• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phil Spencer visited Blizzard today

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
BEEmpYB.jpg

Elysium44

Banned
Geez grandpa, who shat on your lawn?
Did you get dumped by some chick or dude that had bright hair or where does your hate towards them come from exactly?

Who is that woman and why does she look like a clown though? It is so over the top, in-your-face that it detracts from the whole interview. Nobody can take her seriously, and it taints Microsoft by association. Maybe the execs think it makes them down with the kids? But that is not what a typical gamer looks like, nor does the typical gamer like women looking like that either.

I heard from someone there that most of the speeches were pretty boring, but that Phil’s was actually pretty good. It sounded like people are optimistic about the change, but that of course is just one person’s perspective.

Elysium44

Banned
I heard from someone there that most of the speeches were pretty boring, but that Phil’s was actually pretty good. It sounded like people are optimistic about the change, but that of course is just one person’s perspective.

If you get a new boss who expects only a bare minimum of effort then I can see how that would be popular with the staff.

cripterion

It truly is bizarre, tbh.

These big acquisitions are almost NEVER wanted by employees. Things almost unanimously change for the worse. People end up getting laid off. Benefits get cut. More layers of middle management BS to deal with, all sorts of ESG nonsense as well. Imagine Phil, after failing spectacularly for Xbox for decades, decides to acquire your company....how confident would you feel about that?

Any time some big wig executive comes on site after acquiring your company, it feels like this: Photoshop Phil's face on this dude

Please Clap Jeb Bush GIF by MOODMAN

I understand the sentiment, but in Blizzard's case, how much worse can it get? I think they rather have Phil "Big Spender" than Bobby "Dick".

Last edited:

damidu

I understand the sentiment, but in Blizzard's case, how much worse can it get? I think they rather have Phil "Big Spender" than Bobby "Dick".
lol unlike spender, bobby dick actually figured out how to make money.
phil would be wise to not touch anything, but knowing how he operates, get prepared for the shit show I'd say

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
I said reputation, not game quality. I like Diablo 4 myself but the reception around micro transactions as well as the loot box situation with Overwatch 2 has done some reputational damage.
You think Bobby Kotick gives a damn about his reputation when it doesn't impact his pocket book one iota?

Cue the crying with money gif.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
I find it funny that these people still don't know that dyeing your hair doesn't count as an alternative for having a personality. You'd think they would at least entertain the idea of "hey the head of Xbox at MS is coming, maybe i shouldn't dress up like an actual clown on camera when we chat" would be a thought that goes through ones head.

here's a quick guess, She loves Marvel and Harry Potter, hate's Dave Chapelles comedy but finds Amy Schumer hilarious, has Funko pops all over her desk and loves to be "one of the lads" and joins them at strip clubs and sports bars, even though she attends feminist meetings and shouts "all men are bad". She is Painfully "sex positive" maybe even has an onlyfans or webcam account, she obviously loves dungeons and dragons and would play settlers of Catan over going out for a healthy walk and actually getting fresh air.

did i miss anything?

New Orleans Saints GIF

Top Bottom