• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Person of Interest |S2 OT| Not For The Weak-Kneed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
just imagine him being the man higher up the chain, for either Greer, or the Government guys.

Now that his show's cancelled, and Emerson won't be free from POI for a long while (hopefully), hopefully it could happen. Someone get Jon Nolan on the phone, pronto.

Yep, and I can't wait!

iD4HYJnOv5OF6.gif

I thought it was a three week wait, but that's Arrow.

sant

I really love this show, been watching since the pilot. Good to see it's doing well in the ratings as well. I also like that they're willing to take chances with the show once in a while, and not confine the show to just "the number of the week."

What impresses me most about this show is that it's already one of the best shows on TV right now, and it isn't done getting better. They've really managed to strike the perfect balance of procedural and serialized, as well as adding in new wrinkles that build on what already existed. It's so extremely well done.

Lonestar

maybe it's just right now, but this episode is kind of spooky.

oh snap, teeth and mystery guy behind the wall!

Nobility

Banned
Far too early to tell but I think the writers are trying to hint that darkness is spreading. I mean, even the camera angles are sharper this episode, I love it.

Lonestar

what'd he use as his last name this time?

Lets see if POI can do a whodunit. Who is the most likely choice for serial killer? Who is the most likely red herring?

Got a newlywed couple who are dentists
Got a Hotel builder/invester
Got a Boat Captain who has lied (there's no one else, oops, there's someone else)
Got a guy who has no connection to the island and was sneaking to find a way out

I'd say red herring is the sneaking off island guy, and the killer is the dental couple, as a dual killer package.

Outside shot of FBI guy being the actual guy, doing the same thing Reese did when caught by another guy with a gun, pretend to be a police/agent.

Tamanon

Banned
what'd he use as his last name this time?

Lets see if POI can do a whodunit. Who is the most likely choice for serial killer? Who is the most likely red herring?

Got a newlywed couple who are dentists
Got a Hotel builder/invester
Got a Boat Captain who has lied (there's no one else, oops, there's someone else)
Got a guy who has no connection to the island and was sneaking to find a way out

I'd say red herring is the sneaking off island guy, and the killer is the dental couple, as a dual killer package.

Outside shot of FBI guy being the actual guy, doing the same thing Reese did when caught by another guy with a gun, pretend to be a police/agent.

Harold Gull. Bird theme lives!

Lonestar

while the fed is high on the list (did he put on a vest, or something to avoid being on the makeshift lie detector?)

But having a coordinated power outage, murder, radio sabotage, would be a hard thing to do as a solo act....

Lonestar

sort of called it. Got it right on Boat guy being bad, just not the Big Bad.

Creepy Creepy work on the lightning reveal.

Lonestar

damn, not even being shot at with a speargun is considered a "new thing" to John. :lol

Creepy Guy would have done well as a POI Joker, if he had gotten away. Like, instead of him getting up to kill Carter/Finch, he disappear. Creepy Serial Killer with a desire to be Finch, as he's fascinated by him.

Yeah, as soon as Finch paused in realization of the Vest, I remembered the Vest

Ripclawe

Banned
well that was an interesting yet really unsettling episode. It pretty much stripped down the show to finch and reese vs serial killer

Ducarmel

i4VJoWGaRakoH.gif

Wanted to get a gif of the bullet proof vest comment but that scene was shot/edited terribly looking at it frame by frame. Also bad police work by Carter she should of secured the weapon and confirm he was dead.

Also wow no Fusco moment this episode.

tirminyl

Creepy Guy would have done well as a POI Joker, if he had gotten away. Like, instead of him getting up to kill Carter/Finch, he disappear. Creepy Serial Killer with a desire to be Finch, as he's fascinated by him.

That would be amazing.

I agree, creepy yet good episode. I loved when the guy started mimicking Gull.

Also, seems like Finch doesn't need those glasses? He only strained his eyes when Carter showed up. Maybe I am reading too much into that? Anyone else would have normally strained/narrowed/squeezed their eyes when their glasses are taken off, especially bifocals. He continued a whole conversation and reactions without a skip until Carter.

Kinda cheesy ending dialogue there, but good episode. Legit jumped at the "and a bulletproof vest" comment.

Yeah, I had completely forgotten about the bulletproof vest, which I laughed about because when he put on the vest I thought "he's the killer, and that's going to come into play at the end" and then got so engrossed in the creepiness of the episode and his character that I completely forgot.

Really great episode. I love episodes like this where they're trapped in one place trying to figure out whodunit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom