• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 3 Portable, Persona 4 Golden and Persona 5 Royal coming to Xbox Series X|S and PC (Game Pass)

GhostOfTsu

Banned
Lol at the portbegging. Is that allowed here?
Why? There are tons of posts and threads begging for Sony exclusives on PC and people are fine with them. Everything else is frowned upon for some reason.
The game was released years ago and is still available to buy. Royal Deluxe Edition is currently on sale for £16.49.
I meant exclusive on a subscription service obviously. I already have it since it came out.

Gt111

Neo Member
As a Xbox owner I really desired the series to play.. I am now playing persona 4 golden on pc and I don’t even have a gaming pc.. thankfully the game runs ok on my computer l.. I think it’s great of course since the games have gotten high praise and more people can play them..

Alphagear

eh I'd disagree only that there isn't a best version of Persona 3, FES had The Answer plus exploration & cinematics but Portable adds the Female MC & party control in combat
But the Portable version felt like a Visual Novel outside the dungeons cause no exploration.

No way can it be considered as good as FES even with the extra character and party control.

LordCBH

z as
But the Portable version felt like a Visual Novel outside the dungeons cause no exploration.

No way can it be considered as good as FES even with the extra character and party control.

Honestly, I could straight up live without the FeMC. It’s not worth losing The Answer just to have FeMC. The battle system is better on portable because you’re not dependent on the quite frankly retarded friendly AI.

lachesis

Xbox always could use more Japanese dev support. I hope they would make a deal with Falcom too.
Most of their games are on PC already - would be awesome if they get added on PC gamepass at least.

The_hunter

z as

Honestly, I could straight up live without the FeMC. It’s not worth losing The Answer just to have FeMC. The battle system is better on portable because you’re not dependent on the quite frankly retarded friendly AI.
I still remember my party members casting ice spells on ice absorb enemies on FES.

lachesis

z as

Oh yeah... I remember that the AI controlled battle was pretty frustrating at times on FES. It's been a few months since I played FES - but being old, I'm so forgetful!
I do remember wishing for full control of my parties. As a slow-poke player who over-levels his party at all times - this game wiped my parties several times with some stupid stat abnormality. (never happened with any games)

LordCBH

Oh yeah... I remember that the AI controlled battle was pretty frustrating at times on FES. It's been a few months since I played FES - but being old, I'm so forgetful!
I do remember wishing for full control of my parties. As a slow-poke player who over-levels his party at all times - this game wiped my parties several times with some stupid stat abnormality. (never happened with any games)

My absolute favorite was the two bosses you had to take out within a turn of each other or the other would revive the other one. Not terrible when you can control your party, but in FES the brain dead party did what it wanted lol

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Atlas: yeah sorry about that.
P3P & P4GOLDEN for consoles, Xbox Consoles...

Persona Fans:
Face Palm GIF

There's Persona fans in the Xbox eco system as well.

Arrested Development Tobias GIF

Crazy that this wasn’t at the Sony showcase even crazier that Xbox are getting these first when traditionally JRPG’s tank on Xbox makes no sense to me, makes about as much sense as FF pixel remaster going to steam first.
Why would Sony show a PSP, a Vita and a PS3/PS4 game at their conference?

eh I'd disagree only that there isn't a best version of Persona 3, FES had The Answer plus exploration & cinematics but Portable adds the Female MC & party control in combat
They have needed to do a true remaster of Persona 3 which merges the gameplay improvements and FeMC path of P3P with the original design and animated cutscenes of P3 FES, plus yeah where's The Answer after all these years?

But this is Atlus we're talking about so LOL

Teslerum

They have needed to do a true remaster of Persona 3 which merges the gameplay improvements and FeMC path of P3P with the original design and animated cutscenes of P3 FES, plus yeah where's The Answer after all these years?

But this is Atlus we're talking about so LOL
Best you get is a modded FES version on PCSX2. (Of course without FeMC, but I think there are mods for party control and fast travel among else)

Last edited:

Lognor

Banned
I wonder why atlus decided to port these to xbox and not switch. Can't believe Sony finally lost the persona franchise.

I think smt might be next...

Teslerum

Too bad it's not a P3P remake, the visual novel style hampers that game a lot.
For me its the lack of cutscenes. The Persona 3-4-5 towns add to the atmosphere. Yes, P3 could use some QoL changes like Party Control and Fast Travel, but those aren't exactly impossible to implement.

Will miss starting the game with this.

Also the in-game cutscenes that are replaced etc. From a storytelling perspective there's just a lot missing (imo).

Lognor

Banned
Link me to the mainline persona games that appeared on non Sony consoles in the past 2 decades.

Sony clearly had a lock on those games. Not anymore.

It would be like you saying you can't believe Nintendo lost the smt games and me posting all the non mainline games. FYI, Nintendo has not lost the smt games yet. Would be cool if Xbox got them though. Persona and smt games on the same console, wow!

Celcius

°Temp. member
Persona 5 Royal stays at 30 fps right?
This may sound weird but it seems like it would feel weird if it ran at 60 fps like Strikers, but maybe that’s because I’ve already spent 200 hours playing it on my PS5 lol.

Mr Moose

Link me to the mainline persona games that appeared on non Sony consoles in the past 2 decades.

Sony clearly had a lock on those games. Not anymore.

It would be like you saying you can't believe Nintendo lost the smt games and me posting all the non mainline games. FYI, Nintendo has not lost the smt games yet. Would be cool if Xbox got them though. Persona and smt games on the same console, wow!
Persona 4 Golden. Now what?

Oh it has to be a console? HA. Let's add even more variables to "win".

Last edited:
I wonder why atlus decided to port these to xbox and not switch. Can't believe Sony finally lost the persona franchise.

I think smt might be next...
Sony simply doesn’t have the pull they used to have. Combine that with their inability to even come close to MS when it comes to $$$

This has been the trend and will continue to be the trend going forward

Mr Moose

Oh the console pc. My favorite CONSOLE

Read carefully next time bruv. You seem to be affected by this news
https://store.steampowered.com/steamdeck

Why would I be affected? I own these games already, except for 3. You only care now because they are coming to Xbox.
You're the one making silly comments like "Can't believe Sony finally lost the persona franchise." got proven wrong, then change it to add other random shit afterwards to give yourself a "win".

Swift_Star

Banned
This is the second time they done this after asking if fans want it.

Atlas: Do you want P3&P4 Remastered?

Persona Fans: Yes!

Atlas: here ya go P4Golden for PC!

Atlas: if there is interest for P3 & P4 Remastered on consoles lets us know!

Persona Fan: yes we want it, we said that before and you released P4GOLDEN on PC only!, What fuck is wrong with you!

Atlas: yeah sorry about that.
P3P & P4GOLDEN for consoles, Xbox Consoles...

Persona Fans:
Face Palm GIF
Yeah, makes no sense… I’m sure these will end up on PlayStation for obvious reasons.

Lognor

Banned
https://store.steampowered.com/steamdeck

Why would I be affected? I own these games already, except for 3. You only care now because they are coming to Xbox.
You're the one making silly comments like "Can't believe Sony finally lost the persona franchise." got proven wrong, then change it to add other random shit afterwards to give yourself a "win".
Damn. You really gotta be SPECIFIC when talking to you, huh? You knew exactly what I was saying but had to use semantics. That means you're affected. Whatever.

I care because persona 4 (didn't get a chance to play Golden) was one of my favorite jrpgs. Never played persona 5 because I am at a point where it's hard for me to play a 100 hour game on a TV so I was hoping for a switch version. But with it coming to xbox now I might try to find a way to play it. It's on game pass after all.

And whether you want to call it a loss to Sony is up to you. You cannot deny that persons has been closely associated with Sony for decades. But honestly if smt 5 comes to xbox and/or ps you wouldn't think that Nintendo lost smt? Forget the spinoffs and smt 3 remastered.

Mr Moose

Damn. You really gotta be SPECIFIC when talking to you, huh? You knew exactly what I was saying but had to use semantics. That means you're affected. Whatever.

I care because persona 4 (didn't get a chance to play Golden) was one of my favorite jrpgs. Never played persona 5 because I am at a point where it's hard for me to play a 100 hour game on a TV so I was hoping for a switch version. But with it coming to xbox now I might try to find a way to play it. It's on game pass after all.

And whether you want to call it a loss to Sony is up to you. You cannot deny that persons has been closely associated with Sony for decades. But honestly if smt 5 comes to xbox and/or ps you wouldn't think that Nintendo lost smt? Forget the spinoffs and smt 3 remastered.
They should port over Strikers, too, it's really fun (if you like Dynasty Warriors style of games).
What "obvious reasons"?
Mr Moose Mr Moose , pay attention
Because it sells pretty well on PS? But it's Atlus, who knows what the fuck they are doing.

Swift_Star

Banned
Based on what? Resetera has a pretty in depth analysis on this. Would love to hear your reasoning.
Based on the fact that it doesn’t say it’s exclusive (something that they obviously be very happy to say) anywhere and that the vast majority of persona and jrpg fans are on PlayStation. This is, at best, a timed exclusive.

Last edited:

EDMIX

Atlus MUST have some beef with Nintendo and Switch, its not possible.

MS but not Switch? Whats the fucking logic?

Maybe, maybe not.

SEGA tried with Yakuza and it failed. So like many publishers they may have not cared about putting M rated titles on Nintendo systems to this extent.

MS likely also came to SEGA to pay for them ports or something, who knows.

I think SMTV might be as far as they are willing to go with that rating on Nintendo platforms, or don't feel they have a huge market on there so want to see how it looks on XB. Yakuza worked for XB, so maybe they want to see if Persona can too.

For all you know those ports come to Switch and PS4,PS5 in 6 months time or something lol

Top Bottom