• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phantasy Star Online 2 Import |OT| YOUR MAJESTY

Speaking of which, is there a soundtrack available yet? I'm filling in the holes in my PSO (the first) collection from iTunes right now. Man I love this music.
No official one yet, and there probably won't be one for a very long while yet.

Plenty of tracks recorded from the game on Youtube, though. I'll share some of my personal favorites:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HlOFJ0OdpI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frjnnnZNfIk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UKwUwM3z7k
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gg6XhwxwS2k
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xgc8ID3M2mo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1Y5W_WEHys
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeMdjIeJaPs

Oh, who am I kidding? ALL the boss themes are good!

I have now hijacked this thread. With the power of MUSIC.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Today's patch notes on bumped.

Also, the Dark Falz emergency is starting in 15 minutes on all ships (8PM JST).

Edit:
Well, that was fun. One thing to note is that you can only do the Elder quest once per emergency. There's also a story tablet after that which connects some loose strings and makes the fight a beginning of a new story arc.
The fights itself were really easy. Master hands deal quite a lot of damage but are easily beatable in 2-3 minutes iirc. Elder has a big hp pool, but his attacks are no real threat most of the time.
Oh, about those magic stones (pyrosomething) that you can exchange for weapons - they drop from the Elder. I've got 4.

I've uploaded 16 screenshots from the fights to my minus folder:
iGlSCkjn6ygUy.jpg

iF0AP2A3rQ2Xh.jpg

i0SiCyte70ECT.jpg

i5Ww62jvAYZ1m.jpg

ibyWO1cMGXGq3Q.jpg
Edit:
Blicen from PSO-W recorded both fights:
Part 1: http://www.twitch.tv/blicen/b/347374414?t=185m38s

Part 2: http://www.twitch.tv/blicen/b/347374414?t=207m00s

Today's patch notes on bumped.

Also, the Dark Falz emergency is starting in 15 minutes on all ships (8PM JST).

Edit:
Well, that was fun. One thing to note is that you can only do the Elder quest once per emergency. There's also a story tablet after that which connects some loose strings and makes the fight a beginning of a new story arc.
The fights itself were really easy. Master hands deal quite a lot of damage but are easily beatable in 2-3 minutes iirc. Elder has a big hp pool, but his attacks are no real threat most of the time.
Oh, about those magic stones (pyrosomething) that you can exchange for weapons - they drop from the Elder. I've got 4.

I've uploaded 16 screenshots from the fights to my minus folder:

Edit:
Blicen from PSO-W recorded both fights:
Part 1: http://www.twitch.tv/blicen/b/347374414?t=185m38s

Part 2: http://www.twitch.tv/blicen/b/347374414?t=207m00s

So is he the Final Boss? If he is, I'm coming back with avengeance. Hell, can't wait to fight this guy again.

So is he the Final Boss? If he is, I'm coming back with avengeance. Hell, can't wait to fight this guy again.

He's pretty much the final boss of this episode/section of the story.
So no. Feels like a final boss, though. There's one more boss left for this episode though:
Chrome Dragon, which seems to be the thing on the cover of the Vita version. I believe it's a sort of bonus boss though.

Judging from the cutscene afterwards, there will probably be 3 more kinds of Dark Falz over the course of the game's life:
Dark Falz Apprentice, Dark Falz Double, and Dark Falz Persona. This Dark Falz was Dark Falz Elder.

Also, the Profound Darkness will probably be last.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
"Last" as in "big an epic", since even the cutscene after the fight shows some new enemies.
Still, I think Sakai or someone called this the "final boss" in one in the interviews.

pants

Is there someway, somewhere I can dowload the update files manually and apply it later? The in client update keeps timing out for me.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Is there someway, somewhere I can dowload the update files manually and apply it later? The in client update keeps timing out for me.
There were a few links to the patched clients, but they all seem to be outdated.

Edit:
Whoa, I've just sold Long Muffler for 951k meseta. And it's only a stupid fun scratch item. :x

- You get 20% (?) of the stat points of the subclass
- You can use the photon arts only if you're using an all-class weapons
- You can freely use techs without the weapon if you put it on your subpalette
- You get all the passive skills
- The sub class doesn't get any XP

That's all, I think.

Awesome, thanks for the summary. Could not find any of that info on the wiki I usually use. Very happy to know its possible to have techs carry over. I always used them as backup on the original games. Ra zonde was the only way my Ranger picked up exp before he got a spread needle I traded for which was probably a dupe.

VariantX

Has anyone data-mined the latest update for any hints toward future content?? Really hoping slicers come back and they have a short/long range mode like gun slashes do.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Has anyone data-mined the latest update for any hints toward future content?? Really hoping slicers come back and they have a short/long range mode like gun slashes do.
Not much new and no sign of new weapon types yet.

Alright, a new part of the update went on the pre-downloader, so a few more details!

New partner cards: Klotho, Jozsef, and Barbara want you to S-rank certain quests on any difficulty (unknown which, that's in a file I don't have yet). Revelle's CO says nothing about what it wants.

Advance Quests
: Three exist, one each for forest, caves, desert. Each requires 10 Advance Data A/B/C (respectively) to run. I don't know where you get these yet.

New emergency quests
:
  • Inbound Abysmal Servants (淵へと迫りしもの): Battle Falz Hunar in the urban sector.
  • Approaching Dark Arms (迫る漆黒の腕): Falz Arm quest.
  • Profound Darkness' Kin: [Colossus] (深遠なる闇の眷属【巨躯】): Dark Falz Elder quest. I checked, that is how the "Profound Darkness" in the original series was written.
  • Desert Guerillas (砂漠遊撃戦): Like the cave emergency, but in desert.
  • Merry Christmas on Ice (氷上のメリークリスマス): Like Trick or Treat, but in tundra.

Mystery Quest
: Name "????????", description "????????". There is a quest referred to as "escape_quest", this may be it!

Side Story Quests: Two of them! 最初の決別 / The First Farewell, 最後のさよなら / The Final Goodbye. Both appear to be about Hadred.

Item affixes
: Chrome Soul is in fact from Chrome Dragon (presumably this is what Hadred is). Photon Collect claims to improve the rate of synthesis for affixes that inflict status.

Room decorations:
Photon Gacha is fully functional. Ceiling decorations exist.

Client orders
: Ruins team orders have been filled in. Several old orders have been modified (including renaming the Dagan Nero order--someone finally noticed that it is in fact not black, but actually red), and new ones have been added for advance quests.

They also started adding Red weapons (FWIW, Red weapons dropped in Ultimate difficulty in the original PSO).

jj2gi.png
ux0u7.png

PSO-World is also claiming that in the new JP PSO2 master guide Sakai says new high level content and boss (probably Hadred, the dragon in the datamined files/PSO2 Vita promo art) will be added in March. They also plan on posting a new road map for the first half of 2013 before the end of this year.

VariantX

Reading the front-page article on PSO-World gives me confidence that this game will probably have at least 3-4 years of updates before they decide to move on. It'll probably be a vastly different game by this time 2013 if they plan on adding more systems.

Some PSO2 fan art (I have the most absurdly huge pile of this stuff on my Skydrive):

Credit to the respective artists on pixiv.

You can see my entire collection here (note: not all of it is PSO2 stuff and some of it is quite fanservice-y).

That's a...surprisingly friendly Lisa. I love it <3

Sweet!!! My first blind Christmas E. Quest was a success...and I got cake as well. Tis a good day today :D

That is some crazy S-ATK, I can't even fathom that on my character. I was finally happy just to break 1000.

I did finally get my first ability unlocked on a weapon. It was hell, don't even want to imagine *10.
Grats! I don't even want to think of attempting to unlock an ability (grinding is hell enough for me as it is).

And you have like 700 more S-Def and 500 more HP than me, so it evens out. ;)

Edit: Someone posted an alternate version of the Dark Falz Arms fight theme. It's pretty friggin' sweet:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_vkq0R5vNU

Also, new costume & parts preview!
http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-jp-updates-december-26th-with-new-years-costumes/

Sara-Outfit.jpg

Mikoto-Cluster.jpg

Cast-Parts-New-Years.jpg

Medium-Series.jpg

Haze-Sorcerer-for-Females.jpg

New-Years-Costume-2.jpg

So I started playing this after some time in the beta earlier this year (nowhere near enough) and I really love it so far. I think it seems like a very good evolution of PSO. The combat is awesome. Anyone else here play with a controller?

Is GAF still mostly on ship 2?

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
So I started playing this after some time in the beta earlier this year (nowhere near enough) and I really love it so far. I think it seems like a very good evolution of PSO. The combat is awesome. Anyone else here play with a controller?

Yeah, most Gaffers are on ship 2 and I think most of them use controllers. I can invite you to the team later if you want.

ezodagrom

The game plays well with both keyboard/mouse and with controller, so you can use whichever you feel more confortable with (I play with keyboard/mouse, my brother plays with controller).

rykomatsu

How active are western players on ship 2? I'm currently on Haggal (#9) but I don't particularly feel comfortable interacting with Japanese MMO players (though I'm native myself) since they can be somewhat "harsh" at times for lack of a better description...and it probably doesn't help that I played WoW for a number of years...

I'm thinking of transferring...only lvl 15 Force so might not be worth it...

How active are western players on ship 2? I'm currently on Haggal (#9) but I don't particularly feel comfortable interacting with Japanese MMO players (though I'm native myself) since they can be somewhat "harsh" at times for lack of a better description...and it probably doesn't help that I played WoW for a number of years...

I'm thinking of transferring...only lvl 15 Force so might not be worth it...

It's probably not worth transferring vs. just deleting and recreating at that point unless you really have things you want to bring with you.

Speaking of ship 2, is block 20 still full of random english players or has everyone decided to stay with their core of friends or spread out in different blocks?

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Speaking of ship 2, is block 20 still full of random english players or has everyone decided to stay with their core of friends or spread out in different blocks?
There's still a hefty number of English players there, but people often go to blocks for the fields they plan to quest in.

Okay soo...I recently started playing this game with a friend (Ship 8, PN: wat3rki, char name: Banshee, if anyone wants to add me) but after awhile the game crashes. It's happened to multiple people I've talked to. I've read about the issues with GameGuard but that seems to freeze up the entire computer, which isn't my case. Just the game. Anyone know a solution to this?

rykomatsu

Okay soo...I recently started playing this game with a friend (Ship 8, PN: wat3rki, char name: Banshee, if anyone wants to add me) but after awhile the game crashes. It's happened to multiple people I've talked to. I've read about the issues with GameGuard but that seems to freeze up the entire computer, which isn't my case. Just the game. Anyone know a solution to this?

Is it the "cannot read memory from address 0xyyyyyyy" problem? Switching to simple shader and virtual full screen mode tends to help for me when it happens, until I reboot.

Kokonoe

Banned
Hmm, I see. Well, this version still has a dancing Chao that gives you a Tails Chao for Sonic Adventure 2Battle so BB can't top that!
Glad that did come out for BB, though, I was playing it earlier this year without it.

Forgot all about this game as I rarely come into community side. Registered ID and downloading now. PSO was my first online game. Judging from the screenshots this looks like that on steroids.

Top Bottom