• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Piscatella: People planning to buy Stellar Blade in the US - 84% Male, 69% aged 30-44, 58% also have or intend to buy FFVII: Rebirth, 95% use YouTube

Topher

Gold Member
Because he is a simp, probably to prove someone's point over Twitter. I mean, how many times he point out the male/female gap between games?

Thats 'why' I stop listening to him as soon as he stop to report numbers because 'hurts'.

Yeah, he can't just post sales numbers relevant to gaming. Always has some angle he trying to push and then he cries when folks point it out.

Nice, I fit in the statistics perfectly. I’m in my 30s and I’ve bought FF7R and plan to buy the deluxe edition of Stellar Blade day one :messenger_grinning_sweat:.

I’m so glad Japan and Korea are keeping gaming alive with these booba and peach games. We have to support them any way we can otherwise we will get nothing but games with women that look like the Fable “girl” :messenger_hushed:🤢

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
Came to make sure 69 was mentioned.

Men of culture up in this bitch.

welcome-to-the-society-of-uncompromising-men-cheers.gif

Humdinger

It's abundantly clear chicks are vastly in the minority for video games. It's irrefutable if you spend any amount of time in RL.

Yes. And if anyone needs data to support that... From the link I posted earlier*, women are the majority for only two genres: tile-based puzzle games (e.g., Candy Crush) and family or farming simulators. In those two genres, women comprise about 70% of the players.

However, for every other gaming genre (21 out of 23, per this survey), men are the majority, ranging from 60% to 98% of the audience. A few examples: FPS is 93/7 (male/female), Open World is 86/14, Action-Adventure 82/18, WRPG 75/25.

*https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women_and_video_games [based on 2017 survey of 270,000 gamers]

Last edited:
As expected, the market is almost entirely male dominated. It's a shame most modern games pander to the sensibilities of a female audience that doesn't exist.

Last edited:

Roronoa Zoro

Gold Member
100% indicated they would buy the Eve sex robot as soon as she's available.

50% said they didn't care about the skin suit making the game harder and claimed they would "git gud" for "the plot's sake"

Felessan

From the link I posted earlier*, women are the majority for only two genres: tile-based puzzle games (e.g., Candy Crush) and family or farming simulators. In those two genres, women comprise about 70% of the players. However, for every other gaming genre (21 out of 23, per this survey), men are the majority, ranging from 60% to 98% of the audience. A few examples: FPS is 93/7 (male/female), Open World is 86/14, Action-Adventure 82/18, WRPG 75/25.

*https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women_and_video_games [based on 2017 survey of 270,000 gamers]
Women tends to play simple or social or cute/appealing to them games.
MMO have higher than average male to female ratio.
And games that made efforts to tailor some of it content for women also enjoys higher than average ratio. Granblue (mobile) is an oldschoolish heavy grind jrpg. It has more female players than male players, because there are specific characters and stories tailored for women liking (and tailoring for women liking is not introducing female fat ugly gorilla but instead adding slim handsome men)

Last edited:

Humdinger

As expected, the market is almost entirely male dominated. It's a shame most modern games pander to the sensibilities of a female audience that doesn't exist.

And further, the "female audience" they are catering to isn't even normal women, who I assume/hope comprise the majority of women, but rather a bunch of woke journalists, hypersensitive feminists, black female activists, and a tiny percentage of trans people -- most of whom don't play or like games to begin with...

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
And games that made efforts to tailor some of it content for women also enjoys higher than average ratio. Granblue (mobile) is an oldschoolish heavy grind jrpg. It has more female players than male players, because there are specific characters and stories tailored for women liking (and tailoring for women liking is not introducing female fat ugly gorilla but instead adding slim handsome men)
I remember decades ago reading about how the Age of Empires games have a surprisingly large female audience.

There are plenty of women playing games. But they’re not interested in the “modern audiences” lame feminist shit.

Humdinger

Yes. The wiki article I quoted put it in more feminist terms, as you'd expect -- women are more interested in communication and relationships, men are more interested in violence, that sort of thing.

They mentioned a couple of exceptions. For instance, although most WRPGs are 75/25 male/female, Dragon Age Inquisition had about a 50/50 split.

Yes. The wiki article I quoted put it in more feminist terms, as you'd expect -- women are more interested in communication and relationships, men are more interested in violence, that sort of thing.

They mentioned a couple of exceptions. For instance, although most WRPGs are 75/25 male/female, Dragon Age Inquisition had about a 50/50 split.

Its interesting what had to be done to the Dragon Age franchise in order for it to appeal to women. Such a shame that Inquisition sold so poorly that it almost destroyed the entire franchise. The tale of that single game almost makes our arguments for us.

Last edited:

//DEVIL//

I didnt even finish 4 hours from Final Fantasy Rebirth but i am still gong to buy this day one just to show support.

Top Bottom