• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pizza Hut to start rebooting brand on Nov 19 - new logo, uniforms, menu, pizza box

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just had Pizza Hut for the first time in years. We drunkenly ordered a cheese and bacon stuffed crust pizza, based strictly on the concept alone.

It was garbage. The flavorless crust was inconsistently stuffed with the oddly textured cheese with bacon. The sauce could best be described as 'Campbell Soup" and the cheese as mozzarella-esque. The last time I had a stuffed crust pizza from "Hut" I was watching the O.J. Simpson coverage in my parents kitchen. It was terrible then, too.

ORDER LOCAL, PEOPLE!!!!

This is officially out now, right? Out of the proclaimed 2 billion combinations that are now possible, at least a few of them have to be earth-shatteringly great. That's just playing the odds, right?

I want to know those Pizza Hut custom hax!

Update. Here's their new "flavor sticks" added to the new menu:

http://www.grubgrade.com/2014/11/17/new-flavor-sticks-from-pizza-hut/

vARMLRt.jpg

$4.50 for five breadsticks.

Something tells me the lack of flavors wasn't the problem with breadsticks. It's that ridiculous price, Pizza Hut.

What a total shithole of a pizza place.
They should pull a dominos (if anything) and a knowledge their ingredients were crap, and the way forward was focused on improving them.

RevDM

Banned
Just ordered 2 med pizza x 3 toppings 5.99 each using this coupon code EEO2MD3T599

1: pretzel, OG sauce, salami, mushroom, onion
2. garlic, sriracha sauce, ham, pineapple, cherry pepper

Meier

I love Pizza Hut's pizza but haven't eaten it in years because it is too expensive. When you're charging $12 and your competitors (Dominos) are charging $6, it's an easy decision for me even if I like your pizza more. If I'm going to spend $12 on pizza, it'll be to get a bunch from Home Slice or one at the Alamo Drafthouse.. not from a national chain.

Just ordered 2 med pizza x 3 toppings 5.99 each using this coupon code EEO2MD3T599

1: pretzel, OG sauce, salami, mushroom, onion
2. garlic, sriracha sauce, ham, pineapple, cherry pepper

Thanks for the heads up.. I'll happily buy some at this price. Absolutely love cherry peppers so that will be a nice addition.

I love Pizza Hut's pizza but haven't eaten it in years because it is too expensive. When you're charging $12 and your competitors (Dominos) are charging $6, it's an easy decision for me even if I like your pizza more. If I'm going to spend $12 on pizza, it'll be to get a bunch from Home Slice or one at the Alamo Drafthouse.. not from a national chain.

Don't know how you get Dominos for $6, other than their own two medium pizzas for $6 deal that is pretty much the same as Pizza Hut is currently doing. They each near constantly have coupons for around $11 larges with as many toppings as you want (Dominos might have a soft max of 5, not sure exactly). Difference to me is when it comes to delivery: I somehow still have ShopRunner despite never subscribing and my trial running out a couple years ago, so Dominos is cheaper for me when I get delivery. Also, they're closer to my work.

I tried out the new stuff today though made my own. Forgot to take a picture beforehand but did take one before I put the leftovers away for tomorrow:

That's a large pan with crushed tomato sauce, honey sriracha drizzle, hut favorite crust topper, then meatballs, cherry peppers, bacon, mushrooms, and onions. It turned out really, really good, with a nice sweetness from the cherry peppers and drizzle that didn't taste like the pizza was drowned in sugar as my past experiences with Pizza Hut have been like. The bacon was a bit lost and it could probably do without it, and I suppose you could remove the mushrooms without losing anything if you don't like them. This is pretty much the best pizza I've ever had from Pizza Hut and I'll definitely repeat it again sometime. Even the girl at the store said it looked good.

RevDM

Banned
Don't know how you get Dominos for $6, other than their own two medium pizzas for $6 deal that is pretty much the same as Pizza Hut is currently doing. They each near constantly have coupons for around $11 larges with as many toppings as you want (Dominos might have a soft max of 5, not sure exactly). Difference to me is when it comes to delivery: I somehow still have ShopRunner despite never subscribing and my trial running out a couple years ago, so Dominos is cheaper for me when I get delivery. Also, they're closer to my work.

I tried out the new stuff today though made my own. Forgot to take a picture beforehand but did take one before I put the leftovers away for tomorrow:

That's a large pan with crushed tomato sauce, honey sriracha drizzle, hut favorite crust topper, then meatballs, cherry peppers, bacon, mushrooms, and onions. It turned out really, really good, with a nice sweetness from the cherry peppers and drizzle that didn't taste like the pizza was drowned in sugar as my past experiences with Pizza Hut have been like. The bacon was a bit lost and it could probably do without it, and I suppose you could remove the mushrooms without losing anything if you don't like them. This is pretty much the best pizza I've ever had from Pizza Hut and I'll definitely repeat it again sometime. Even the girl at the store said it looked good.

I didn't think about sweetness, am I going to regret ordering the sriracha as the actual sauce?

I didn't think about sweetness, am I going to regret ordering the sriracha as the actual sauce?

Hmm, I don't think it'll be that bad. The sriracha part balances out the sweetness, and I imagine when used as the sauce base they don't put it on as thick as normal tomato sauce. Report back with how it turns out!

RevDM

Banned
so the pretzel crust is just regular crust with large salt granules. new crusts still sucks, its too dense like eating a stack of tortillas.

siracha sauce good

Basically the only reason I'm ever so much as tempted to get Pizza Hut over Dominos is that Dominos has, for whatever inane reason, no stuffed crust option. Unless Pizza Hut's new menus is a significant step up, that's unlikely to change.

Unless you live in the middle of nowhere, there are always better options then these chain pizza restaurants.

I live in Cincinnati, and the chains are the only ones who deliver. Everything else is a half hour walk :(

Oh, and nobody's got a brick oven.

im not understanding the people who keep championing Dominos? its still way too overpriced for shitty chain pizza. not seeing how Dominos is superior to Pizza Hit at all. both are overpriced and are meh.

Hut was always my favorite shit pizza chain. They're just too expensive. With that said, most NY deli pizza spots are getting just as insane. Topping prices are getting out of hand. Would love to try some of those sauces though.

Celestia

I tried the Garden Party pizza minus the drizzle the other day out of curiosity. First time I've had their pizza in years and it was actually decent. They actually put a good amount of toppings on it which surprised me the most. Both Dominoes and Papa Johns completely skimp on the toppings the few times I've had them.

I don't think I'd give up Papa Murphy's for it, but I guess if you're in a hurry it's not too bad.

Nekofrog

Banned
got a large pizza with bbq sauce instead of tomato sauce, grilled chicken, and pretzel crust

the pretzel crust is better than little caesar's only because they don't cake the goddamn thing in salt making it inedible.

otherwise it was okay. less greasy than their pizza used to be.

Hut was always my favorite shit pizza chain. They're just too expensive. With that said, most NY deli pizza spots are getting just as insane. Topping prices are getting out of hand. Would love to try some of those sauces though.

Where do you live in NY where pizza is that cheap? In New Hampshire the local place has an 18 inch that costs 18.00 with extra cheese and pepperoni, so I am wholly unfamiliar with cheap pizza.

kehs

Banned
I just ordered a pizza from the hut.

Option overload, what the fuck, like 35 different bread sticks, 72 types of crust, and then they only have Mountain Dew, Pepsi, and Orange Drink(that's what it says on the fucking menu, with no picture of anything). Took me like fifteen minutes to order on line.

Also their site is garbage, horrible response in the UX.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I just ordered a pizza from the hut.

Option overload, what the fuck, like 35 different bread sticks, 72 types of crust, and then they only have Mountain Dew, Pepsi, and Orange Drink(that's what it says on the fucking menu, with no picture of anything). Took me like fifteen minutes to order on line.

Also their site is garbage, horrible response in the UX.

Their website is now a Bioware RPG, this is true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom