• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Planet of Lana Review Thread (Xbox, PC, Game Pass)

analog_future

Resident Crybaby
52916925979_9fe12e15c1_z.jpg

PoL_Gif_01_v62.gif

OpenCritic - 84

GamesRader+ - 4.5/5 - "A beautiful adventure full of mystery, suspense, and charm"
God is a Geek - 9/10 - "Planet of Lana is a wonderful puzzler with visuals that will leave you in awe, along with a stunning soundtrack and plenty of challenges."
Press Start - 8.5/10 - "Planet of Lana is a profoundly moving title that couples its clever, companion-driven puzzle-solving with an irresistibly gorgeous presentation to create what is, so far, the year’s prettiest, heartrending indie."
Game Informer - 7.8/10 - "While I would have liked gameplay to have more bite and variety, Planet of Lana is still an enjoyable and beautiful romp."

Sounds like a big win for the debut title from Wishfully Studios. Day one on Game Pass as well. Out tomorrow!

Last edited:

analog_future

Resident Crybaby
I know nothing about this, but guessing it's an emotionally impactful indie game with a lot of walking, built on Unreal?

From the official website:

"Planet of Lana is a cinematic puzzle adventure framed by an epic sci-fi saga that stretches across centuries and galaxies."

Roberts

Played for an hour. It might be developers’ first game but it is so damn confident - music (sountrack of the year?), visuals, sound, puzzles and the overall presentation is top class. Gameplay is familiar to anyone who has played Inside, Little Nightmares, etc so don’t expect anything groundbreaking, but that’s not a bad thing. Love it so far.

near

Gold Member
I don't really want to read any reviews, so I'll ask here if anyone knows. How long is this game? Is this akin to Inside/Limbo in terms of puzzles and narrative presentation?

Luipadre

Played for an hour. It might be developers’ first game but it is so damn confident - music (sountrack of the year?), visuals, sound, puzzles and the overall presentation is top class. Gameplay is familiar to anyone who has played Inside, Little Nightmares, etc so don’t expect anything groundbreaking, but that’s not a bad thing. Love it so far.

how are the puzzles? I hope its light puzzles and not some 5Head shit :D Game looks great, might gonna play it

reksveks

I don't really want to read any reviews, so I'll ask here if anyone knows. How long is this game? Is this akin to Inside/Limbo in terms of puzzles and narrative presentation?
4-6, there is some collectibles and yeah like those two but maybe slightly less complex.

nikos

Played for 15-20 minutes and it's off to a great start. Looks great at 5760x2400 ultrawide. I may try it on my super ultrawide later.

Gambit2483

Wait I thought they said all games on gamepass are bad? I mean developers, the second they decide to put a game on gamepass throw in the towel, right? How can this be????
I don't think anyone ever said that...🤔
I mean everyone agrees Hi-fi Rush is a good-great game.

The game has a very beautiful artstyle though. Will definitely be playing this at some point

Bartski

Gold Member
Done.

Surprisingly good execution of the idea and manages to tell a story with such means of expression that doesn't need ambiguity to be interesting.
May not be reaching Playdead levels of excellence but comes together really well with beautiful art and audio.
Great get for game pass definitely worth checking.

bender

What time is it?
I'm two achievements in. Initial impressions is that is Limbo/Inside with a different art direction.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Nice! I was looking forward to it.

Question: Does this game have combat? I'm going in blind so I haven't and don't want to watch any reviews. Just need to know this, however.

analog_future

Resident Crybaby
Nice! I was looking forward to it.

Question: Does this game have combat? I'm going in blind so I haven't and don't want to watch any reviews. Just need to know this, however.

As I said above, I'm about an hour in and there hasn't been any combat thus far. Not sure about the rest of the game as I'm going in mostly blind as well.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
I don't think anyone ever said that...🤔
I mean everyone agrees Hi-fi Rush is a good-great game.

The game has a very beautiful artstyle though. Will definitely be playing this at some point

Unfortunately there is a whole group of annoying people running around saying all kinds of crap in that regard, despite the absence of any kind of rear data to support the theory.

Top Bottom