• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Person of Interest |S2 OT| Not For The Weak-Kneed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nobility

Banned
OMG WOW...WOW

WELCOME BACK PERSON OF INTEREST.

This changes everything.

2nAs5.gif

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Pretty good episode. Liked Reese's plotline, and Finch teaching the Machine.

I like Amy Acker, but Root ended up a little different than I thought. Kind of crazy, and not sure what she means with what her plan is.

Ducarmel

Maybe Root wants to start the technological singularity, going on with how people suck and machines are much better than people.

Great episode tonight. All the actors and actresses are fantastic. Amy Acker makes a great crazy person/villain. I hope she's recurring and isn't killed off immediately. On that note, is it just me, or does it seem like Root wants to turn the machine into Skynet?

oneils

So does John Reese have a southern accent? If so, I'm gonna have to watch this.

been watching lots of justified and hell on wheels. dramas just don't seem the same anymore without a southern accent

Great season opening!

Reese being more aggressive due to the fact that finch is gone was a nice touch. root is a little different than I thought, a bit more crazy, i am not sure what to expect from her.

Miles as the PoI was good, but I wished he would be a little less goofy, but that is minor criticism.

I liked the cinematography, especially in the early moments of the episode there were some beautiful shots. still one of my favourite shows

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Trying to wrap my head around the Machine's SSN code via the Dewey Decimal system. How many books would you need to get all the combinations!?

But ingenious nonetheless.

This episode. So. Fucking. Good. Great season opener. And I love they didn't instantly resolve the cliffhanger, managed to still do a procedural episode, and have it all work amazingly. So many great moments. Reese missing his bro, the inception of the Machine (I love how it's trying to protect its creator until Finch tells it there must be ground rules and it has to protect everyone). Finch and Reese have probably one of the best friendships on TV.

Amy Acker is so crazily sexy in this episode, holy crap. I can't take my eyes off the screen. Love those crazy eyes. Finch being all freaked out and uncommunicative until the end was great, the ideal that he wants to keep the Machine pure. Miles as the POI was great. This whole case involving him was just hilarious beginning to end. Fusco was so funny (someone needs to GIF the ball gag!). Loved Reese saying "I only have one friend..." Fusco yelling, and then "Ok, maybe two." Finally an admittance that they're friends! Carter was looking damn fine this episode too.

Loved the moment where Reese guilted/negotiated (how do you guilt a Machine!?) into helping him, and then said "Thank you" after. So good. And Root's insane plan is truly insane, I love it. Did anyone catch what her real name is? It was in the news article at the end. Oh an the dog! Awesome dog. Only commands in Dutch, haha. I hope Bear comes back. Road trip to Texas next episode!

We are back, people!

iblh9ds2OCwar1.gif

Edit: Haha, this moment:

tumblr_mb37kmlfNy1qlh88l.gif

Nobility

Banned
Watched it again today, so good.

Amy Acker is looking fine, especially when she's crazy.

The SS number given by the machine was Hanna Frey.

I can't believe i'm looking forward to Thursday again!!!

Vyer

I heard on a podcast today that this show is basically Batman. Now I see a positive GAF thread about it. Might have to check this out.

99hertz

I heard on a podcast today that this show is basically Batman. Now I see a positive GAF thread about it. Might have to check this out.

It's an awesome show filled with tons of badass moments. I've heard the Batman comparison before but I know basically nothing about Batman, except he really likes bats, so I won't comment on that.

I would describe it as James Bond + Conspiracy theories + Badass.

So my wife and I powered through all of season 1 starting Wednesday of week and just finished getting though the end of it and the finale today. HOLY SHIT. Why the hell did I sleep on this show? It's AMAZING. So much macro-plot going on. So much well thought out and well plotted world building. Then the finale last year and the opener this year...WOW.

So my wife and I powered through all of season 1 starting Wednesday of week and just finished getting though the end of it and the finale today. HOLY SHIT. Why the hell did I sleep on this show? It's AMAZING. So much macro-plot going on. So much well thought out and well plotted world building. Then the finale last year and the opener this year...WOW.

Yeah, I was much the same. My Father actually told me to start watching it. It's really good.

The one thing I'm not 100% sure I'm going to like is how long they drag out this whole Where is he subplot. If it lasts a small arc, I'll be fine, but if it's 22 episodes, I'm going to be very unhappy.

zroid

Banned
Yeah, I was much the same. My Father actually told me to start watching it. It's really good.

The one thing I'm not 100% sure I'm going to like is how long they drag out this whole Where is he subplot. If it lasts a small arc, I'll be fine, but if it's 22 episodes, I'm going to be very unhappy.

I was concerned about that myself. Hopefully just a few eps.

I'm going to guess it's probably a 3-6 episode thing. We'll get to see the machine operating in more than NY for a bit before we get back to the norm.

I'm going to guess it's probably a 3-6 episode thing. We'll get to see the machine operating in more than NY for a bit before we get back to the norm.

I hope so. I really do. I'm not sure I want to see too much about the Machine. In fact, I hope it's one of those things we never actually do see. Kind of like Maris on Frasier, Dr. Kelso's wife on Scrubs, or Verna on Cheers. You hear about them, but never seen them. That's what I hope the machine turns out to be, otherwise it's just going to go WAY too off-the-wall.

I hope so. I really do. I'm not sure I want to see too much about the Machine. In fact, I hope it's one of those things we never actually do see. Kind of like Maris on Frasier, Dr. Kelso's wife on Scrubs, or Verna on Cheers. You hear about them, but never seen them. That's what I hope the machine turns out to be, otherwise it's just going to go WAY too off-the-wall.

I dunno. I'm really OK with the machine being a character, which is what they've done now. I mean, it always was 'kind of' a character.

Xarudace

Banned
I wouldn't want the machine to have a character at all. That's treading somewhat deeply into sci-fi territory. While many of us might not care, statistically it's instant death for practically every show that goes down that road.

They also need to make sure they maintain the ability for the episodes to be stand-alone (luckily CBS is good at this).

It's an awesome show filled with tons of badass moments. I've heard the Batman comparison before but I know basically nothing about Batman, except he really likes bats, so I won't comment on that.

James Bond + Batman + Foucault + 1984 + Minority Report ^ Badassery

Amy Acker... got damn

So good.

I bet it's resolved by the end of the next episode.

I wouldn't want the machine to have a character at all. That's treading somewhat deeply into sci-fi territory. While many of us might not care, statistically it's instant death for practically every show that goes down that road.

They also need to make sure they maintain the ability for the episodes to be stand-alone (luckily CBS is good at this).

I don't think it'll extend beyond what we see until the end of the series. They're just taking the idea into a few different directions (heck, last season, Alicia referred to the Machine as God, so there was that...) I'm really interested in exploring this idea. But it's not like it'll become like a wisecracking talking AI.

Gila

It's like Batman in the sense that a billionaire being is using his wealth (and the machine he created) as a resource to prevent crime. The muscle is simply Reese. They're both vigilantes that are seclusive, mysterious, and dependent upon each other. If these two persona's became into one whole, then you'd basically have Bruce Wayne.

It seems like Jonathan Nolan wants to keep his (TDK & TDKR) fire lit with something along the same lines. I say, keep it the fuck up Jonah!

I don't think it'll extend beyond what we see until the end of the series. They're just taking the idea into a few different directions (heck, last season, Alicia referred to the Machine as God, so there was that...) I'm really interested in exploring this idea. But it's not like it'll become like a wisecracking talking AI.

I'd say even with what they've done the machine is a character now. It's a self learning, self upgrading machine. In show reality he's made the "perfect AI" and we're starting to see how this was done.

I agree that it's not going to go much further than what they've done currently and I don't think we'll see it calling Rees and Finch up and being like: "Guys how does Bill Gates get fresh air into his mansion? He clicks on an icon, and a window opens! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom