• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pizza Hut to start rebooting brand on Nov 19 - new logo, uniforms, menu, pizza box

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sevarus

I worked as a cook at a Pizza Hut for a while. I'm trying to wrap my head around how they could possibly fit all those extra sauces and toppings in the area where the pizzas are prepped.

Had no clue, my local place had these options on the menu when I ordered last week. Can't say I was impressed lol. Tried the spinach which was just... placed on the pizza not cooked in which I guess was the point. The sauce options was more like oil, but had a decent taste... Was ok I guess but could get something better for sure.

Guess Who

Banned
I am convinced there is literally no subject more divisive than the rankings of chain pizza. No other subject in all of politics, religion, or fast food has such a wide range of opinions.

That said, Domino's is the best, but Papa John's Parmesan breadsticks are godly.

Feel sorry for folks who don't live within delivery range from a decent local place.

I would like to see a comparison study between frozen pizzas and chain pizzas sales, because for the past while I would choose a decent frozen pizza at half/third the price of a manufactured tasting chain pizza. A local pizza I'll pay that much, not for a chain unless it's a great deal, like papa johns rolling out b1g1s regularly.

Too bad the pizza around here is underwhelming and I don't care to spend $20 for one that's pretty much on par or worse than my nearest Pizza Hut.

I hope they're buying those restaurants an extra fridge/freezer. They redid their site a few months ago and it kinda sorta sucks. Topped off by their "fixing" the $10 coupon code from stacking with deals kind of making it almost as pointless as every e-mail deal they put out.

Sounds like a headache for the people that own/work at Pizza Huts.

New uniforms, renovations, ordering menus, more toppings/add-ons that have to be purchased each week.

Is lack of variety really the problem? 8 times out of 10 the people ordering pizzas are getting the standard stuff (cheese, pepperoni, supreme, meat-lover, etc). This just looks like a lot of bloat.
Oh and they're not even changing the core recipe. SMH

Sevarus

Imagine everything tinier and crammed into the same space. Pretty much that.

Jeeeez. I was around back when they had the "fancy" little pizzas with the different sauce and cheese, and that was bad enough. How are these different crusts being stored? I worked at a little carry-out only place, and our fridge was packed with pan and hand-tossed. I can't imagine fitting more flavors in there... unless it's just something that you add to the dough as you assemble the pizza?

LOL, just thinking about the higher potential for screwups all these new toppings and options will cause...
More food for the lazy drivers to eat

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Update. Here's their new "flavor sticks" added to the new menu:

http://www.grubgrade.com/2014/11/17/new-flavor-sticks-from-pizza-hut/

The Pizza Hut menu makeover happens nationwide on Wednesday, but Justin’s local Pizza Hut in Nashville, TN has Flavor Sticks on the menu now. Since there are a bunch of new flavored crust choices with the upcoming menu change, it’s not surprising to see the bread sticks get the treatment too.

vARMLRt.jpg

kulapik

They also got youtubers to make pizzas. There's one by Rooster Teeth, one by ijustine, other by one called Andrea that I've never heard of, and other two I don't know.

Maaan, I used to love me some Pizza Hut. Like LOVE it. I ordered a stuffed crust pizza recently and...I dunno if I just got a crappy pizza or what, but it was pretty bad. I will give them a shot if this is a big change a la Dominos.

So, all you pizza slobs, name a better alternative with stuffed crust. Can you?!!!

Where do you live?

Flavor sticks sounds so weird...like it doesn't even sounds like food. I'll probably give new Pizza Hut a shot though. I did after Domino's redid their pizza and I have 0 regrets.

Konka

Banned
All this superfluous crap and I bet I still can't get a whole wheat crust if I wanted one.

Pass.

Why would you expect a whole wheat crust from a fast food restaurant? Moreover, why would you ever want a whole wheat crust on a pizza in the first place.

Kimosabae

Banned
Whole wheat crust is definitely a thing and makes eating pizza much less destructive for most people. Papa Johns did for a short while, but they stopped, because no one ordered it. There's a mom and pop place not far from where I live that does it, and I order pizza from them and only them about once a year.

BossLackey

Gold Member
- Old Fashioned Meatbrawl
- Cock-A-Doodle Bacon
- Giddy-Up BBQ Chicken

...those are some of the worst names for anything I've ever heard. Wow.

Konka

Banned
Whole wheat crust is definitely a thing and makes eating pizza much less destructive for most people. Papa Johns did for a short while, but they stopped, because no one ordered it. There's a mom and pop place not far from where I live that does it, and I order pizza from them and only them about once a year.

And it also doesn't work nearly as well for a pizza crust due to the density. Look, I eat whole wheat bread for my sandwiches I make but I'm not doing to try to make pizza healthy when the unhealthiness is what makes it what it is. If I want to eat something healthy I won't eat pizza.

Kimosabae

Banned
...or you can do your thing and I'll eat a healthier pizza??

That probably pisses you off doesn't it? Taste can be so infuriating.

So you order pizza once a year, yet you expect pizza chains to cater to your niche personal preference?

Bizazedo

I can't believe people are saying Domino's is better then Pizza Hut. Pizza Hut is mediocre at best, but Domino's is almost inedible.

Dominos is pure crack now. I can't stop eating it even when I'm completely full. It's the best.
This. Dominos is straight up crack for me now, as well. I can easily wreck a large and still want more.

I literally lick my fingers after touching their crust. It's so, so good.

Mine had a Galaga machine, a Strikers 1945 cab and a 4-Slot NeoGeo Big Red cab. Good times.

Contra, here.

just dont change the breadsticks and we will be ok

Agree w/this.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
You have to really try hard to come up with a less appetizing sounding food product (that actually makes it to market) than "Flavor Sticks."

Coolluck

Pizza Hut needs to up the quality of their pizza again. Around the mid-2000s they made a change for the worse. It used to be my favorite and now I can't stand it and will even prefer Little Caesars to it. This re-branding is missing the point entirely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom