• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phantasy Star Online 2 Import |OT2| Item Names in English!

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Definitely going to be busy next week.

I decided to give Premium a shot and start raising a fresh new Mag. Looking forward to EP4, but really want to grind through the previous episode stories.
With all the Matter Board changes it's really fast and easy now, so you should be fine. Some story missions can be really hard on your main character if you don't have top tier equipment, so if that happens I suggest trying with a low level class with overpowered gear. Much easier.

By the way, I made a separate thread about the PS4 beta/release date announcement.

Watched the second episode of the PSO2 anime yesterday.
It continues to be... not great. I really don't understand why they're focusing so much on the real world, since it's supposed to be an ad for the game.

I still think it has a potential to be at least mildly interesting, but they would really have to switch the focus for that.

It was an episode about having to use 5 moon atomizers on the same person in a single mission, which a huge problem and maincharacterguy should feel bad and ashamed about it.
Also how did the level 15 guy enter the hard forest?

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
It was an episode about having to use 5 moon atomizers on the same person in a single mission, which a huge problem and maincharacterguy should feel bad and ashamed about it.
I guess they wanted to show people to not ignore your party members and your own HP bar or something. The anime can't be realistic, because most of the gameplay is mindless running around and using aoe attacks.

Then again, during yesterdays livestream they seemed very satisfied about new registration numbers thanks to the anime, so at least it's working for them, I guess.

Funny cause I hate when this happens, especially in my usual pug runs. I was kinda raised on PSO1's JP community who you had you up the second you dropped with a moon because it was the right thing to do and you played intelligently. (Nor did they take your damn weapon like the EN loved to.)

But PSO2 is really showing me how obvious and bad some people are getting. Especially the ones who have symbol art flying off showing that it's yet again the same person in un-crafted, un-grinded hiei armor in XH every.single.time. I had to try and train myself to not waste my moons on these people cause they're just causing the runs to go slower and much more. Elder/Luther first came out, people running out of moons was a common problem and the good players burned through theirs for the awful ones.

As for the anime.. well, I'm suspecting it ties into when or very close to Episode 4 launches, it's gonna drop the 'school life' focus and maybe focus on the fact that darkers are probably going to be real and stuff. Especially that cinematic bench-mark trailer they presented at the livestream showing that ARKs or whatever can conceal the Phantoms from normal people's vision. Stronger surprise is my guess. Could be completely wrong though.

Freeman76

Ive started to run out of steam, ive played nothing but this game for 2 weeks now and ive reach level 58. Do any of you guys find this? With the original PSO games i was hooked for months, guess it was all new back then!

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I started leveling my Braver yesterday (currently 4X) since it seems to be the go to melee class for endgame and since I needed a weapon, I took a random 12 star katana with 6 or so affixes out of my storage and started using it.
I have no idea where I got it, probably from Matter Board or something.
Imagine my surprise when instead of regular PAs, I started throwing Zans left and right.

While it looked cool, I went back to my 10* +7 random Katana, because not being able to use proper skills seems to be a huge downside.

By the way, does anyone have good Br/Hu skill guides? I still have some all skill tree reset tickets left, so I thought about using one since my Br tree is currently very random.
Ive started to run out of steam, ive played nothing but this game for 2 weeks now and ive reach level 58. Do any of you guys find this? With the original PSO games i was hooked for months, guess it was all new back then!
Your first (or one of the first) grindfest is always the special one, so there's nothing weird about not feeling like doing the same thing over and over again in a new game despite it being a part of the series you love.

I myself have been playing on and off since alpha 2 and currently have about 890 hours of playtime (which isn't even that much throughout the years) and when I get bored, and I get bored often, I just try to make little goals for myself.
With how easy Matter Board clearing is right now, it's not a bad goal, especially since later ones give you decent equipment, you get cool titles which come together with items and can even get campaign prizes since there seem to be regular campaigns for clearing/completing various Matter Boards.

I've known people who would try to clear all available Client Orders at least once, I myself tried to get maximum affection with all partner NPCs in the past.

You can also try to get good at Time Attack quests, since they're a great source of money, especially if you're not premium.

I also strongly suggest linking your account with PSO2es for smartphones if only for 15k experience tickets and the 100 item storage which is going to be added in the 1/27 update.

--
Speaking of Episode 4, I'm still not sure which timing would be better to get the PSO2 OT out of the community forum hell:
- Episode 4 release or around the release, since it revamps the tutorial, adds a new class and some features and most people who want to play in English would have to do it on PC anyway
- PS4 release, since being able to buy AC on the PSN is a big plus and some people want to play the game but don't want to do it on PC

What do you guys think?

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Speaking of Episode 4, I'm still not sure which timing would be better to get the PSO2 OT out of the community forum hell:
- Episode 4 release or around the release, since it revamps the tutorial, adds a new class and some features and most people who want to play in English would have to do it on PC anyway
- PS4 release, since being able to buy AC on the PSN is a big plus and some people want to play the game but don't want to do it on PC

What do you guys think?
Probably the PS4 release. At this point if you wanted to try the game on PC you'd have done it by now so I doubt Ep 4 will make any waves here. The PS4 release on the other hand will be the first chance for people without PC's to try the game (not counting vita cause of the stupid hassle it is to switch PSN accounts on it).

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Probably the PS4 release. At this point if you wanted to try the game on PC you'd have done it by now so I doubt Ep 4 will make any waves here. The PS4 release on the other hand will be the first chance for people without PC's to try the game (not counting vita cause of the stupid hassle it is to switch PSN accounts on it).
That's a good point. Oh well, more time to make the thread.

I started leveling my Braver yesterday (currently 4X) since it seems to be the go to melee class for endgame
Actually that'd be Fi/Hu still. Br just tends to be a safer option for low risk play. If you take HardcoreTAMetagame™ into account Br is currently in high use simply because its new PA, Guren, is the fastest method of travel.

and since I needed a weapon, I took a random 12 star katana with 6 or so affixes out of my storage and started using it.
I have no idea where I got it, probably from Matter Board or something.
Yeah that'd be from the matterboard. Its actually pretty good for HardcoreTAMetagame™ since you can do tech cancel stuff with it but thats neither here nor there.

By the way, does anyone have good Br/Hu skill guides? I still have some all skill tree reset tickets left, so I thought about using one since my Br tree is currently very random.
The Hu tree is the same as any Hu tree. Here's the Br Tree.

What do you guys think?

Doing it for the PS4 release is probably for the best. Too many people would drive by post about how there isn't a western version if there was another PC-centric thread. The PS4 release would at least have people 'attempting' to get into the game through PSN before being gateway'd into the PC version.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Actually that'd be Fi/Hu still. Br just tends to be a safer option for low risk play. If you take HardcoreTAMetagame™ into account Br is currently in high use simply because its new PA, Guren, is the fastest method of travel.
Oh, so Fi/Hu is actually viable? Interesting. I might drop leveling my Br then, since I vastly prefer Fi and Hu gameplay. I assume that using Fi requires juggling its two stances and Fury stance from Hu isn't enough to deal decent damage?
Doing it for the PS4 release is probably for the best. Too many people would drive by post about how there isn't a western version if there was another PC-centric thread. The PS4 release would at least have people 'attempting' to get into the game through PSN before being gateway'd into the PC version.
Again, good point. PS4 release seems like better timing.

Yeah that'd be from the matterboard. Its actually pretty good for HardcoreTAMetagame™ since you can do tech cancel stuff with it but thats neither here nor there.

The Hu tree is the same as any Hu tree. Here's the Br Tree. It may be slightly off, but that is the general idea for a melee build. Once I am able to double check i'll update this post.

Yep. This is very close to what I use for my own braver.

As far as getting burned out a bit, you could always try another class (start up another character) so you can try a different type of class, maybe a T-ATK one? Otherwise burn out is normal and happens to the best of us. I'm on a psuedo-break since I hit my last class I needed to 75. Could grab fighter or braver or something to just get yourself a different experience. Will be back more once Episode 4 drops and I can spend my 100+ experience tickets on Summoner for lulz.

Oh, so Fi/Hu is actually viable? Interesting. I might drop leveling my Br then, since I vastly prefer Fi and Hu gameplay. I assume that using Fi requires juggling its two stances and Fury stance from Hu isn't enough to deal decent damage?

Again, good point. PS4 release seems like better timing.

Fi/Hu is super viable. Most builds these days just stick to only using Brave stance, especially now that the damage decrease for wrong positioning isn't there anymore. The Crit build provides massive damage. Every hit you do will be a crit so its not even an RNG dependent build. Just gotta get good at dodging so you don't die when in limit break.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Fi/Hu is super viable. Most builds these days just stick to only using Brave stance, especially now that the damage decrease for wrong positioning isn't there anymore. The Crit build provides massive damage. Every hit you do will be a crit so its not even an RNG dependent build. Just gotta get good at dodging so you don't die when in limit break.
Thanks for skill builds.
It seems that it would be a good idea to make a separate tree for Hu as a main class with auto mate, sword gear, healing/pp gain/all guard. Is /Fi a good subclass for a Hunter or should I use something else to be more effective?

As for the Fighter tree, are Crazy Heart and Crazy Beat really necessary? I usually recover status alignments as soon as they hit me - unless this also activates when under the effect of Limit Break. If not, I guess putting those points into PP Slayer or something might be a better use of Skill Points.

Thanks for skill builds.
It seems that it would be a good idea to make a separate tree for Hu as a main class with auto mate, sword gear, healing/pp gain/all guard. Is /Fi a good subclass for a Hunter or should I use something else to be more effective?

As for the Fighter tree, are Crazy Heart and Crazy Beat really necessary? I usually recover status alignments as soon as they hit me - unless this also activates when under the effect of Limit Break. If not, I guess putting those points into PP Slayer or something might be a better use of Skill Points.

If you want a separate Hu tree that has those things, make one. The one i linked provides the most damage boost and gives a little bit of a wiggle room to put leftover points into things like Iron Will. Hu works well with Fi and Br subs, Bo too i suppose. Hu/Te is also an option but requires a commitment to melee Te. Hu generally is better as a sub because a lot of it's weapons have strong multiclass options and other class exclusive skills tend to be better.

Limit break counts as a status ailment, so Crazy Heart and Beat both activate during it. Also I've just taken to actively seeking out status ailments so that the two are active as much as possible. But i'm a crazy person with bad self preservation habits so I won't recommend standing in front of turrets.
You should totally stand in front of turrets poison is your friend and will only make you stronger

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
If you want a separate Hu tree that has those things, make one. The one i linked provides the most damage boost and gives a little bit of a wiggle room to put leftover points into things like Iron Will. Hu works well with Fi and Br subs, Bo too i suppose. Hu/Te is also an option but requires a commitment to melee Te. Hu generally is better as a sub because a lot of it's weapons have strong multiclass options and other class exclusive skills tend to be better.

Limit break counts as a status ailment, so Crazy Heart and Beat both activate during it. Also I've just taken to actively seeking out status ailments so that the two are active as much as possible. But i'm a crazy person with bad self preservation habits so I won't recommend standing in front of turrets.
You should totally stand in front of turrets poison is your friend and will only make you stronger
I think those turrets are my most hated enemy in the game. So weak, yet so annoying.

I see, LB counting as a status aliment makes those two skills make sense. I can't fathom playing as a X/Hu or Hu/X without Iron Will though, so I'll have to make some modifications, resulting in 5-10% less damage but higher survivability (I'm not that great at dodging/guarding). I'm not aiming for a pro TACO runner though, so I'm fine with that. Thanks again for your help!

Freeman76

Was just getting a little burned out and now forced to take a break since the new gameguard patch has broken the tweaker.

People have found a workaround but i would rather wait and see if Aida can fix it first. Time to fire up the PS4

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Interviews with PSO2 staff have been posted on various Japanese gaming sites and while they contain mostly already known information, an interesting tidbit has been included - the PS4/PC setting 6 graphics from TGS have been in early stages and have been improved since then.

Fingers crossed for the new setting to not just be "shiny lines on everything", especially since they aim to make the game look more realistic through shading etc.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Episode 4 3+GB pre patch is live.

As for the 3rd episode of the PSO2 anime, while what happened didn't make much sense (humans don't act like that, even stupid ones), at least it had more in game stuff
I'm kind of excited for the next week's episode to see how the anime ties in to the game.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Now I'm ready for Episode 4.
w7VLjVp.jpg

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I remember when 100% clearing a matter board was a big deal and a huge pain - running Big Vardha for days and no drop. Really glad that they made it easier and less boring.

To be honest I just wanted to clear all MBs to not have to think about it when they introduce that new story system in EP4. Took way less time than I expected, despite having to finish boards for 2 episodes.

PS4 beta signups started today, download this from the PS Store to be eligible for the selection lottery.

Is there an actual download or does it just have to be attached to your PSN account? I "bought" it from the webstore but the button to download to PS4 never returned a response and I seriously can't figure out how to download anything on the PS4 itself.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Is there an actual download or does it just have to be attached to your PSN account? I "bought" it from the webstore but the button to download to PS4 never returned a response and I seriously can't figure out how to download anything on the PS4 itself.
I honestly don't remember how it works. You can always go to the Store -> Library on the console to be sure.

PS4 beta signups started today, download this from the PS Store to be eligible for the selection lottery.
Again, thanks for the heads up. I forgot that was happening.

It's not showing up there at all and I can't PS4 well enough to know if that's normal.

They said that a certain number will be selected, so my best guess will be that a download prompt/code/link will be sent to them via email or message section of the PS4 around when the beta starts..

Don't quote me on that; my guess is based on receiving a download link from another game beta some time ago.

In game-related news, I finally hit Level 75 in my Bouncer class!

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Again, thanks for the heads up. I forgot that was happening.

They said that a certain number will be selected, so my best guess will be that a download prompt/code/link will be sent to them via email or message section of the PS4 around when the beta starts..

Don't quote me on that; my guess is based on receiving a download link from another game beta some time ago.

In game-related news, I finally hit Level 75 in my Bouncer class!
If you have the ticket in your services list you're good.

As for the notification, if you're chosen, you'll get an email to the address tied with your PSN account.

-Minsc-

I guess they wanted to show people to not ignore your party members and your own HP bar or something. The anime can't be realistic, because most of the gameplay is mindless running around and using aoe attacks.

Then again, during yesterdays livestream they seemed very satisfied about new registration numbers thanks to the anime, so at least it's working for them, I guess.

It got me to download the game.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Seems like the version shown at TGS wasn't shiny enough, they had to make it even more shiny. =W=

Screenshots were posted on PSOW, they're from the PS4 version it seems.

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3322881&postcount=3
They're from the closed beta page which opened today.

I was hoping that it'll be less shiny than the TGS version (although I didn't mind it while playing it), but we'll see the final product for ourselves in a few weeks, I guess.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Every time I see this thread, I want to reinstall the game. But the hoops you have to jump through and the potential pitfalls associated with playing outside JP with the Tweaker makes me not go through with it. The PS4 versions sounds like a superb option, but again...No translation means I won't be able to enjoy it. :(

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Every time I see this thread, I want to reinstall the game. But the hoops you have to jump through and the potential pitfalls associated with playing outside JP with the Tweaker makes me not go through with it. The PS4 versions sounds like a superb option, but again...No translation means I won't be able to enjoy it. :(
Isn't making the account the only hoop? (Aside from using the launcher for patches).
Also, what pitfalls?

So last night I ended up in a late TD4 run that, for reasons, ended up starting with only six people total. We ran it anyway just to see how far we could get. Results: http://www.hitbox.tv/video/870724?t=24m (seek to 24 minutes if it doesn't do it automatically, though there's a kind of mediocre run preceding it if you want to watch that too)

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I'm still rocking the equipment I showed before in the thread and have been thinking about getting an update. I know that I got multiple suggestions (which I'm very thankful for), but my question is this - what's the easiest way to get any 11* units which would allow me to get 11* unit purchase tickets from the recycle shop?

Also, a question for people who have been around during more recent big updates - should I just wait with spending my money and time and just focus on whatever they'll add in Episode 4, weapon and unit wise?

I'm still rocking the equipment I showed before in the thread and have been thinking about getting an update. I know that I got multiple suggestions (which I'm very thankful for), but my question is this - what's the easiest way to get any 11* units which would allow me to get 11* unit purchase tickets from the recycle shop?

Also, a question for people who have been around during more recent big updates - should I just wait with spending my money and time and just focus on whatever they'll add in Episode 4, weapon and unit wise?

You can trade in XQ 11* units for unit passes. Aside from that your best bet is just doing EQs and hoping for a drop off of a boss.

The Austere and Orbit trade in weapons are very strong and will likely remain at the top for a some time. Episode 4 will probably not change this. Devote your time towards getting an Austere, Ares, or Orbit and your money towards getting better units.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
You can trade in XQ 11* units for unit passes. Aside from that your best bet is just doing EQs and hoping for a drop off of a boss.

The Austere and Orbit trade in weapons are very strong and will likely remain at the top for a some time. Episode 4 will probably not change this. Devote your time towards getting an Austere, Ares, or Orbit and your money towards getting better units.
Yeah, I've been doing EQs for a while now expecting a shower of 11* units, but despite going in with a 250% rare drop boost, 100% triboost and premium drink rare drop boost, not one has dropped so far.

As for weapons, I've been thinking of going for 2016 weapon bages, since I still have some 2015 ones left which I can trade in.

Yeah, I've been doing EQs for a while now expecting a shower of 11* units, but despite going in with a 250% rare drop boost, 100% triboost and premium drink rare drop boost, not one has dropped so far.

As for weapons, I've been thinking of going for 2016 weapon bages, since I still have some 2015 ones left which I can trade in.

I don't think it's exactly "shower" status, but a quick check of my storage tells me I've gotten 24 11* units without really trying for them. That's more a factor of how much I play rather than how lucky I am; just for example, this afternoon I collected my 402nd Caligula stone, meaning I've run Progeny of the Apocalypse at least 67 times - and it can be assumed I've run every other possible EM about as many times in the same timeframe.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I don't think it's exactly "shower" status, but a quick check of my storage tells me I've gotten 24 11* units without really trying for them. That's more a factor of how much I play rather than how lucky I am; just for example, this afternoon I collected my 402nd Caligula stone, meaning I've run Progeny of the Apocalypse at least 67 times - and it can be assumed I've run every other possible EM about as many times in the same timeframe.
Hm, that doesn't sound too bad. Guess I'll just keep doing what I'm doing, while running more Ultimate Naberius in hopes of getting Ares.

Unrelated question - do the blue sidestory tablets in single player areas only show for whichever Matter Board you have selected?
I've been looking into that yesterday on both English and Japanese sites and I haven't found an easy explanation/guide how to get all events to make them playable in the Visiophone.

Should I choose one matter board and run through SP areas in all maps until the blue tablets stop appearing? Back in the day they were gray if you haven't seen them yet, but I did 10-15 forest runs and every time got 3-5 blue ones, despite having some random EP3 matter board selected.

If anything, I'd stop using the triboosts for most things unless you're really after the EXP as well. They're not as rare as they used to be but they're still much harder to obtain than any other type of boost item. I generally only end up popping them for days that have innate boosts, just to see if I can overflow the boost % (lol)

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
If anything, I'd stop using the triboosts for most things unless you're really after the EXP as well. They're not as rare as they used to be but they're still much harder to obtain than any other type of boost item. I generally only end up popping them for days that have innate boosts, just to see if I can overflow the boost % (lol)
I still have over 99 50% triboosts, so I guess I'll just keep using those.

To further add to the XQ comment, if you have never cashed in your title rewards that reward the ore you get for the XQ, you can trade in the XQ units from the exchange shop to convert them to passes. Only those specifically however because they match the dropped versions. (Same applies to the evil weapons if I recall, but say early Elder stone weapons you cannot do this for, since they do not normally drop at all.)

In my case it was the easiest way possible to get a Saiki set.

Unrelated question - do the blue sidestory tablets in single player areas only show for whichever Matter Board you have selected?
I've been looking into that yesterday on both English and Japanese sites and I haven't found an easy explanation/guide how to get all events to make them playable in the Visiophone.

That depends. There are a few that can show up no matter what the matterboard. Namely the class representatives ones for example will appear no matter what, even if they get sorted somewhere else. For other stuff you generally have to have the right matterboard equipped and some of the blues one can only appear in specific areas so try to guess the background of the area if you see one locked. Otherwise you do need the specific ones equipped, as I couldn't get the after the Dark Falz Elder cutscene to trigger until I equipped that one board its on.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
To further add to the XQ comment, if you have never cashed in your title rewards that reward the ore you get for the XQ, you can trade in the XQ units from the exchange shop to convert them to passes. Only those specifically however because they match the dropped versions. (Same applies to the evil weapons if I recall, but say early Elder stone weapons you cannot do this for, since they do not normally drop at all.)

In my case it was the easiest way possible to get a Saiki set.

That depends. There are a few that can show up no matter what the matterboard. Namely the class representatives ones for example will appear no matter what, even if they get sorted somewhere else. For other stuff you generally have to have the right matterboard equipped and some of the blues one can only appear in specific areas so try to guess the background of the area if you see one locked. Otherwise you do need the specific ones equipped, as I couldn't get the after the Dark Falz Elder cutscene to trigger until I equipped that one board its on.
Thanks for both answers! I'll look into that later.

Top Bottom