• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phantasy Star Online 2 Import |OT| YOUR MAJESTY

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Been meaning to get back into this. Reinstalled it like, last week or so? Because it kept erroring me when updating. Did actually load it up (and wept at my still lvl 18 character) but needed to fiddle around with the settings so I quit out, tried to load it back up and gameguard error lol
Have you tried permission fixes? You can find the newest ones here.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Does that fix the Gameguard problems?

Thought I was going to have to manual patch it just now but it seems it's doing something since the updater bar is in English now haha.
I have no idea what it fixes, but if you're having gameguard problems I suggest searching the PSO-W forums, they have guides for stuff like that.

In other news - Matter Board number 8 rushed through. The 8th story quest requires 3 playthroughs to be noted as 'finished' in the quest selection screen.
Story finally became interesting although not all the things were explained -
what the hell happened with the masked man from the previous quests and why didn't he (she?) appear!

6 screenshots from the final fight can be found here. I won't paste them here, since they might be considered spoilerish for some.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Some details have been shared on both the Vita and Smartphone version (Bumped on the Vita version):
- Vita Special Package will include the game cart
- You'll only be able to choose 2 of the 8 costumes:
L2qVn.jpg

- Sign ups for the Japanese Vita closed beta in mid-January will start in December
- Smartphone version was delayed to "early 2013" from the planned "winter 2012"
- Cover of the Vita Special Package is awesome:
- The official teaser site for the Vita version is now open

Edit:
Hot news from bumped:
Our next update scheduled for December is titled “The Place Where Darkness Gathers” (or we can shorten it to”Where Darkness Gathers”).

Since this update is 4GB in size, starting next week, update downloads will be split up.
(You may have noticed there was a PSO2 Pre-downloader in the main installation directory.) Next week expect to see new information from news magazines regarding PSO2 es, PSO2 Vita, and PSO2 PC’s update in December.

So is it kosher to talk about how to access assets like models and icons inside the client?
If so... How? Or is there a place to keep up with the data-mining at the very least?

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
So is it kosher to talk about how to access assets like models and icons inside the client?
If so... How? Or is there a place to keep up with the data-mining at the very least?
The people over at the PSU Mods forums (specifically this thread) usually post the data they've data mined. If you dig around I'm sure you can find out what tools they're using to get the data. The one thing they don't like talking about is what they use to encrypt their translation patches cause apparently it could also open the door open for exploits and would probably lead to SEGA clamping down on the translation patch/foreigners playing the game.

If you do find out what it takes to make sense of the files, feel free to post it here. I keep meaning to look into it, but never actually do....

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
PSO2 patch pre-download unavailable at the moment + time of this week maintenance changed.
http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-pre-downloader/
http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-jp-11282012-maintenance-change/

Better start downloading as soon as the predownloader is up again - I have a feeling these 4 gigs will take a loong time.

Also, we will hopefully get new COs after this week's maintenance - the NPCs for them have been put in the game last week, but because of some problems, COs have been removed.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
So, SEGA wants us to grind our weapons a bit more. Ricardo is currently writing a post about the system which is supposed to be added in December and I don't know if I should laugh or cry:
Weapon Potential Abilities:

- Certain weapons have hidden special abilities.
- It is unknown at this time if it applies to all weapons.
- The current example they gave was for “Ardillou”
- Ardillou has a hidden ability called “Instant Load?” or “Instant Trigger?” (Not sure on exact name.)
- This increases the Just Attack Power by 3%

Weapon Potential Abilities Procedure:

- First grind the weapon to +10 because only weapons that reach +10 can unleash their potential ability.
- A menu in the Item Lab will allow you to release its hidden ability.
- When you unlock this ability, it resets the grind to +0

Leveling up Potential Abilities:

- Each potential ability has a LV attached.
- To increase this level you must grind the weapon to +10
- At the item lab you can increase the level of the potential ability which will then reset the grind back to +0
- You can do this again and again, it is unknown at this time if there’s a cap for how high your potential ability can go.

Ardillou +10 > Ability Unlocked LV1 > Ardillou +0 > Ardillou +10 > Ability Unlocked LV2
Good luck unlocking potential abilities of your 10 star weapons!

So, SEGA wants us to grind our weapons a bit more. Ricardo is currently writing a post about the system which is supposed to be added in December and I don't know if I should laugh or cry:

Good luck unlocking potential abilities of your 10 star weapons!

Maybe I should have hung on to those upgrade risk nullify items I sold off the other day. I did get a cool 876k each for them though!

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Another new feature (thanks to Killthee for pointing that out):
We'll get a new emergency quest - multi ship fight with Dark Falz, with each ship fighting a different part of the monster. That's all we know for now.

I've never seen a game grow as much in 6 months as PSO2 has.
Makes me optimistic about the future.
Here's hoping the domestic release can keep pace once that's out of the gate.

Also, we will hopefully get new COs after this week's maintenance - the NPCs for them have been put in the game last week, but because of some problems, COs have been removed.

I'm told to point out that said COs are in the game now, but only function for those who did not unlock Very Hard prior to the NPCs being added.

Another new feature (thanks to Killthee for pointing that out):
We'll get a new emergency quest - multi ship fight with Dark Falz, with each ship fighting a different part of the monster. That's all we know for now.

Multi-ship? I wonder how well that's going to work...

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Multi-ship? I wonder how well that's going to work...
Shouldn't be a problem, since the fights sound like those fights are going to be independent from each other.
I'm told to point out that said COs are in the game now, but only function for those who did not unlock Very Hard prior to the NPCs being added.
I've checked the Japanese wiki for those COs yesterday (I think) and the new NPCs weren't there, but you're right, they're listed there now. Enemies with darker cores and the super infected ones are the targets.

Killthee

Some info about Dark Falz:

Thanks to EspioKaos for his prompt translation!

According to what appears to be a scan from Famitsu (possibly Famitsu Connect!On?) that was anonymously uploaded to PSO2uploader, Dark Falz will be encounter-able in an emergency quest which may be added some time in December.

Falz itself is planet-sized (well more like the size of a moon), so players will not be fighting him in the same way as they did in previous Phantasy Stars.

Cjiqfl.jpg

The gist of the emergency quest is that Dark Falz attacks an Arks Ship. Players will have to fight against multiple Falz Arms and if enough of them are defeated within the time limit of the quest you’ll be able to go up against its body, named Dark Falz Elder.

Guess that neatly solves the mystery of “dpfisharm” and “dpfishelder”. Not quite as fish-like as his Phantasy Star Universe incarnation…

At current, there is no more information than this. However, we should be due a new update page soon so hopefully more will be explained. Unless this is for the second half of December of course.

I'd link to the source, but there's Famitsu scans of in game Falz posted with the info. The bumped.com shoutbox also has links to the scan and scans of a couple more pages (Xmas Rappy + Lobby preview & an image of Toro in the Vita version).

pants

Downloaded the PSO2 client, made a SEGAID and got the English patch.

Where do I go now? Do we have a group/guild etc?

Downloaded the PSO2 client, made a SEGAID and got the English patch.

Where do I go now? Do we have a group/guild etc?

The NeoGAF team is on ship 02. Check out the first post in the thread if you haven't already!

If you haven't made your character yet, be sure to read up on the referral system; both you and the person who refers you will benefit. See details here: http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-jp-friend-invite-system/
My user ID is 10162205; other user IDs are in the thread as well if you would rather someone else get your referral.

EDIT: I should point out that the US is currently not in Daylight Savings Time, so the maintenance schedule in the first post needs to be bumped an hour earlier. Not counting today's super-early maintenance, of course.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
The NeoGAF team is on ship 02. Check out the first post in the thread if you haven't already!

If you haven't made your character yet, be sure to read up on the referral system; both you and the person who refers you will benefit. See details here: http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-jp-friend-invite-system/
My user ID is 10162205; other user IDs are in the thread as well if you would rather someone else get your referral.

EDIT: I should point out that the US is currently not in Daylight Savings Time, so the maintenance schedule in the first post needs to be bumped an hour earlier. Not counting today's super-early maintenance, of course.
Thanks, fixed the time of the maintenance.

@pants My ID is 10077436. :p

Killthee

Some info buried in the pre patch files:

Agrajag said:
Should be working on the large files, but that's boring, so let's look at the prepatch files!

• New partner cards: Klotho, Jozsef, Barbara(!), Revelle.
  • New key item: Level Cap Raise III (so that's coming soonish).
  • New NPCs: Notburga (magic stone exchange attendant), Roc, [Young Person], a few numbered NPCs (tres, quattuor), [Twin - Boy], [Twin - Girl]
  • Enemies: Sent Rappy, Dahgash Nero (remember this in the large icons?), another Falz Hunar story variant (still named Falz Hunar), Falz Arm, Dark Falz Elder, two story variants of Hadred's base monster type (unnamed), a rare version (unnamed), and the mantis warriors are now named "Predicahda", "Dicahda", and "Predicahda Nero" (rare).
  • Premium medical drinks: Weakness (element, I think) damage up, rare droprate up, meseta droprate up, PP regen rate up, Experience gain up.
  • New item affixes: Photon Collect, Klohm Soul (description file's not on the prepatcher yet).
  • Rare maps: Teleporter, location name are present (presumably function like the PSP2 ones).
  • New area: Arks Ship Wreckage - Deck (darkernest, presumably)
  • Weapon avatars: Halfway present (presumably these let you change the look of your weapon)--the subcategories for player shops exist, but not the main category yet.
The big thing: item abilities. List follows, each goes up to 5, only one listed per. Many are named internally based on class skills (numbers appear to match), so I'll list those alongside them. Note that in many situations, these are not the name's translation, so don't expect them to be the same in the patch when it appears.

• 守勢練陣 Guard Stance Boost
  • オートメイトハーフライン Automate Halfline
  • 護攻陣 Flash Guard 1
  • 護法陣 Flash Tech Guard
  • 不屈の心 Iron Will
  • 憤怒の型 Fury Stance Boost
  • 捨身の証 Fury Critical
  • 刹那の撃鉄 Just Attack Bonus
  • 炎獄 Brave Stance Boost
  • 切り裂く閃光 Brave Critical
  • 追の衝撃 Chase Advance
  • 追撃の楔 Chase Bind
  • 背撃の証 Wise Stance Boost
  • 暗心舞踏 Wise Critical
  • 修羅紋 Halfline Slayer
  • 背水陣 Deadline Slayer
  • 痛打必倒 Weak Hit Advance
  • 不動の死神 Standstill Snipe
  • 永劫の罠 Tool Mastery
  • 罠解放 Poison T Custom
  • 罠発動 Upper T Custom
  • 零の手 Zero Range Advance
  • 集気光 Attack PP Restore
  • 連鎖終幕 Chain Finish
  • 絶対追刃 Aerial Advance
  • オートメイトデッドライン Automate Deadline
  • テックチャージアドバンス Tech Charge Advance
  • 力の預言 Photon Flare Advance
  • 無心の形 Normal Tech Advance
  • 瞬刻の理 Tech JA Advance
  • フレイムマスタリー Flame Mastery
  • バーンブースト Burn Boost
  • フレイムテックSチャージ Flame Tech Short Charge
  • アイスマスタリー Ice Mastery
  • 凍牙の一撃 Freeze Boost
  • ボルトマスタリー Bolt Mastery
  • 痺突の一撃 Shock Boost
  • 古の誓い Element Weak Hit
  • 光輝の癒し PP Save
  • ライトマスタリー Light Mastery
  • パニックブースト Panic Boost
  • 癒しの風 Resta Advance
  • ダークマスタリー Dark Mastery
  • ポイズンブースト Poison Boost
  • ウインドブースト Wind Mastery
  • ミラージュブースト Mirage Boost
  • 裁きの意志 (Critical rate up)
  • フォトンアーツ威力増加 (PA damage up)
  • 星天弾 (HP steal)
  • 究極の加護 (PP usage down)
  • 【仮】PBゲージ増加量アップ (PB Gauge Growth Up (temp name))
  • エンチャント付加率アップ (Item affix droprate up)
  • 幸運の祥 (Untekked item droprate up)
  • 不退転 (Chance of nullifying knockback)
  • 幸運の羽根 (Chance of nullifying incoming damage)
  • アイテムの回復量アップ (Item healing rate up)
  • 【仮】行動のヘイトを上げる (Hatred accumulation up (temp name))
  • 【仮】行動のヘイトを下げる (Hatred accumulation down (temp name)

Killthee

Wait .. after the patch wont the English patch be broken?
If they alter the JP files, then yes it will be broken. Usually the guys who work on the English patch have a working patch uploaded and posted on their forums before the servers come online though.

This week its just routine maintenance so the current patch should work for the most part (a few of the large files that contain NPC chatter were broken a while back and haven't been updated yet). To be safe check the first post in the patch thread and the latest post in the discussion thread to see if anything has been updated.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Thanks a lot from that stuff, Kill. Hyped for new NPC partners, Lavelle will finally stop hating me. Premium drinks sound cool, but I hope we don't get a huge whine from people playing the game for free - SEGA has to make dem money somehow, and aside from my shop access, premium is really quite underwhelming at the moment.

I've updated Ricardo's december tidbits post with details on how to get Toro and Kuro's mags and how to make them your NPC partners.

Stubo

Just had my first crash out of the game for a long time :(

Updating my Beta Nvidia drivers now, hoping it makes it better and not worse!

Edit: Got back on, joined an emergency quest party, crashed again D:

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Just had my first crash out of the game for a long time :(

Updating my Beta Nvidia drivers now, hoping it makes it better and not worse!

Edit: Got back on, joined an emergency quest party, crashed again D:
Try a File Check maybe? Doubt it's the video card drivers fault.

Stubo

Try a File Check maybe? Doubt it's the video card drivers fault.
I blame game guard for all of this stuff.

I used file check and put the small patch only back on. I'm sure the large one has caused this before for me, hmm. Appears to be ok for the moment.

Mr. RHC

I've just recently been checking this game, but I think this game classifies as next gen by the looks of it.

I mean, this game really looks deluxe.

Wonko_C

I've just recently been checking this game, but I think this game classifies as next gen by the looks of it.

I mean, this game really looks deluxe.

I think you're exaggerating, this could easily be ported to 360 and PS3 and look the same, even the Vita version looks very close.

I think you're exaggerating, this could easily be ported to 360 and PS3 and look the same, even the Vita version looks very close.

At slideshow framerates, maybe. You'd be surprised how much of every model in the game is made up of physics objects (it's a PhysX game but isn't missing any effects if you don't have NVIDIA hardware as far as I can tell) and my E8400/HD6870 struggles hard when the game gets more than a little hectic.

Wonko_C

At slideshow framerates, maybe. You'd be surprised how much of every model in the game is made up of physics objects (it's a PhysX game but isn't missing any effects if you don't have NVIDIA hardware as far as I can tell) and my E8400/HD6870 struggles hard when the game gets more than a little hectic.

It's actually using software PhysX, which some games use on consoles like Valkyria Chronicles, Bionic Commando Rearmed 2, and one (if not more) of the Sonic games on the Wii. (Sega is no stranger to using a subset of PhysX on consoles, it seems)

Here PSO2 runs at a solid 1080p/60fps with my E8400/GTX285 save for the lobbies, to be frank I still haven't got past the caves area so I don't know how more taxing can the newer areas get.

I'm dying to get my hands on the Vita beta, though, to see what compromises have been made, stable 30 fps should be their top priority, even if they have to output at 720x408+no AA.

VariantX

Depends on the scene and whats going on. I doubt the consoles could even run the game at a solid 30 with a PSE burst going on in a multiparty area. The screen is literally filled with particle effects and explosions from 12 players + however many monsters are on screen + loot drops + whatever weather effects that may be going on. Also, both 360 and ps3 have less than 512 mb to work with when it comes to how much stuff can you put to memory as well and memory limitations will rear their ugly head so they would probably have to reduce the quality of the textures/models etc.

Here PSO2 runs at a solid 1080p/60fps with my E8400/GTX285 save for the lobbies, to be frank I still haven't got past the caves area so I don't know how more taxing can the newer areas get.
If you've never run with a full multiparty before, you have no idea how taxing this game can get.

(It's mostly because of the particle effects, tho. Damn overdraw!)

Wonko_C

Depends on the scene and whats going on. I doubt the consoles could even run the game at a solid 30 with a PSE burst going on in a multiparty area. The screen is literally filled with particle effects and explosions from 12 players + however many monsters are on screen + loot drops + whatever weather effects that may be going on. Also, both 360 and ps3 have less than 512 mb to work with when it comes to how much stuff can you put to memory as well and memory limitations will rear their ugly head so they would probably have to reduce the quality of the textures/models etc.

If you've never run with a full multiparty before, you have no idea how taxing this game can get.

(It's mostly because of the particle effects, tho. Damn overdraw!)

That's not so encouraging to hear (for the Vita version) I've soloing mostly and only log in once in a while just to scratch the itch because I'm waiting for the western release. But you've made me curious now. The benchmark tool should be updated then with a more taxing demo also.

But this game looking like next-gen? I still don't think so. Crysis 2 DX11 or Battlefield 3 this is not. Then there's the upcoming Watch_Dogs and Star Wars 1313.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Promo page of the December update is here, along with the new trailer!

And I'm afk for the weekend. :(

Edit:
Quick feature summary:
- The hidden weapon abilities system
- Christmas stuff
- Multi-ship Dark Falz emergency fight
- Parallel areas - upon using a warp, player is moved to one of the parallel areas which have rare enemies
- Premium Set upgrades - CO limit up to 40, stronger drinks (nothing on the site about the new ones), even more FUN everyday
- Soloable time attacks
- Magic stone trading shop with 10 star weapons

Killthee

Promo page of the December update is here, along with the new trailer!

And I'm afk for the weekend. :(
Holy shit at Dark Falz in outer space! That looks much better than what I expected.

As for the rare maps, going by the promo page they look like special Area 3's with only rare bosses and enemies.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Holy shit at Dark Falz in outer space! That looks much better than what I expected.

As for the rare maps, going by the promo page they look like special Area 3's with only rare bosses and enemies.
It says that after fulfilling certain conditions there's a chance that a special warping device that will move player to one of the three special areas. Nothing about it being A3.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
According to the official pso2 twitter, it's now possible to preload the second part of the Dec 5th update.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Contents of the 2nd preloaded part of the patch, all thanks go to the PSU Mods forum:
ew partner cards: Klotho, Jozsef, and Barbara want you to S-rank certain quests on any difficulty (unknown which, that's in a file I don't have yet). Revelle's CO says nothing about what it wants.
Advance Quests: Three exist, one each for forest, caves, desert. Each requires 10 Advance Data A/B/C (respectively) to run. I don't know where you get these yet.
New emergency quests:

Inbound Abysmal Servants (淵へと迫りしもの): Battle Falz Hunar in the urban sector.
Approaching Dark Arms (迫る漆黒の腕): Falz Arm quest.
Profound Darkness' Kin: [Colossus] (深遠なる闇の眷属【巨躯】): Dark Falz Elder quest. I checked, that is how the "Profound Darkness" in the original series was written.
Desert Guerillas (砂漠遊撃戦): Like the cave emergency, but in desert.
Merry Christmas on Ice (氷上のメリークリスマス): Like Trick or Treat, but in tundra.

Mystery Quest: Name "????????", description "????????". There is a quest referred to as "escape_quest", this may be it!
Side Story Quests: Two of them! 最初の決別 / The First Farewell, 最後のさよなら / The Final Goodbye. Both appear to be about Hadred.
Item affixes: Chrome Soul is in fact from Chrome Dragon (presumably this is what Hadred is). Photon Collect claims to improve the rate of synthesis for affixes that inflict status.
Room decorations: Photon Gacha is fully functional. Ceiling decorations exist.
Client orders: Ruins team orders have been filled in. Several old orders have been modified (including renaming the Dagan Nero order--someone finally noticed that it is in fact not black, but actually red), and new ones have been added for advance quests.
New set of icons:

Kind of happy they've prioritized PSO2Vita over PSO2es
Also, given the fairly large scope of the Falz emergency mission, I think this impending update will be the last major content update until the other versions of the game are out the door. Hopefully they start implementing some groovy field-related special events. One of the things that kept me in PSU was the fact that they kept a nice rotation of events that involved the game itself (like the Boost Roads, Maximum Attacks, etc).

I'm pretty sure we'll see a Maximum Attack event soon.

Stubo

Contents of the 2nd preloaded part of the patch, all thanks go to the PSU Mods forum:

New set of icons:
Oh man those red ragne units...

I hate knowing that all of the stuff we're grinding up and affixing will be completely useless in a few months, but those look awesome!

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Finally got that Dark Ragne 10 star rear, grinded it to +10 and added some abilities, namely React 3, Arm 2 and Stamina 2. Not perfect, but since the new sets are coming soon, I won't complain.
Thanks to wunder, Jenny, Zyru and all the other people who ran Ragnes with me again and again.

I've decided to hide all the units though, since my character doesn't look good in the full-cockroach mode.

Killthee

V2dzy.png

Vita Closed Beta registration is live. The registration item is called "ファンタシースターオンライン2 クローズドβテスト" and it's listed under the Whats New section in the JP PS3/PSV store. Downloading the item will add it to your services list and register your PSN account for the beta. Registration will be open from Dec 4th till January 7th with the actual beta starting sometime in January.

Top Bottom