• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 3: RELOAD | OT | REsocializing with Waifus

What Scores do you think Person 3: Reload will get?

• 60-65%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 66-69%

• 70-75%

• 76-79%

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • 80-85%

Votes: 11 12.9%
  • 86-89%

Votes: 33 38.8%
  • 90-95%

Votes: 31 36.5%
  • 95-99%

Votes: 7 8.2%
  • 100%

Votes: 2 2.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
On various forums and communities they mentioned one of the modern persona games has one of the stories allude to antinalistic ideals and questions the morals of them I wanted to know if it was 3 cause it’s not 5
Well we all know how "people" these day's interpret things.

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
... even... those... d-dancing games?

RbcT6fd.jpg

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
Nice. I do also have the plat on the Vita and PS4 versions of P4D but they were somewhere else on the trophy list.

Just a reminder, my dudes, don't go for Mitsuru on the first play through. Your academic stats will be too low. :'(
It was possible to follow a guide and max all Social Links with just one playthrough in the OG P3 back in 2006. They have made the Social Links easier for Reload, so it will be much easier to do it even without following a guide to the letter

Edit: yup the guide I remember is still there

Last edited:

sigmaZ

Nice OT. Here's something to keep you busy during the week while you wait.

Hot take to piss the fans off: Most of the non-Japanese songs would be far better instrumental. I love the musicality of the soundtrack but just throwing garbage lyrics in a song to have vocals is the bane of my existence. I hate it here, I hate it in FF14, and I hated it in Xenoblade Chronicles. It's the musical equivalent of wearing a Chinese or Japanese tattoo that makes no sense in the language or origin but is just there for looks. Tired of all the musak.

Well we all know how "people" these day's interpret things.
still this game seems realistic from the footage I’ve seen you are aware what antinalism is right? Can you tell me if the original 3 has a character or villain espousing some of these ideals even if indirectly?

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I meant the story and themes are realistic and kind of morbid not the setting
Even then in Persona 5 it was about people on abusing their power and it’s much more political.

You even had Politician like Yoshida as S.Link.
persona5toranosuke-1482163443990.jpg

Persona 3 in other hand is theme around death and loss and fictional story about the truth behind dark hour, Tartarus and the experiments and why Aigis was created.

Last edited:

stawnkald

16 years ago Persona 3 / FES was probably my favorite game ever (along with P4 actually). I'm not sure I feel that way anymore since I'm (a lot) older and my tastes have changed a bit, but I'm eager to give Reload a go. I think my conflicted / complicated opinion of Persona 5 kinda clouds my judgement a bit, but I guess we shall see when Friday comes, if it hooks me like P3 did back on the PS2.

Krathoon

Even then in Persona 5 it was about people on abusing their power and it’s much more political.

You even had Politician like Yoshida as S.Link.
persona5toranosuke-1482163443990.jpg

Persona 3 in other hand is theme around death and loss and fictional story about the truth behind dark hour, Tartarus and the experiments and why Aigis was created.
There is no one that discusses the morality of bringing someone into existence? And voluntary extinction to end suffering? What about a dark view of existence? I swear they said one of the party members alludes to it

T4keD0wN

Damn, got all hyped up when launching the game only to be greeted to a japanese menu with no way of changing to any of my languages.

(Nevermind, temporarily switching windows to english worked)

Last edited:

EDMIX

N...No?..No.
giphy.gif

lol yesssssssssssss!

I think its funny, a lot of us like the series to a point. I mean, I love Persona 3 and 4, but shit not enough to play a whole ass different genre just cause the characters are in it.
God Strange Journey is so good. Wish it wasn’t locked to DS/3DS.

Truth, I'm actually surprised a lot of those games have not been ported yet.

Persona Q series, SMTIV etc should have all been ported a long time ago imho

Can’t wait for the game to let me stroll through effortlessly until it drops a boss that completely wipes the floor with my party with some unpredictable gimmick.
Fortunately it’s gonna be available on GP.
Imagine playing this for the first time, FES and throwing it on Hard. Yeah... 100+ hours of figuring shit out. I still had a blast, though. No job back then, was streaming it on Twitch. Stood up 50+ hours grinding in higher Tartar Sauce Dungeons. Good times.

Edit: Waiting on Preload. :messenger_moon:

Last edited:

Hestar69

a friend who loves this game is telling me to follow a guide to get the true ending..How many endings is there and is it hard to miss the "true" ending?

Danjin44

a friend who loves this game is telling me to follow a guide to get the true ending..How many endings is there and is it hard to miss the "true" ending?
From I remember near the end Pharos gives you a choice to wipe your memory and live normal life until Nyx eventually destroys it or fight against Nyx....Its pretty obvious which choice you want to make.

Its not as complicated compare to Persona 4.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

Unless they made modifications from the original, there are two endings.

The game will beat you over the head when that choice moment comes very late into the game. You will not miss it.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent

The game will beat you over the head when that choice moment comes very late into the game. You will not miss it.

Is there any benefit to following a social link guide for this compared to persona 4? P4 if you messed up what you did each day then you can’t get to true ending.

adamsapple

Is there any benefit to following a social link guide for this compared to persona 4? P4 if you messed up what you did each day then you can’t get to true ending.

Endings aren't tied to social links, it is a very binary Either/Or choice when presented to you, it is a part of the main narrative and completely unavoidable.

The only advantage of following a round-1 social link guide is if you want to maximize every link in a single run so you don't feel like replaying again. You also carry over items obtained fro maxing social links into new game + for future.

Last edited:

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Endings aren't tied to social links, it is a very binary Either/Or choice when presented to you, it is a part of the main narrative and completely unavoidable.
Perfect. As it should be.

Also, if I don’t do New Zealand trick is the game live at 12EST in USA?

adamsapple

Perfect. As it should be.

Also, if I don’t do New Zealand trick is the game live at 12EST in USA?

Considering it went live when it hit 12AM in New Zealand, I'm gonna go on a limb and say you're spot on. Might be a few minutes or an hour give or take, but it ideally should go live at midnight your time.

Last edited:

Hestar69

From I remember near the end Pharos gives you a choice to wipe your memory and live normal life until Nyx eventually destroys it or fight against Nyx....Its pretty obvious which choice you want to make.

Its not as complicated compare to Persona 4.

ah ok thank you both! yeah persona 4 I had to look up to make sure I got the true ending. I just wanna play the game and not have to use a guide thanks!

Danjin44

Going to play this on easy thanks to Danjin44 Danjin44 's recommendation.
Sure if you never played SMT/Persona games before but even then just play it normal.....from I have seen just like P5Royal it gives you crazy amount of tool which will make the game little too easy.

I personally gonna go hard from get-go like I did with SMTV and it was much better experience.

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
Sure if you never played SMT/Persona games before but even then just play it normal.....from I have seen just like P5Royal it gives yiu crazy amount of tool which will game little too easy.

I personally gonna go hard from get-go like I did with SMTV and it was much better experience.

I've played them all and easy it is.

200w.gif

Vyse

Gold Member
Nice Sega. Drop this and LIke a Dragon within a week of each other. Not sure I want to play both at the same time.

Top Bottom