• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlatinumGames Community Thread | Platinum maintains its luster forever

Best Platinum boss fight?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Lernaean

Banned
If i hadn't already chosen family over career i'd apply to be honest, but i already think i work so much it's unhealthy. Working in production would ruin my life.
Good luck to all the younglings applying though :)

Akiller

PG Inside: Atsushi Inaba & Hideki Kamiya (Pt. 1)
PG inside: Atsushi Inaba & Hideki Kamiya (PT. 2)

Very interesting reading and wise words from Kamiya:
If we as creators start deciding right off the bat that something is impossible, we will never be able to make anything. Imagine a game designer who is told by his artists and programmers that what he`s asking is impossible. It`s not like he can do those things himself; he`s finished. Good designers and programmers don`t let it end with “impossible.”

I think I`ve broken everyone`s bad habits, but in the past it was rampant. I`d ask them to do something for me, and they`d come back saying “Is this okay?” I`d reply: “Don’t ask me what’s okay, show me what you think is okay!”

Nemmy

That was a really great read.

It's sad to think that what Kamiya calls "bad habits" is the expected behaviour in many companies. Don't offer your own solutions, just follow what the boss tells you to a T.

Platinum is the best company ever confirmed.

I guess I should have expected it, but they use a black-background color palette for programming like I do. I don't understand how anyone, including most of my coworkers, can stand to program on a white background for hours on end.

Also, it's been so many years since I programmed in C++ that the class::method notation didn't feel instantly familiar, yikes. :/

The interview felt so familiar, heh. I feel and remember the same about the 8 and 16-bit era, which is why I connect so easily with their games and not most other (AAA) modern games.

Akiller

74f62b59b1.jpg

Don't play with my heart P*

Akiller

Hashimoto reiterates interest in continuing the Bayonetta franchise

Bayonetta 2 director Yusuke Hashimoto has once again expressed interest in returning to the series for another game. That news comes from the latest issue of GamesMaster, which features a brief interview with Hashimoto.

In one question, GamesMaster asks about game sequels he’d like to work on. Hashimoto pointed to Bayonetta and how he’d like to create Bayonetta 3 – or even a spin-off.

Hashimoto said:

" A sequel to a Platinum title… I’d have to say Bayonetta 3. I have all kinds of ideas in my head for how to expand the world of Bayonetta in even more sequels, or maybe a spin-off!"

This isn’t the first time Hashimoto has talked about making another Bayonetta-related title. Last June, before Bayonetta 2 even hit store shelves, he spoke about a desire to continue “nurturing” the IP. We’ve also heard from Hideki Kamiya (the director of Bayonetta 1) about wanting to make a spin-off for 3DS featuring Jeanne.

dc74aa41a6.jpg

Ushiwaka

Well, we are getting closer to the third month of the year and still no news on those Bayonetta announcements PG talked about. In my opinion, its too late for it to be a DLC for Bayo 2. It seem weird that they release a DLC for a game more than 6 month after release.

Kind of a slow year news-wise for PG. I'm starvin' for ANY kind of update on ANYTHING Platinum related :/

Golnei

Well, we are getting closer to the third month of the year and still no news on those Bayonetta announcements PG talked about. In my opinion, its too late for it to be a DLC for Bayo 2. It seem weird that they release a DLC for a game more than 6 month after release.

Kind of a slow year news-wise for PG. I'm starvin' for ANY kind of update on ANYTHING Platinum related :/

At least we got the infamous '2' acknowledged officially, which leads me to think they're waiting for MGSV's release before revealing Rising's sequel. And Scalebound will definitely be shown in some substantial capacity before the end of the year.

I'm not sure what the 'new Bayonetta announcements' could possibly be. It seems far too early for a sequel, and as you said, it's too late for any DLC. Perhaps there'll be a figure or something announced during the year.

Ushiwaka

At least we got the infamous '2' acknowledged officially, which leads me to think they're waiting for MGSV's release before revealing Rising's sequel. And Scalebound will definitely be shown in some substantial capacity before the end of the year.

I'm not sure what the 'new Bayonetta announcements' could possibly be. It seems far too early for a sequel, and as you said, it's too late for any DLC. Perhaps there'll be a figure or something announced during the year.

Yeah they are definitely teasing us with that "2". I like it though, these stuff are part of the Metal Gear fun :D

Kamiya said something about a Spin-off the other day on twitter. Maybe a handheld game. A handheld Bayo seems kinda cool. It's probably gonna be a side-scrolling or something, I don't think a handheld can stand an action game with the scale of Bayo series. Dunno how to feel about that.

Golnei

Kamiya said something about a Spin-off the other day on twitter. Maybe a handheld game. A handheld Bayo seems kinda cool. It's probably gonna be a side-scrolling or something, I don't think a handheld can stand an action game with the scale of Bayo series. Dunno how to feel about that.

Kid Icarus managed to be decently readable on the original 3DS screen; and any hypothetical non-console Bayonetta spinoff would probably be going to either mobile (if it's a card game), the 3DS' successor (which may be closer to the Wii U in terms of hardware, and could hypothetically run B1/2 ports and a new game using the same engine) or both (if it's a rhythm game). Though the latter might not be such a bad idea if it included all the games they've worked on, considering Platinum's consistently strong soundtracks. Such a shame that the licensing would be an unnavigable mess, seeing as Nintendo, Sega, Microsoft and Konami would all have to be involved.

How is it "too late" for Bayonetta 2 DLC? It's only been a few months. They've probably been busy developing it.

It's been out for almost 7 months - if any additional content was being developed, how likely is it that there wouldn't have been so much as an announcement in that time?

Golnei

Dunno if you guys are into this sort of thing but been playing the first game recently again and having a blast, so couldn't resist doing some fanart:

It looks great, but I can't help but be reminded of something...

Also, speaking of which, I quite like a few of the fanmade Lumen Sage uniform designs. If we ever see some sages that aren't Father Balder,
Daddy Balder
or the Lumen Elder, designs like these wouldn't be out of place.

Especially if they decide to put more focus on the non-European aspect of the game's universe; which has already been established but given very little screentime. That history teacher spinoff Kamiya brought up a while back would be woefully incomplete without being able to play as Cleopatra.

Ushiwaka

Dunno if you guys are into this sort of thing but been playing the first game recently again and having a blast, so couldn't resist doing some fanart:

WOW! Its awesome! :D

Especially if they decide to put more focus on the non-European aspect of the game's universe; which has already been established but given very little screentime. That history teacher spinoff Kamiya brought up a while back would be woefully incomplete without being able to play as Cleopatra.

The "witches around the world" thing is really cool. If Bayonetta wasn't such an iconic character, I could be totally OK with playing as other witches. Still, its a story element that can be explored much more in the future.

I don't care for Okami... Sorry

Yeah Okami isn't good

OOvKF3b.gif

Arzehn

I'm just going to ruin the joke by pointing out that Kamiya says this sort of thing to just about everybody who asks questions like that. That, or he blocks them.

Oh ! Well now I'm disappointed.

Just saw his Japanese tweets where he always says the same thing... whoops. :(

My problem with it is that it's too long and doesn't feel like I'm making any progression. It's probably the most unnecessarily long game I've ever played. The thought of people replaying it in it's entirety is incredible to me.

Regiruler

I haven't even finished okami yet but assuming
Orochi is a sizable third into the game
you must have never played a jrpg ever.

Top Bottom