• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phantasy Star Online 2 Import |OT2| Item Names in English!

"Tokyo is weak to wind? Better use Rafoie!"

Yeahhhh after messing with Ragrants for a while I've ended up going back to Rafoie lol

You know.. I got a Gal Wind with like 8 slots I never really use too much except on Luther and at first I was so excited to walk into Tokyo with it... then slowly I noticed I started scrolling my mouse wheel back to my Fire and Light staff. Rafoie, Ragrants, and Gifoie all over all again.

I keep trying different combos of wind stuff or well others, but then I pretty much give up and go back to reserving wind for hitting time attack switches.

Call me stupid, but I was really hoping that the PSO2 anime would pick up this week, since they started hinting at the connection between the real world and the game last week.

Well, that didn't happen and we got another episode full of typical anime tropes (and it will be the obligatory onsen episode next week...) with literally 2-3 minutes in the game world.

If this was a 60+ episode series or even a 24 one, I would be much more forgiving - I get it, you need time to establish the setting, make us care about the characters etc. But in a (I assume) one cour anime? Using almost half of the episode for something completely unrelated to why people want to watch it in the first place? A really odd choice.

I'll keep watching, but seriously, at this point it makes me want to play the game less. Mainly because how much I was expecting to flesh out the in-game Episode 4 story.
Well this week pretty much made it obvious that
Suzuki is from the game

I kind of had that feeling since last week.

The beginning of this weeks episode just made me want even more for the anime to have been a series of one off episodes focused on the NPCs/world.
Instead we are getting new, important, canon PSO2 lore like the Student Council President is too good at hide and seek.

ShinMaruku

I went back to force. Now that I have too much combined techs on deck.
KrR8Fvp.jpg

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Got my new weapon to +9 yesterday (with +100% chance items and a ->7) but I ran out of Lambda Grinders. Grinding for more will take some time.
I also spent 16 mil (half of my """fortune""") for another 3 ->7 items, hopefully that will help me get the skill to +3.
The problem is adding additional abilities, but I'll worry about it later (if at all).

Anyway, the real news is no PSO2 anime this week (link).
They didn't give a reason, but I really hope that the 1 week delay has been caused by people complaining and we'll get something better.

I normally use skip 5s, then use success +30% (obtainable with EX cubes) and risk +1 on each step afterward. To do otherwise is wasting the lambda grinders, which are the rarest resource in the process. I think I got my Ofstia to +40 in 29 grind attempts overall.

EDIT: I'm being told the delay has something to do with ARKS Festa happening this week.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I normally use skip 5s, then use success +30% (obtainable with EX cubes) and risk +1 on each step afterward. To do otherwise is wasting the lambda grinders, which are the rarest resource in the process. I think I got my Ofstia to +40 in 29 grind attempts overall.

EDIT: I'm being told the delay has something to do with ARKS Festa happening this week.
I tried using 2 +30% instead of +100% (had 4 of those) and failed each time. :(

I just reached 75 with my ranger, what types of targets are there in end game? No new quests opened up once i dinged 75.

Thats it, no quests unlock at level 75. Instead you can now comfortably:
  • Wait for EQs
  • Level up another 21 times for class specific Excubes to trade in for 3 more Skill points.
  • Start leveling up other classes.
  • Join the never ending hunt for a wide variety of rocks to trade in for a 13* star of your choice.
  • Do the above again because none of the 13* trade-ins come at max element and you'll want your 13* to be max element.
  • Begin making as much money as you possibly can to pay for 13* grind costs and making better units.
  • Join the Fashion metagame.
Welcome to Pickup Stone Online 2. The real game starts here.

Seil

Thats it, no quests unlock at level 75. Instead you can now comfortably:
  • Wait for EQs
  • Level up another 21 times for class specific Excubes to trade in for 3 more Skill points.
  • Start leveling up other classes.
  • Join the never ending hunt for a wide variety of rocks to trade in for a 13* star of your choice.
  • Do the above again because none of the 13* trade-ins come at max element and you'll want your 13* to be max element.
  • Begin making as much money as you possibly can to pay for 13* grind costs and making better units.
  • Join the Fashion metagame.
Welcome to Pickup Stone Online 2. The real game starts here.

And starting next month, fishing and mining to obtain food and skill rings!

I've just started back playing a few days ago. Have played a couple times on and off but never got especially far, especially after the DDoS deal where I took my previous break because a VPN just wasn't cutting it for me. Checked back and saw I no longer needed to jump through hoops and started a new character. Have been kind of jumping around classes, though. I need to settle on one for a bit...

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
The new episode of PSO2 was really bad.
Barely any game, another tease of the real world x game part of the story, sigh.
I honestly lost all hope that it'll become interesting at one point.

The new episode of PSO2 was really bad.
Barely any game, another tease of the real world x game part of the story, sigh.
I honestly lost all hope that it'll become interesting at one point.

I honestly don't know why you had any hope for the story to be any good. Not even PSO2's story was any good. I get that there's always been the potential for it to be good and there are some good moments here and there, but it's no PSO1.
Them going for the PSO2 was an MMO angle starting with Ep4 was a huge mistake. The start of Ep4 even throws away everything that your character did through Ep 1 - 3 to tell a new, less interesting story.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I honestly don't know why you had any hope for the story to be any good. Not even PSO2's story was any good. I get that there's always been the potential for it to be good and there are some good moments here and there, but it's no PSO1.
Them going for the PSO2 was an MMO angle starting with Ep4 was a huge mistake. The start of Ep4 even throws away everything that your character did through Ep 1 - 3 to tell a new, less interesting story.
Well, I didn't want to dismiss it before I gave it a proper shot. A good script can make any story which sounds boring/dumb really interesting, so there was always that chance.

A bummer that the story in both the game and anime are what they are now.

Are there any guides for JP menus? I found bumped.org's to be pretty old the last time i looked at it, so the menu items aren't all in the same spots that the guide shows them in. I'll be trying out the PS4 beta, but without English translations i'll have to hope i have enough muscle memory to go through menus in the PS4 version

I just started this game again since there's been enough translation patches for me to enjoy it. I'm about a quarter of the way through VH and while I'm downing stuff fine, I feel like I should start focusing on gear. Things do die slightly slower than H.

According to guides I should've been using Hiei set already with affixes and HP/PP craft. How does a new player even manage that? I only have 800k meseta, lol.

You won't, since it'll pretty much be impossible for you to craft on your own from the start. Which is why I don't really get the EN community's fascination with the armor for the new players. Still in all truth, it's fine until you get to Super Hard levels as long as you just grind it to +10. Once you're on SH you'll either need to craft it to respectable levels or find something to replace it with.

Just make sure to keep your gear upgraded and current and you'll be okay. +10 your weapon and armor units, as well as getting a max element (50) on your stuff. You'll be good for VH.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Are there any comparison images between the old and new graphics settings?
You can assume that most screenshots are on the highest old settings and everything from the PS4/benchmark is using the new highest level. I don't think SEGA released any official 1:1 comparisons of the same scenes yet.

ezodagrom

EDIT: Replaced the separate shots with side by side comparisons, just so it doesn't take so much space.

Made a few shots for comparing tier 5 and 6 too with a few extras.

First shot is tier 5 with 4x SGSSAA forced through Nvidia Inspector and blur turned off.
Third shot is tier 6 with everything except blur turned on.
Fourth shot is tier 6 with blur and Color Tone Curve turned off.

Unfortunately forcing SGSSAA for tier 6 causes issues with the currently known flags.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Thanks for the comparison pictures.

I wonder if there should be a thread in General Gaming for the new patch and CG opening.
The new opening is not yet in the game and after debating making a new OT for the 4.0 patch, I decided to make the new thread for the PS4 release, since it would get more traction. That's also when the new graphic setting is coming out for the PC.

ezodagrom

Took another comparison shot for fun, turning off some of the new settings and such.

What is being compared in each shot (all of them have blur off, all tier 6 shots have vignette off, also not using SGSSAA on tier 5 this time):
1- Tier 5.
2- Tier 6, color tone curve off.
3- Tier 6, color tone curve, bloom, edge light off.
4- Tier 6.
5- Tier 6, bloom, edge light off.

I'm finding the 5th one to be kinda the sweet spot when it comes to tier 6, though still a bit too bright for my taste, turning off edge light and bloom helps a tiny little bit.
Edge light removes the bright outlines around the char, for me it results in an improvement everywhere, but especially in the char's face outlines (more noticeable in the Tokyo shots).
Bloom only removes the bright shine (tokyo shots) from the white part of the char's shirt, tiny difference but I just find that shine unnecessary.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I'll probably start with the stock graphic setting 6, since I got used to it during the PS4 beta, but might turn some elements off later, since it was indeed very bright.

Zipzo

Banned
Hey guys, I just wanted to post here and let everyone know that I'm a GAF member and am 100% open to questions on the current situation with AIDA.

AIDA mods the reddit, the facebook, and the mods of psow are in his pocket so there's not many outlets available for me to talk about it except for here, or 4chan.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Hey guys, I just wanted to post here and let everyone know that I'm a GAF member and am 100% open to questions on the current situation with AIDA.

AIDA mods the reddit, the facebook, and the mods of psow are in his pocket so there's not many outlets available for me to talk about it except for here, or 4chan.
AIDA?

No surprise really when you even look into the team's and see that they're all together so they're going to stand up for each other. I'm glad to see people discussing the censorship of information and questions. Fact is, way too many people were getting ripped off and waited patiently without even realizing things about chargebacks and seeing those same mods encourage people to just 'wait longer" was ridiculous.

Course this is going to likely be inevitably bad news for tweaker users down the line if not already, but it had to come out if there was something bad going on and frankly.. those people weren't going to get their refunds until you said something for better or worse.

Zipzo

Banned
No surprise really when you even look into the team's and see that they're all together so they're going to stand up for each other. I'm glad to see people discussing the censorship of information and questions. Fact is, way too many people were getting ripped off and waited patiently without even realizing things about chargebacks and seeing those same mods encourage people to just 'wait longer" was ridiculous.

Course this is going to likely be inevitably bad news for tweaker users down the line if not already, but it had to come out if there was something bad going on and frankly.. those people weren't going to get their refunds until you said something for better or worse.

AIDA had the funds to take a single snapshot of refunds, that's it, even more damning is those refunds have been sitting there for ages already anyhow, it took this to even get AIDA to process them finally.

AIDA also removed me from the Facebook group. Interesting actions from someone who claims they have nothing to hide.

We are still connected on Skype, and guess what? AIDA hasn't sent me one single message since this mess began. I wonder why? Now that he knows I'm not opposed to sharing screens, there is literally nothing we could talk about in truth that wouldn't incriminate him further. At this point it's pathological lying, duping all those people.

Look at this on the statement he posted on the website...

AIDA said:
With that out of the way, there is no "$20,000" missing. That was a number I made up when zipzo would not leave me alone around 3/4AM in the morning while I was hopped up on pills (see above) after a work shift. I specifically told him I was not lucid and that the numbers were likely nowhere near that high (spoilers: they're not.)

Haha, I mean, is this not the most atrocious BS you've ever read? It even tells the story incorrectly. AIDA never even gave me that figure, I calculated that figure myself from the outstanding orders that were backed up. So, AIDA claims to have given me a specific set of figures, on a specific list of orders specifically detailing how much of what needs to be bought that adds up to $20,000...but according to them they "�� ¯\_(ツ)_/¯"d that entire detailed list?

It's just unbelievable how they can lie through the tooth like this and people actually get behind him. I may post more images here, at least there's no danger of removal or modding by AIDA.

Zipzo

Banned
I'm not certain there is any purpose in you airing your laundry here. It has nothing to do with the game.

Maybe not directly but it is relevant to a large % of the "import" population playing the game now, I would say the issue is married to PSO2, to be honest. Like I said, I only came here because I'm being censored elsewhere :/.

Maybe not directly but it is relevant to a large % of the "import" population playing the game now, I would say the issue is married to PSO2, to be honest. Like I said, I only came here because I'm being censored elsewhere :/.

Sure, but at this point, you've already mostly made your case (even though the context of what exactly you were involved in had to be pulled out of you by others, because your first post here said nothing about that). The sad fact is, this is inherently a he said-she said situation - I have no means of verifying which of you are being more truthful, and unless PayPal or whatever other payment processors have been involved open up, that will not be changing.

The takeaway I get here is that if you enjoy the game, you should probably stick to using the official launcher and charging AC with PSO2es because you have no way of verifying that anyone else offering such services are on the up and up.

EDIT: For those still confused, further context:

Zipzo

Banned
Sure, but at this point, you've already mostly made your case (even though the context of what exactly you were involved in had to be pulled out of you by others, because your first post here said nothing about that). The sad fact is, this is inherently a he said-she said situation - I have no means of verifying which of you are being more truthful, and unless PayPal or whatever other payment processors have been involved open up, that will not be changing.

The takeaway I get here is that if you enjoy the game, you should probably stick to using the official launcher and charging AC with PSO2es because you have no way of verifying that anyone else offering such services are on the up and up.

EDIT: For those still confused, further context:

It's not a he-said-she-said. I posted screen caps which almost entirely debunk that wall of text.

If you read between the lines, he didn't declare that money *wasn't* missing, in fact he stated it simply "wasn't that high", but spoiler alert: it is.

To call this a he said she said is to be arguably quite slanted in AIDA's favor.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I'm with StarCreator, this hardly seems to be the right place for this kind of thing, especially since you barely provide any context. Wouldn't a medium post or whatever work better as a PSA if that's what you're aiming for?

It's not a he-said-she-said. I posted screen caps which almost entirely debunk that wall of text.

If you read between the lines, he didn't declare that money *wasn't* missing, in fact he stated it simply "wasn't that high", but spoiler alert: it is.

To call this a he said she said is to be arguably quite slanted in AIDA's favor.

Screenshots have literally zero value as evidence. None. And I'm honestly not interested in discussing this, especially if you're going to become hostile in response to those who do not take a side. I'd rather this thread remain focused on the game and not any third party services based around it.

Zipzo

Banned
Screenshots have literally zero value as evidence. None. And I'm honestly not interested in discussing this, especially if you're going to become hostile in response to those who do not take a side. I'd rather this thread remain focused on the game and not any third party services based around it.

Well on the internet everything is a screenshot. Even if I wanted to show you Paypal screencaps and what not, that'd be a screenshot.

Also...I'm sorry you interpreted that as hostility, it was not intended as such.

I would like to have a post to centralize this information where it isn't out of place, but I think I'm still unable to create threads on GAF.

In any case, if the discussion isn't wanted, then I'll simply take it elsewhere, carry on.

Welp now that our silly moment of out of game drama is resolved. Let's go back to discussing the game. How about we talk about mags?

Not stats of mags, cause I think that's been overly discussed enough, but, what about the rest of the components of mags? Their special actions, the abilities like healing etc, and Photon Blasts in general.

Out of curiosity long ago I had went with the イリオス / Ilios series of Photon Blasts, with matching stats per mag. My S-Atk got the swipe, R-Atk got the Arc Slash, and the technique mag got the aura blast. I don't mind イリオス・イメラ / Ilios Imera on my Ranger or Gunner outside of a really bad summon and I get knocked on my butt and then it runs out of time. The sword slash one is.. okay.. and I dislike the long start up aura explosion one. So it left me with some thoughts.

Videos I see online are really tempting me with ユリウス・ニフタ / Julius Nifta. The grouping and free damage.. plus the whole fire and forget mechanic seems like it'd be refreshing. But if I threw it on say.. my S-ATK mag is the damage going to be awful? Does it even affect say the suction power?

There's always the space fish ケートス・プロイ / Ketos Proi who never lets me down as a safe fallback. Though I'm wondering if anyone has any experiences good or bad about their Photon Blasts they've tried. Maybe even some other settings for mag skills. For example, I've been pretty fond of barta as a shot since the occasional ice freeze, or stopping Vol Dragon's legs or even a suicide bug has been helpful.. Though it's also been a bit annoying.. such as freezing a part of a core robot.. and the doors not opening until the ice timer wears off.

I've also just set up my mag for mag healing since I've never really seen anything else out there that triggered often enough such as the rezz or the invincibility seems to hit me when I'm walking to the next fight rather then during it. So anyone got any tips or experience with any of these?

Videos I see online are really tempting me with ユリウス・ニフタ / Julius Nifta. The grouping and free damage.. plus the whole fire and forget mechanic seems like it'd be refreshing. But if I threw it on say.. my S-ATK mag is the damage going to be awful? Does it even affect say the suction power?

Nifta's damage is based off of T-atk. Having it on an S-atk mag can still work fine, it just won't be as strong. Still does enough damage to be useful to have in Bursts and in many other situations. Suction power is not affected by any stats. It and Ketos are the two best Photon blasts.

I've also just set up my mag for mag healing since I've never really seen anything else out there that triggered often enough such as the rezz or the invincibility seems to hit me when I'm walking to the next fight rather then during it. So anyone got any tips or experience with any of these?

The PP regen mag actions are pretty popular. If you replace all your mag's actions with those it's pretty handy. You can even do things like keep your mag at 0 hunger and feed it something once you need alot of PP fast.

Top Bottom