• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pizza Hut to start rebooting brand on Nov 19 - new logo, uniforms, menu, pizza box

Status
Not open for further replies.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
Smh they doing everything except for improving their basic pizza which is what they need. I eat them every few months then get sick afterwards. I don't know why I continue to do it though.

Wait, these assholes put mushrooms in the meatballs? What kind of Trojan horse bullshit is that? I could inadvertently make myself very ill because of stealth fungus.

Fuck you, Pizza Hutt.

Curious, you allergic to mushrooms or are you one of those
heathens
people who just hate them for no reason? Cause mushrooms rock, though I guess I can see that being a problem if you're allergic.

Hope one of those two tomato sauces is less sweet than their current sauce; the sweetness is one of the major reasons I prefer other places now, but I'm willing to try them again after this. Especially with mushroom-infused meatballs!

Trouble

Banned
Curious, you allergic to mushrooms or are you one of those
heathens
people who just hate them for no reason? Cause mushrooms rock, though I guess I can see that being a problem if you're allergic.

Hope one of those two tomato sauces is less sweet than their current sauce; the sweetness is one of the major reasons I prefer other places now, but I'm willing to try them again after this. Especially with mushroom-infused meatballs!

Short answer: Yes.

Long answer: No, I have a food intolerance to mushrooms.

The only item on their menu I like these days are the P'zones, and even those are a shadow of their former self. They used to be made with like a large pizza and came in like a 16'x10' box, and now they are made with a small at best and come in a box about the size of a pencil box.

kamakazi5

I'm in the minority but I really dislike Domino's since they changed their recipe and I've always loved Pizza Hut. I usually order from local pizza places nowadays but I still enjoy Pizza Hut occasionally.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
I don't really like Pizza Hut, because I really don't like its sauce.

I wonder if the new tomato one will be better.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I haven't had Pizza Hut since the 90's. With Dominos and Papa John's around there has been no need.

sphinx

the piano man
but can we agree that Pizza Hut in the 80's/early 90's was godly??

I remember going with my parents to a Pizza Hut in Houston, Texas and it was the most fucking ridiculously delicious pizza ever, I remember the day vividly, I couldn't believe my mouth.

Branduil

In this case, however, Pizza Hut is not changing its core recipe. Instead, it's adding many, many more choices.

LOL. The definition of lipstick on a pig.

Cherry peppers are delicious. I make them stuffed with cheese, and then roasted

StuffedCherryPeppers-TextWEB.jpg

That looks 10x more appetizing than anything Pizza Hut currently offers.

Nikodemos

Haven't bought a Pizza Hut pie recently; I remember their stuff to be relatively decent, however the beef cubes had a slightly greasy aftertaste.

Around here Pizza Hut has placed itself as a sit-down soft-lit diner. It doesn't have much competition in this area, unlike to-go places. I see them pretty packed, especially during lunch break or late-afternoon/evening. They have a lot of special offers (Monday 1+1, lunch menus, dinner menus, student discount etc.). They seem to be doing pretty well, though they've kept expansion (new locations) to a minimum.

Anyway, I suspect this new push is a test; after a certain period the less-popular options will be quietly removed from the menu.

Robin64

Pizza Hut's sales are low because their pizza quality is low, even compared to other pizza chains. (Certainly here in the UK, anyway)

FyreWulff

Are they ever going to remodel all their restaurants? Nobody wants to go there anymore because it's like stepping back into 1995.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
but can we agree that Pizza Hut in the 80's/early 90's was godly??

I remember going with my parents to a Pizza Hut in Houston, Texas and it was the most fucking ridiculously delicious pizza ever, I remember the day vividly, I couldn't believe my mouth.
Can we agree that all kids or youth love pizza?

I got took my son to Pizza Hut for his bday and he loved it.

OneEightZero

aka ThreeOneFour
None of this will mean shit if they can't be competitive with their prices. Throwing more frozen shit at the problem won't help when their (frozen) competition is out pacing their cost.

I remember ordering one about 3 years ago from a friend's place (she was the one placing the order) and for a large pizza with pepp, onion, mushroom, green pepper and olives, it was like 16 bucks and not all that great. For $4 more, I could have gotten a local pizza.

They are not terrible, but it hard to go back when you have some pretty decent local places.

Edit: From what i have read here, it does seem like prices have come down in the recent years... kinda?

Kusagari

The main problem is their pizza sucks, not any of this other stuff.

Look at Dominos. They're having the success they've had in recent years because they improved their pizza.

Philia

I personally love Pizza Hut's pizza. Most specifically their original sauce. As long as the recipe on that doesn't change, everything else is peachy.

So that explains the rennovatins to the local chains here in Taipei. This rebranding already seems to be taking place in Taiwan now.

So I had the new BBQ chicken pizza, which comes with onions (which I opted not to have), chicken, various cheeses, and a BBQ sauce drizzle. It's also supposed to come with a toasted cheese crust but I asked to try the pretzel crust instead. This is just the end crust and not the entire crust of the pizza. The whole thing was a bit doughier and more pillowy than I imagined, but that wasn't a bad thing. For delivery pizza, I'd say it was pretty tasty actually, a solid 8.5/10. Not a superlative pie, but still very tasty by fast food standards. The chicken was solid quality and plentiful, the cheeses pleasing without being overly greasy, and the pretzel crust was quite delicious, an excellent juxtaposition of saltiness to the sweetness of the BBQ drizzle.

Please excuse the iffy quality iPod Touch pic:

Mmm, lovely.How nice was it in comparison to your average Pizza Hut pizza before the dark and gritty reboot?

Holy_Chic

Banned
eh...its still basically garbage laced with GMO produce and processed ingredients. if people really want excess carbs, make your own pizza or at least get it from whole foods or an organic retailer.

The Pizza Huts here in China are almost like fancy restaurants. It is weird. Of course they feature weird pizzas. They're not so bad, actually.

maxcriden

Mmm, lovely.How nice was it in comparison to your average Pizza Hut pizza before the dark and gritty reboot?

I thought it was moderately better than your typical Pizza Hut 'za. I'll probably freeze the second half of the pie, though, as it's a bit on the unhealthy side.

I can't believe people are saying Domino's is better then Pizza Hut. Pizza Hut is mediocre at best, but Domino's is almost inedible.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I can't believe people are saying Domino's is better then Pizza Hut. Pizza Hut is mediocre at best, but Domino's is almost inedible.

Dominos in Australia is pretty good.

Though there's not much choice in Australia when it comes to pizza chains.

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member

Have you had Dominos since they did that rebranding awhile back?Domino is way better than Pizza Hut now.

I thought it was moderately better than your typical Pizza Hut 'za. I'll probably freeze the second half of the pie, though, as it's a bit on the unhealthy side.

... Oh. So it feels heavy instead of... Light? If that makes any sense, eheh.

Well, either way, I actually can't wait, for once.

Jarnet87

Smh they doing everything except for improving their basic pizza which is what they need. I eat them every few months then get sick afterwards. I don't know why I continue to do it though.

yep lol. me and some friends order it once a year during the NFL Draft. We know it's horrible but once a year it's worth the lawls. They need to go back and start from scratch instead of just throwing on more options to their crap pizza. Once in a blue moon I'll order their pan pizza when there is a deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom