• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Piscatella: People planning to buy Stellar Blade in the US - 84% Male, 69% aged 30-44, 58% also have or intend to buy FFVII: Rebirth, 95% use YouTube

StereoVsn

That's fine. @Fbh has shown me the path to eternal youth....

129.jpg
I am saving this picture for my next hair salon visit! Perm is in again!

Rudius

Those numbers probably closely represent console AAA games in general: mostly adult men buying.

If we were to judge by the marketing we would think it's all trans-atlantic hexadecimal somethings buying games now.

It is not a surprise, it appeals mostly to the male audience, although the streamers I have seen really liked the game. I wonder if the percentage of women will increase after the launch.

FWIW I've seen a ton of female streamers playing the game and all of them seem to have been enjoying it.

So I reckon there'll be a nice turnout of women who pick up the game. Straight, lesbian, bi it wouldn't matter.

Though yeah, I still would expect most of the customers to be guys (and there's nothing inherently wrong with that). The game really does seem to tap into the vibe of some of the higher-production '90s anime OVAs which I'm sure the team were partially influenced by.

Like right off the bat I can get a taste of Plastic Little, Battle Angel Alita, Iria: Zeiram the Animation etc. Or even some Western stuff like Aeon Flux.

MarkMe2525

Probably already stated, but I imagine 95% of the people not buying this game use YouTube as well. What a weird stat

DrFigs

got a few more years before i fit that demo. but only a few :pie_worried:

edit: I meant the age one. I fit the others

Last edited:

Salz01

I don’t fit that demographic. I don’t intend to purchase.

Because ….. I purchased already. The most expensive version as well.

Bkdk

You can bet all the girls are hyped to cos as the stellar babes too, at least the asian ones will be. shift up is the hidden sugar daddy for so many girl cosers in asia, they have been making money off the various lovely designs by the shift up team, hyung tae kim brings usd new definition of how to be a chad and he knows how to pick a wife, that's his wife's work! Divorce rate is going to surge so high after men learning how a true loving wife should be!
4iDm1eW.jpg

I am part of those numbers proudly. Now the numbers I truly want to see are the following :
Percentage of Blue and Pink haired Reeeee weirdos screeching nonstop after seeing these numbers for the game. Percentage of SJW‘s yelling at the top of their lungs how these numbers depict the evil white men supporting this sexist type game. The percentage of far left modern feminists shrieking over, once again, the amount of patriarchal white men demanding and supporting this type of game. Last but not least the percentage of whack jobs in general who are screeching at the lack of diversity both race wise and sexually that are absent in SB. Those are numbers that would be quite compelling to some including myself. Isn’t the world a grand place?

Last edited:
Top Bottom