine). Apple would be pretty happy.

So roots name is "Hanna Frey", did I see that correctly?

Oh man, it'd be so awesome if Reese confronts Root when she's least expecting it and says "Hello Hanna". Fuck, Reese is always so bad ass when he does that.

Gila

So ratings for the premiere are pretty decent. Here's to hoping it gets renewed for S3

At 9pm, it was the season debut of Person of Interest with a 2.9 rating and 14.27 million. Compared to last fall’s series premiere, the network was down by 7% in the demo (vs a 3.1 rating) but up by 7% in viewers (vs 13.33 million). This was the show’s best performance since last April.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
It's gonna get tough following this week, coming up with different POI related ideas, without being too subtle. Knees, Cameras, then....Cell Phone Hacking?

Lonestar

hey, someone else who watched it.

no preview.... Bad feeling about no episode next week

Ducarmel

I wonder what Root will plan to do next, because now the machine can be reasoned with outside its normal function set up by Finch, I see no reason why Reese wont have the machine look out and track for possible Root actions.

She is going to have to outsmart the machine again and come up with some doctor doom evil plan to go at Finch again.

Lonestar

Still, the episode left with her casing the Government Goons who came to clean up, including Scary Government Guy #13.

Not sure if there have been much Knee Justice this season, but they've made up with Guys thrown through Glass.

Tokubetsu

Glad they haven't written her off the show yet. Reall cool character and I'm looking forward to her reapperance/s

StuBurns

Banned
Was she blonde at the end? She really is very attractive. I liked the episode, the only thing that stood out as a little sloppy was misreading of the numberplate. They do this cool thing of displaying Sam's very analytical mind from a young age, so it's seeded when they reveal who she is, but it seems highly unlikely she'd fuck up the numberplate to me.

Was she blonde at the end? She really is very attractive. I liked the episode, the only thing that stood out as a little sloppy was misreading of the numberplate. They do this cool thing of displaying Sam's very analytical mind from a young age, so it's seeded when they reveal who she is, but it seems highly unlikely she'd fuck up the numberplate to me.
I thought she said it right and it was the operator's error.

Phoenix

I caught an episode of this last night and was totally confused. What's kinda the 100 foot view of this shows plot?

StuBurns

Banned
I caught an episode of this last night and was totally confused. What's kinda the 100 foot view of this shows plot?
A programming genius builds a super computer that can monitor practically every instance of communication in the States. The machine is no longer accessible, it does however inform the US government of any terrorist threats. As a side effect of it's design, it is able to predict certain acts of premeditated murder, and releases just a social security number of either the killer, or the victim to the guy in glasses, the guy in the suit finds out if that person is the killer or victim, and handles them fittingly.

It is Minority Report, the show, more or less.

And thanks for the license plate replies, I guess I missed that.

Zalasta

For those that keep track, ratings & total viewership went up for PoI yesterday (not final numbers so could be adjusted down).

3.1 vs. 2.9 and 14.62 vs. 14.271

Enco

Another stunning episode.

Even beat out ep1 for me.

I don't get the obsession with Root though. She's not ugly but not as attractive as everyone is making her out to be (in my eyes).

When this show started, I had hope for it because I saw that a real neat mythology and longer storyline arc could be built on this premise, and I'm glad they're following through on that by giving us Root and the government agents/"bad code" instead of sticking to cases of the week. The fact that they actually took two episodes to wrap up the season 1 cliffhanger instead of one really makes me happy, and I'm also glad they kept Root in play because Amy Acker makes a fantastic villain.

I really like the direction they're going with this, now that all four of the main characters know about each other, even though the detectives don't exactly know what the machine is yet. Jim Caviezel does badass so well.

Apoc29

Has Reese ever walked into a bar and not fucked up everyone's shit? Nobody better throw him a surprise birthday party...he'd probably bust three skulls just out of habit.

Looking forward to more Root this season. Amy Acker was great on Angel and still looks damn fine today.

Sober

The intro they play at the start of each episode during season 1 does a good a job giving you the jist of it. You watched the S2 opener which led off from a cliffhanger from the season finale last year. I assume they are going to go back to it/update it moving forward since it'll be more -of-the-week focused. But the writers seem to be very good about it from S1, so the weekly case and the larger arcs are usually well integrated during an episode more than you might expect a typical CBS procedural to be (I'm assuming you never watched S1).

Dat episode.

Yes.gif

So good. The second that Margo Matindale's character called the little blonde girl a liar, I was like "Oh wait, that's Root. DAMN." Great way to show the beginnings of Root. They did a similar episode last season for Elias which was also great. Reese kicking ass in Texas was awesome. Those two guys with the crossbow were hilarious. Bear and Fusco was great, and seeing him actually do police work was great. And how'd I know Bear would mess with Harold's books, hahaha. Seeing that one guy who got blamed for Hanna's disappearance was pretty depressing though. Hanna's dad seemed like a dick.

Amy Acker was great again as Root/Sam Groves. She kept up the crazy pretty well. I saw Weeks backstabbing Harold, but not the gun being empty. And I love that Root's staying around and beginning further immersed into the Machine plotline. So now Alicia Corwin and Denton Weeks is dead. How many total know of the Machine? There's the NSA guy, Henry Peck, maybe Snow. I wonder if Root will begin hunting them all down. Reese's final warning to her was great, but I was really hoping he'd say, "Hello Sam." in his whispery voice. The "good code" thing was predictable, but I liked it. The bond between Reese and Finch is great.

No new episode next week? Fuck :(

These fucking idiots, haha:

tumblr_mbg1pjLyJA1r11goho2_500.png

Amy Acker as a blonde though? Loved it.

root_zpsfffde0cfzkxk3.png

Lonestar

Is throwing people out of windows Reese's new schtick this season?

Still, the episode left with her casing the Government Goons who came to clean up, including Scary Government Guy #13.

Not sure if there have been much Knee Justice this season, but they've made up with Guys thrown through Glass.

Yeah, I said as much earlier.

Defenestration is a good word.

Booya

Neo Member
alright i'll join the party.

got this one recommended two months ago and as much as any guy i was sceptical with it being procedural (at least that was my initial thought), network tv and a jj thing. I mean by now we all know what a jj production is, hit & miss with a higher miss quota. So coming from a season of alcatraz (ugh.. good that its off the air, i'd watch it but the same way i watch true blood.. playing kongregate simultaniously).
Than it just got better and better and by now its the best network tv show for me, hands down. very happy for the good ratings and just love how you can manipulate a procedural so subtle and make it so damn awesome. i mean, it would be so easy to make this thing into another CSI but here you really see how much writing matters. the subtle jokes, character dynamics and creation of a lot of villains that are in a way a bit comic-style but easily believable as real life persons. The writing also makes such cliche-plots like "THE BABY" enjoyable, and in tv shows, for me, there is hardly anything more anoying than baby-plots, be it in dexter, scrubs or any other series. It was just for one episode in POI but still.
I totally agree on the batman comparison paired with all the recurring villains we had and will have. Really looking forward for more root stuff but im also hoping for great new villains.
the only thing i would like is a bit more scifi but i can see that they wont go there and have no plans for it. I mean setting this thing up 15 years into the future and we would have Deus Ex the series, just give reese some augments and i can die a happy man.

Lonestar

Still got that main CIA/Machine guy and also Reese's ex partner. Outside chance at Agent Snow, but he was not in a good spot last we saw him.

I also feel like we still might see some previous POI's come back to help, because some of them have a particular set of skills that might come in handy (a doctor, a judge, a ghost hearing accountant)

Still got that main CIA/Machine guy and also Reese's ex partner. Outside chance at Agent Snow, but he was not in a good spot last we saw him.

I also feel like we still might see some previous POI's come back to help, because some of them have a particular set of skills that might come in handy (a doctor, a judge, a ghost hearing accountant)

Stanton and Snow will show up fairly soon, I assume. We last saw them in like the third/fourth-to-last episode of Season 1, so Snow's been in Kara's clutches for a while. I definitely see Zoe coming back (The Fixer), she's always awesome. I doubt we'll see Miles return, considering he booked it out of NYC. I'm certain we'll see the Judge. I'm getting hard-pressed to think of whatever PoI's are left that can help outside of Zoe and the Judge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom