• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pimped out my PS5!

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Grew tired of the black and white colors of the PS5 so I decided to change the entire look of it.

EBfDMaS.jpg

When PS5 first released, I thought the black and white color was a pretty nice change from the default black color we always got on consoles. But when I bought a Switch OLED and ROG Ally, everything just felt too much white. And I gotta say, the PS5 looks so much better in all black. I also put a new stand on it, which is much sturdier and easy to apply. No screws needed at all. It also produce this cool looking blue light when you turn it on.

UD9jwbM.jpg

The last thing I did, was to put the PS2 reminiscent sticker on it. I thought that would be a cool call back to a long lost generation that all Playstation fans remember fondly. It certainly fits the look of the console.

What do you think? Is this how Sony should've released the PS5? Or do you still appreciate the original black and white aesthetic?
Not gonna lie, I'd buy these plates in an instant.

mrmustard

Banned
Thanks! That sticker looks great.

For the panels I am thinking DBrand for that grey. Or I found a wood panel covers on Amazon, lol.

gray_retro-gray_.jpg

71TpGEw1yjL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Edit: Both Woodgrain and Dbrand are a bit pricey but that look is great. Only thing stopping me is the though that I am most likely going to snag a Pro next Fall 😀
You can also get some nice and cheap plates from Aliexpress:

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Grew tired of the black and white colors of the PS5 so I decided to change the entire look of it.

EBfDMaS.jpg

When PS5 first released, I thought the black and white color was a pretty nice change from the default black color we always got on consoles. But when I bought a Switch OLED and ROG Ally, everything just felt too much white. And I gotta say, the PS5 looks so much better in all black. I also put a new stand on it, which is much sturdier and easy to apply. No screws needed at all. It also produce this cool looking blue light when you turn it on.

UD9jwbM.jpg

The last thing I did, was to put the PS2 reminiscent sticker on it. I thought that would be a cool call back to a long lost generation that all Playstation fans remember fondly. It certainly fits the look of the console.

What do you think? Is this how Sony should've released the PS5? Or do you still appreciate the original black and white aesthetic?
Wait... I also just noticed... is that some stupid cooling stand?
Yeah that crap belong on the floor

RagnarokIV

If they had a proper slim model, I would rebuy a PS5 and kit it out black with PS2 styling. But that current monstrosity is still a no for me.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
It's not a cooling stand. It's a regular stand with LED lights on. What's up with your shit attitude? Every post you make is passive aggressive, get the fuck out of here with that shit.
I am just joking around. It's a nice ps5 man

The Stig

My PS5

TOP:
I got official black plates from Sony. Also a retro style sticker to go over the original logo from glistco this pic shows it off better:
sticker.jpg

ps5-top.jpg

Side:

ps5-side.jpg

Glistco skates because I am old school and vertical optical drives are heresy. Sorry for the dust. Trust me it looked way worse before.

Last edited:

digdug2

Vk6UdRY.jpg

I have the official Sony camouflage plates, a dbrand sticker for the middle, and Nexigo horizontal stands. I like the matte look overall. And since the flash was on, apparently I also have a VERY finger-printed cabinet drawer handle.

Mr Hyde

Vk6UdRY.jpg

I have the official Sony camouflage plates, a dbrand sticker for the middle, and Nexigo horizontal stands. I like the matte look overall. And since the flash was on, apparently I also have a VERY finger-printed cabinet drawer handle.

I was thinking about going with a matte look in the middle too. Not really a fan of the glossy finish to be honest. It's prone to dust and scratches. Probably gonna apply some in the near future. Your grey looks really nice 👍

Last edited:

Ar¢tos

I bought a cheap black dust cover for mine, it's enough. I remove it before turning it on and replace when I'm done playing. It was 7€, no need for expensive plates.

It's a third party stand from Nexigo. Way better than the crap we got in the first place.

I noticed those stands on your PS5 as well, would love to order one as well, I hate how easily the OEM stand can slip if you try to move the PS5, hopefully these will solve my issue! What is the height of the PS5 when you have that stand on it? I don't have a lot of clearance as you can see from my console pic.
EfFSrsq.png

Also, if you look in the back left, I installed a AC Infinity Airplate S2 fan (link below) to suck out all the hot exhaust from my PS5 to get it out of the TV stand, works like a charm, console is dead silent all the time and it is powered by one of the USB ports on the back of the PS5

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MRS2HE7/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Z7JPl2s.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom