• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

miso_Jeff

Banned
Hey Guys! I recently started playing Persona 3 FES. I've been on Playstation since the PS1, but for some reason NEVER played the SMT Persona games (Don't KILL me) I've ALWAYS wanted to but never got around to it.

BUT... now I'm HOOKED. I'm Loving Persona 3 and I really want to play Persona 4 Golden! Does anybody have any news about Persona 4 Golden coming to the PS3?!?!? I don't want to have to buy a VITA just to play P4G, and I don't want to play the original P4 since I hear P4G is so much better. Anybody hear anything?

Lemstar

BUT... now I'm HOOKED. I'm Loving Persona 3 and I really want to play Persona 4 Golden! Does anybody have any news about Persona 4 Golden coming to the PS3?!?!? I don't want to have to buy a VITA just to play P4G, and I don't want to play the original P4 since I hear P4G is so much better. Anybody hear anything?

It's not going to happen. Find a Vita somewhere.

Fuck mitsuo is still as hard as before lol. I guess I have to grind and fuse black frost again....

This really is a boss that needed a bit tweaking :/

You can be destroyed super easily if under leveled at all.

i don't recall there being a 8bit-ish remix of the battle theme on ps2. hmm... but yeah, now that i luckily found a few gold glove things, dude is 40ish and its way easier.

you pretty much can't beat that guy if you can't take out his armor before it regenerates, which is pretty shitty balance wise.

I don't recall any of the bosses after this being hard though... probably when yukiko gets mediarama is when everything becomes way easier lol.

Caladrius

yep. its really one of the only strategies at that point though :/

first attempt was at lvl 34. that didn't work out well lol.

Make sure to save that guy to the compendium for fusion fodder. If the Personas didn't get outmoded so quickly statwise he would have lasted nearly the whole game.

lol beach trip was fun.

I recall in a trailer or screenshot it was shown that you can use scooter in combat somehow. Is that unlocked through some story thing?

Caladrius

lol beach trip was fun.

I recall in a trailer or screenshot it was shown that you can use scooter in combat somehow. Is that unlocked through some story thing?

I believe it's unlocked on a per-party member basis by getting their social link high enough. I don't remember at what point though. The skills are also only usable by characters who aren't in the party. (They pop in for the attack and disappear afterward) The attacks actually have the same effects as the characters' follow-up attacks. That includes Galactic Punt.

Earning the trophy
"One Who Has Proven Their Power" was alot harder than I thought. Margaret deals out some massive damage on very hard, even tho I was level 99, had Izanagi-no-Okami at level 99, Chie, Yukiko and Naoto at level 97.
Finally platinum P4G!

man... this version is a bit too balanced, with all the social link skills. its getting hard to figure out which skills to keep lol.

agents suits are great. dark shades.

She's on the first floor with Yukiko and Naoto iirc.

ahh... weird, she doesn't seem to be at school much.

Beat naoto's dungeon in a day yay!

first time i've ever done one in a day for ps2 and vita. I guess having fox leveled up good and there seems to be a pretty hearty amount of golden gloves around.

whens the cut off for adachi's slink?

I was reading that i needa get it to lvl 6 or so around october or november?

Caladrius

ahh... weird, she doesn't seem to be at school much.

Beat naoto's dungeon in a day yay!

first time i've ever done one in a day for ps2 and vita. I guess having fox leveled up good and there seems to be a pretty hearty amount of golden gloves around.

whens the cut off for adachi's slink?

I was reading that i needa get it to lvl 6 or so around october or november?

The cutoff is about November 4th, I think.

Why do you have to have these social links up to a certain level by a certain date? I'm starting to feel like maybe I'm playing the game wrong.

maries slink was pretty disappointing. Does her new stuff lead to anything, like whats her 'purpose'?

Also... where do you get aeon? Or how do you even fuse one.

Caladrius

maries slink was pretty disappointing. Does her new stuff lead to anything, like whats her 'purpose'?

Also... where do you get aeon? Or how do you even fuse one.

Completing the S. Link changes events in January and unlocks a New Dungeon on February 13th. (Psst. make sure you or a party member has some kind of break skill by then) I think you have to go talk to Margaret in the new year to start it though.

Marie's S. Link is the Aeon link. The Aeon arcanum consists of persona that can be obtained through normal fusion. I don't remember which arcana combinations produce them though.

didn't margeret have something too? she has the empress slink right?

too lazy to fuse atm lol, but now that you can select inherit skills, i bet its not too hard.

Caladrius

didn't margeret have something too? she has the empress slink right?

too lazy to fuse atm lol, but now that you can select inherit skills, i bet its not too hard.

Yes. The Empress link unlocks an extra boss on 2nd playthroughs onward, so long as you beat the optional bosses from all the dungeons and completed the S.Link before clearing the December dungeon. On the final day
, Igor will give you the orb of insight. Head back into the velvet room immediately afterwards. After the conversation head back to the end of the Heaven dungeon.
On the first playthrough she just gives you swag.

fuuuuck forgot you need max knowledge and courage for naoto's slink. couldn't start it until after school festival.

such a dumb thing... wonder why they didn't change it :/

never understood why new characters always start with some shit weapon :/

always forget to get them new gear until after i enter the tv.

And holy shit... why is naoto so OP now? gold hand things aren't even a challenge at all anymore.

I'm really enjoying the game but I still don't really get wtf everything is and how it connects. Think I'm gonna have to hit up a faq. I haven't done any real fusions yet because I'm afraid to fuck it up or end up with something that sucks.

I need to get to grinding. I think my characters are relatively low level as well.

Iskander

Neo Member
I'm really enjoying the game but I still don't really get wtf everything is and how it connects. Think I'm gonna have to hit up a faq. I haven't done any real fusions yet because I'm afraid to fuck it up or end up with something that sucks.

I need to get to grinding. I think my characters are relatively low level as well.

Also since you can choose what skills get inherited, it's pretty hard to screw up a fusion (unlike before, when you had to settle for whatever was randomly assigned).

At early levels, just fuse to get better Personas. It's pretty much foolproof. It's not until much later that you would risk losing some really useful skill, but by then you'll have it all figured out!

if you don't care about fusing... black frost. trumpeter.

about all you really need.

And i'd be really curious how one beats a certain 8 bit boss without black frost, or being over leveled.

I'm in the final days before the true ending events. Do I need to beat all optional bosses to access it ? Including the boss from the last two dungeons
Heaven and Adachi's Crime scene
or is this only required for the
Defeating Margaret
trophy ?

Caladrius

I'm in the final days before the true ending events. Do I need to beat all optional bosses to access it ? Including the boss from the last two dungeons
Heaven and Adachi's Crime scene
or is this only required for the
Defeating Margaret
trophy ?

You only need to beat the extra bosses for the margaret fight, and that's on a New Game Plus only.

Caladrius

yep I'm on new game plus. Here we go

I forgot to ask, have you already beaten the December dungeon? If so you'll have to wait until next playthrough. If you didn't kill the bosses and complete Empress by then you can't fight her. At least that's how it was in the original.

You only need to beat the extra bosses for the margaret fight, and that's on a New Game Plus only.

I forgot to ask, have you already beaten the December dungeon? If so you'll have to wait until next playthrough. If you didn't kill the bosses and complete Empress by then you can't fight her. At least that's how it was in the original.

I beated all dungeons and all optional bosses. I have all S link maxed out (but Hunger missing the last one) and I'm in new game plus but I didn't had true ending last time. I February second now.

I will get the true ending but not her fight ?

Caladrius

I beated all dungeons and all optional bosses. I have all S link maxed out (but Hunger missing the last one) and I'm in new game plus but I didn't had true ending last time. I February second now.

I will get the true ending but not her fight ?

You'll be able to fight her. The only requirements besides NG+ were killing the optional bosses and maxing empress before christmas eve.

I do hope persona 5 give more incentives to lvling up slinks of non party members. Give some sort of tangible buffs or what not besides just bonus exp for fusing.

And fuuuck rise slinked up... so good.

hlhbk

So as someone who plays 99% of games for the story I picked up Persona 4 on Vita. When does the story really begin to pick up and get good? I just got to
the first interaction with the TV.

Jintor

So as someone who plays 99% of games for the story I picked up Persona 4 on Vita. When does the story really begin to pick up and get good? I just got to
the first interaction with the TV.

You'll get some gameplay freedom in an hour or two from now. from there the game ramps up exponentially.

It's more about chilling with your buddies, anyway.

You'll be able to fight her. The only requirements besides NG+ were killing the optional bosses and maxing empress before christmas eve.

I never fought her. I have no idea what went wrong. On 3/20 I checked the velvet room and she was here in the front and the good bye scene happened to her and I could never get back into the room. Later right after the final dungeon I could meet her again in the room but nothing happened even when I ask her if she had any more resquest. Maybe I should have had asked her that before the last days ? Or complete her s link before the culprit's dungeon (before december 22) instead of march 20.

Welp. I still need to beat her and get Izanagi no Okami... Also get all Rise's line... 3rd playthrough here I come I guess.

Also, does the reapers always drop a super awesome weapons ? I got my main and Yokuse's in this playthrouh. So... Naoto is the hardest one to get I guess haha. Kanji's fighting with the Guardian is hilarious

Grinchy

Banned
Well, I beat it at 68 hours so obviously I got one of the bad endings. It was so anticlimactic. I'm going to go back through the last section and try to get a different ending because
it just skipped 3 months of game time and then shipped my ass out of Inaba on a train. I assume it's because I wasn't decisive enough about whether to throw Namatame into the TV
. I was not expecting the game to end so suddenly.

I'll go and check out the other endings, but I have to say that this is a damn fine game.

Jintor

Maybe follow a spoiler-free guide for the
hospital section because it's a little non-intuitive apparently?
You need to get a specific set of responses and it's the only time in the game it really really matters.

Grinchy

Banned
Maybe follow a spoiler-free guide for the
hospital section because it's a little non-intuitive apparently?
You need to get a specific set of responses and it's the only time in the game it really really matters.

Thanks, yeah I did seek one out, but unfortunately it had a spoiler in it. That's ok, I'm just glad I get to experience a much better ending because I was really disappointed in the one I got naturally. It's just funny because the choices I picked naturally almost followed the true ending anyway, but like you say, it's not very intuitive based on the prompts you get.

Well, I beat it at 68 hours so obviously I got one of the bad endings. It was so anticlimactic. I'm going to go back through the last section and try to get a different ending because
it just skipped 3 months of game time and then shipped my ass out of Inaba on a train. I assume it's because I wasn't decisive enough about whether to throw Namatame into the TV
. I was not expecting the game to end so suddenly.

I'll go and check out the other endings, but I have to say that this is a damn fine game.

Dude, you're not even close to being done with the game. Just use a guide to get the correct answers. That's not where it's supposed to end.

Top Bottom