• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phantasy Star Online 2 Import |OT2| Item Names in English!

Ceadeus

Gold Member
Currently downloading the game using PSO2 Tweaker. 31GB.... it is going to take forever until it's complete. I really hope it works.

Currently downloading the game using PSO2 Tweaker. 31GB.... it is going to take forever until it's complete. I really hope it works.

Uh, I'd hold off on that. We're in the beginning of a 15 hour maintenance and still waiting for the ~4gb episode 4 patch to hit. Not sure how much data will get outright replaced or if it's all expanding the install footprint.

Patch server is back up now. Still about eight hours of maintenance on the schedule. Kind of debating getting some play time in the morning before work.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
To further add to the XQ comment, if you have never cashed in your title rewards that reward the ore you get for the XQ, you can trade in the XQ units from the exchange shop to convert them to passes. Only those specifically however because they match the dropped versions. (Same applies to the evil weapons if I recall, but say early Elder stone weapons you cannot do this for, since they do not normally drop at all.)

In my case it was the easiest way possible to get a Saiki set.
Thanks again for this piece of advice. For some reason I only had stones for 2 11* units, so I'm currently running in a 2/3 saiki set, but having to look for one more beats having to look for 3.

Hopefully Story Board will have some nice drops as well.

I would have personally saved those stones for Ofstia weapons (as they're needed there too, in a not-insignificant quantity). Those stones are the only things keeping me from a second Ofstia at the moment.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Been a while since I got one of these:
8qrBj9T.jpg

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
A new campaign for new players:
All people who register and create characters between January 27th and February 24th will receive:
- Exp ticket 3000 x5
- Mag evolution device for "Red Puyo"
- Rear unit "Fresh Aura" (+50 HP, +4 PP, All resist +2, +30% exp effect up to level 30)

I want the unit, it looks really cool!

There are also 3 other Episode 4 campaigns which will be detailed later:
- SORO parts set
- Join a Team campaign
- Welcome back campaign

http://pso2.jp/players/campaign/ep4/

Edit:
The maintenance has been extended by 2 hours.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Okay, I'm done for today.

I was able to get Summoner to level 35 with tickets/COs, unlock and clear all Tokyo quests and clear the whole 4-1 story (or so it seems, since the last panel gives me "wait until the next piece is available" message).

My Episode 4 impressions so far:
- I like the new title screen and interface. They look fresh and... new.
- Have yet to play Summoner, but I have quite a lot of 8-10 star eggs.
- I have mixed feelings regarding Tokyo - running through rings is fun, but on the other hand soloing that area is quite boring, since it's very big and you spend most time running from place to place.
- Train Gidhoran is a fun boss, although he's so big that it's hard to tell what to attack.
- I like the idea of bonus quests and drops/xp aren't half bad either. They seem to be a really good way to level up quickly without relying on MPAs/EQs.
- The story is kind of weird so far, but I guess it has potential to get interesting down the road. I didn't expect them to connect Earth and PSO2 the way they did it. Now I'm curious to see this week's episode of the anime.
- I don't like the Story Board. Maybe it'll change later, but in 4-1 you're basically standing on the bridge watching cutscenes in order (and doing one story mission + a few regular ones to unlock next cutscenes).

All in all I had fun, but the question is, as usual, will the added content be enough to not get boring after a few days/weeks.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I know it has been said before but Sega sucks, with how successful Warframe and DC Universe Online has been on PS4 there are no excuses to not bring this to the west.

Freeman76

I know it has been said before but Sega sucks, with how successful Warframe and DC Universe Online has been on PS4 there are no excuses to not bring this to the west.

I might have a look into warframe for a few weeks until the patches and english story have been updated on PSO2. Missing Naberius already lol

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I think I was the first person on Ship 1 trying to sell the Ep 4 guidebook Baton, but failed to earn a quick 100 million. When I logged off around midnight, the lowest one listed was 6 million and no one seemed interested in that as well. Bummer!

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Ponpo, are you playing or just scouring the Internet for PSO2 related things? :p

In other news, I haven't seen a full server in a long while:

Please, i'm not scouring!
they just show up in twitter feed, I haven't played in a couple of years (._. )

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Please, i'm not scouring!
they just show up in twitter feed, I haven't played in a couple of years (._. )
You should totally start playing again.
On Ship 1.

If anyone's interested, trophies for EP4 are very easy to get:
- Summoner to lv 30
- Clear the EP4 story quest
- Defeat Train Gidhoran in a sp area

Took me 15 minutes total:

Been playing PSO2 on and off for a while, finally getting into the game seriously again, and i'm wondering if there a "gearing up" guide involving end-game equipment with the pyroxene shop? Playing with the tweaker and english patches and no knowledge of japanese, but the weapons lines and their respective pyroxene stone drops is confusing me on which stones to look for, for different weapon lines. I've been able to narrow it down to most of the 13 starred weapons requiring EQ Falz bosses, Mining Base Defense: Demise, and Ultimate Quests, although it's still a little tricky with quite a few stones left untranslated

So, is there a way to switch between Ep 4 and ep 1-3 from the game or do you have to constantly switch by going to switch ship?
It's the only way.

Been playing PSO2 on and off for a while, finally getting into the game seriously again, and i'm wondering if there a "gearing up" guide involving end-game equipment with the pyroxene shop? Playing with the tweaker and english patches and no knowledge of japanese, but the weapons lines and their respective pyroxene stone drops is confusing me on which stones to look for, for different weapon lines. I've been able to narrow it down to most of the 13 starred weapons requiring EQ Falz bosses, Mining Base Defense: Demise, and Ultimate Quests, although it's still a little tricky with quite a few stones left untranslated

The endgame weps are currently the Austere, Ares, Ideal, and Orbit weapons.
  • Ares drops from Anga and can be gotten by trading in rocks dropped by Anga. They're weaker than Austere but by no means bad.
  • Ideal is the trade in 13* from Challenge Mode. They have the boss killing latent and go well with boss killing weapons like rifle or knuckles.
  • Orbit is from TD:Demise and trading in stones. They have a latent that increases PP regen when sheathed to around Te's PPC making them fantastic for getting PP back in a pinch. Good for damage too.
  • Austere, which are the strongest weapons, are gotten from Zieg for a whole bunch of rocks. They require nero, caligula, ult area rocks, XQ tier 3 rocks, photon boosters, excubes and a corresponding 13* Invade series weapon. Its a hell of a grind but you'll have the strongest weapon in the game.
  • You'll also want to do this more than once so that your weapon is at 60 element. 60 element is important, it'll boost your damage a lot. Doubly so if you're a Force.

Honestly the more important part is having good (usually saiki) units with 100+ s/r/t-atk in affixes.

The endgame weps are currently the Austere, Ares, Ideal, and Orbit weapons.
  • Ares drops from Anga and can be gotten by trading in rocks dropped by Anga. They're weaker than Austere but by no means bad.
  • Ideal is the trade in 13* from Challenge Mode. They have the boss killing latent and go well with boss killing weapons like rifle or knuckles.
  • Orbit is from TD:Demise and trading in stones. They have a latent that increases PP regen when sheathed to around Te's PPC making them fantastic for getting PP back in a pinch. Good for damage too.
  • Austere, which are the strongest weapons, are gotten from Zieg for a whole bunch of rocks. They require nero, caligula, ult area rocks, XQ tier 3 rocks, photon boosters, excubes and a corresponding 13* Invade series weapon. Its a hell of a grind but you'll have the strongest weapon in the game.
  • You'll also want to do this more than once so that your weapon is at 60 element. 60 element is important, it'll boost your damage a lot. Doubly so if you're a Force.

Honestly the more important part is having good (usually saiki) units with 100+ s/r/t-atk in affixes.

Affixing is still a tad bit complicated to me, and i have had very bad luck with unit drops. Using a cheap 10* unit set that dropped from several Emergency Codes and it's still the best i have so far

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I think I did 10+ XH EQ during the weekend, all with 100%+250%+premium drink rare drop boosts, still no 11★ accessory. This is getting a bit irritating.

Wonko_C

I have only logged from time to time to clear a few matter boards during the last couple of years. Every time I see all this crafting, 13*star weapons and challenge/extreme quests/advanced quests I get discouraged and can't get past my Lv 53 stump since then. Is it possible to play the game without worrying about that stuff and just coast through missions only picking up weapon/armor drops from the enemies? I'm interested in Story Mode and soloing.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I have only logged from time to time to clear a few matter boards during the last couple of years. Every time I see all this crafting, 13*star weapons and challenge/extreme quests/advanced quests I get discouraged and can't get past my Lv 53 stump since then. Is it possible to play the game without worrying about that stuff and just coast through missions only picking up weapon/armor drops from the enemies? I'm interested in Story Mode and soloing.
I wouldn't worry about it if you're playing casually. I cleared the whole story with 12* weapons and 10* units. To be honest story missions are much easier when you're lower level and have some decent 10* than on lv 75 with mediocre equipment.

Wonko_C

I wouldn't worry about it if you're playing casually. I cleared the whole story with 12* weapons and 10* units. To be honest story missions are much easier when you're lower level and have some decent 10* than on lv 75 with mediocre equipment.

Thanks. I'll try switching to Fi/Hu from Hu/Fi as that feels more fun to play now.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Thanks. I'll try switching to Fi/Hu from Hu/Fi as that feels more fun to play now.
Definitely get Iron Will and Automate for your Hu, especially if you want to use it as a main/sub class for story missions and you don't have great equipment. Those can get really hectic and they scale to your level.

Are forces a good choice for solo play?

I enjoy the ranger but I'm at level 67 and starting to get a little tired of the attack repertoire, its very simple and not varied enough.

Force is excellent at solo. A FoTe can be self sufficient in all situations and FoBr can have great burst damage and bossing potential through use of a Bow.
Though if attack variation is what you're looking for; Force isn't much better. You use the same set of techs for most situations. And most of the variation comes from having specific weapons for specific tech uses.

Forces are very nice for solo and team stuff. Just have to get use to the incredibly low HP and weak defenses. However if you're coming from ranger, that won't be something you're unfamiliar with.

Though I agree with ChickenHunter about the lack of variety, or rather.. only a few techs are worth it for an average gameplay with everything else is being junk or highly situational. You end up creeping back to the usual suspects for techniques very quickly when you see the gap between them and other stuff.

Compound Techs are pretty fun though. They always and still amuse me.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Call me stupid, but I was really hoping that the PSO2 anime would pick up this week, since they started hinting at the connection between the real world and the game last week.

Well, that didn't happen and we got another episode full of typical anime tropes (and it will be the obligatory onsen episode next week...) with literally 2-3 minutes in the game world.

If this was a 60+ episode series or even a 24 one, I would be much more forgiving - I get it, you need time to establish the setting, make us care about the characters etc. But in a (I assume) one cour anime? Using almost half of the episode for something completely unrelated to why people want to watch it in the first place? A really odd choice.

I'll keep watching, but seriously, at this point it makes me want to play the game less. Mainly because how much I was expecting to flesh out the in-game Episode 4 story.

ezodagrom

Call me stupid, but I was really hoping that the PSO2 anime would pick up this week, since they started hinting at the connection between the real world and the game last week.

Well, that didn't happen and we got another episode full of typical anime tropes (and it will be the obligatory onsen episode next week...) with literally 2-3 minutes in the game world.

If this was a 60+ episode series or even a 24 one, I would be much more forgiving - I get it, you need time to establish the setting, make us care about the characters etc. But in a (I assume) one cour anime? Using almost half of the episode for something completely unrelated to why people want to watch it in the first place? A really odd choice.

I'll keep watching, but seriously, at this point it makes me want to play the game less. Mainly because how much I was expecting to flesh out the in-game Episode 4 story.
Well, in a way the anime truly is like the game, with them drip feeding what people actually want. :3

Top Bottom