• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 3 Portable, Persona 4 Golden and Persona 5 Royal coming to Xbox Series X|S and PC (Game Pass)

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
We are forgotten! Can we get these games again atlus? ANYWHERE??

3792157705_a007ea0b17.jpg

51te45vuksL.jpg

7192Ey-IPaL._SL1024_.jpg

Forsythia

Can someone explain to me what's so great about these games? What do they play like? Do you need to play them in order to understand the story?

The_hunter

Can someone explain to me what's so great about these games? What do they play like? Do you need to play them in order to understand the story?
You don't need to play them in order, it's like FF where each game is set in a different story. They are a cross between a turn based rpg, with dating sim elements. The writing is pretty good. It's a lot better than it sounds lol.

I wonder if these ports were done by atlus west or microsoft.

Last edited:
I'm stoked, I loved Persona 5 and was eventually going to get Royal, but now I can just play it on Game Pass, as well as these other two Persona games for the first time. I really hope this also means Persona 6 will be coming to Xbox on Day 1 (or at least soon after launch) whenever that comes out

graywolf323

honestly Persona 3 being the Portable edition is a disappointment for me because I really want Golden/Royal release for P3

I just want a version of Persona 3 that has the cinematics, the exploration of the world, The Answer epilogue, AND party control, why is that so hard to get?

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
honestly Persona 3 being the Portable edition is a disappointment for me because I really want Golden/Royal release for P3

I just want a version of Persona 3 that has the cinematics, the exploration of the world, The Answer epilogue, AND party control, why is that so hard to get?
i'll play the shit out P3P but looks like my PS2 ain't retiring yet. I'll play FES there

Last edited:

jimmypython

Given Atlus, there is no chance they would spend time and effort to port P3P improvement to P3F for a "definitive edition". Just look at SMT3 remaster

Happy to play P4G not on Vita tho - I do not have a Windows PC.

MAtgS

They're in a singular continuity (although 1 & 2 apparently don't fit) but they each have their own cast of characters with their own story. Skip ahead to 5 if you wish.

The short sum up is you play a high school student who has to balance their normal with the dungeon crawling adventure stuff. You can only do so many things in a given day and only have a year-ish before the game ends, so obviously all of the dungeons have to finished before then. But you shouldn't neglect the real world activities as school work/gym class improves your stats, part time jobs gets you money to spend on gear, & socializing with people (especially your party members) improves your standing with them which comes with additional bonuses. Essentially the normal life helps prepare you for the main questing.

Also waifus, so many waifus.

Last edited:

DavJay

Just realized that this the first time P5 will be available on current gen natively? Thought it was on PS5 but no only ps3/ps4. Definitively console version on Xbox. This universe is weird.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Isa

lachesis

I platinumed P5 and P5R on PS4/5... recently finished P3F and also played P4G on Vita and Steam...
But I am looking forward playing P5R and P3P one more time in my native language. Maybe I'll play thru as the female character this time for P3P.

splattered

Will buy them all on Xbox just like I have with Yakuza. I also bought the Yakuza and Persona series on PS systems so they getting all sorts of money from me hahah

lachesis

I was thinking why Atlus chose P3P, not FES... Is it because of that female protagonist? Is it because it's the latest version...?
Maybe.. but I think they chose P3P because it's native wide-screen, just like P4G.
It would require them minimum effort to port.... no need to tinker the game, nor artworks etc.

Honestly though, I would have loved the real "definitive" version of P3 - as more or less some serious remaster.
  • Base the game on FES
  • Keep the male/female protagonist choice for P3P and her social links.
  • New character models & Better bkg assets (Let's be honest - it's not "that" diverse)
  • New cut scenes with new models + all new FMV that's more consistent with the artwork.
    (P3 had this weird phenomenon of game character - illustration - fmv looking all distinctly different for some reason - at least the illustration and FMV should have looked similar, like P4G)
Maybe that will come in, as P3 remake is always rumored... and we still have 2 more announcements left?

Fbh

Always nice seeing Atlus embrace multiplatform releases.

Hopefully the next step is all their future games launching on PC, Xbox and Playstation on day 1

Alphagear

Why Persona 3 Portable?

Remember playing it on the PSP. The game had no character exploration outside the dungeons. The standard P3 or FES would have been better.

Top Bottom