• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlatinumGames Community Thread | Platinum maintains its luster forever

Best Platinum boss fight?

Results are only viewable after voting.
I think Okami is a pretty cool game, but it's definitely kind of flawed (and almost definitely Kamiya's weakest game). I'm not going to damn the game for it being easy - but I think that when you have as much combat as Okami does, that combat needs to at least be faster, or at least maybe somewhat more challenging. As it is, fighting enemies at the end of the game is no more complex than fighting enemies at the start of the game, and in a lot of cases it feels like you just have to wait around for certain enemies to drop their guard or get out of some invincible animation - there are a ton of enemies that you can't just blitz on your own terms.

Also the game really goes out of its way to treat the player like a child. Issun is likable a lot of the time but it's annoying just how much he repeats himself and points out things you just got through hearing from some other NPC - he's like Fi from Skyward Sword if she had a personality.

And yeah, the Orochi fight shouldn't have been repeated as-is. It's a fun fight the first time you play it, but it's too long for something you have to do three times with (essentially) no changes. Not as big of an issue as my other complaints but it's still kind of lame.

Akiller

7d0d36855a.png

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
I don't think it would have any bearing on MGR2 unless it's early on enough to be viably cancelled if they were considering axing the MGS series.

Golnei

Well... There it is.

I hope MGR2 doesn't get cancelled mid-development, like Bayo 2. :(

With Konami jettisoning all console development, it's almost definitely cancelled.
And we were so close to a sequel...

tumblr_nesfs9Y6nx1s3f5d6o2_400.gif

Seeing as they were actively teasing it only a while ago, there's a chance it'd be in a state where cancellation could prove more troublesome than letting development run its course, albeit with a slashed budget / reduced marketing.

Hopefully. (Though even in that case I wouldn't ever expect a third.)

Ushiwaka

With Konami jettisoning all console development, it's almost definitely cancelled.

Seeing as they were actively teasing it only a while ago, there's a chance it'd be in a state where cancellation could prove more troublesome than letting development run its course, albeit with a slashed budget / reduced marketing.

I just hope MGR was successful enough to guarantee a sequel with or without Kojima. Although, without Kojima's shenanigans, I don't know if it will be the same. I was expecting a P.T-like reveal or sth... guess that will never happen :(

Ushiwaka

With all these remasters going on, I would love to see a Bayo 1 remaster on PS4/X1. I'm down for anything to inform SEGA. Twitter campaign, petition, anything. I know there aren't any legal issue with Nintendo on the way of it happening cause Sony put Bayo 1 on a sale on PSN the same week Bayo 1&2 released on Wii U, so I think Bayo 1 is clear of any legal difficulties regarding the second game being a Wii U exclusive. They can do it digital only and I wouldn't care. Just let me play Bayo on my PS4 goddamnit ;___;

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews

Well I'm staying hopeful on the basis that Konami will certainly try to keep Metal Gear around after Kojima's departure. The fact that they can count on PG who already produced a Metal Gear game on a short time frame and with reasonable commercial success should give them an advantage. *crosses finger*

Akiller

It made sense, but it's nice to have confirmation.

tumblr_nlyd03CNTV1u47zepo1_1280.png

Didn't remember about Antonio Redgrave(just checked about) so there's this "Devil May Cry Volume 1" novel which talks about Dante using "Tony Redgrave"(a journalist he knew and respected) as a different persona. Is it canon?Kamiya worked on that.

I mean, i am sure Bayonetta and Dante's world are the same so this would be just another confirmation.

Didn't remember about Antonio Redgrave(just checked about) so there's this "Devil May Cry Volume 1" novel which talks about Dante using "Tony Redgrave"(a journalist he knew and respected) as a different persona. Is it canon?Kamiya worked on that.

I mean, i am sure Bayonetta and Dante's world are the same so this would be just another confirmation.

I believe it is as canon as two works that now belong to two entirely different copyright owners can be.

nintendo and platinum are my new enemies now. http://www.starfox-horizons.com/

how dare

April's Fools, I assume? Probably a fan-made site, doubt that Nintendo or Platinum have anything to do with it if it's fake.

Of course, if it's real, that's some colossally unfortunate timing. :D

Ushiwaka

#whensmgr2

After Kojima leaves Konami, he no longer has any control over any Metal Gear game, therefore, Konami fucks everyone over, and gives MGR2 to a shitty studio to make it an First person shooter so it could sell more. MGR2 will feature a typical modern shooter story with typical modern shooter characters. You can enjoy all the auto healing and hand holding. Music will also be shit.

Oh, and It will be an annual release, so Konami can enjoy all the money.

I thought this bump would be about the Playstation Flash sale, lol. Theres 3 platinum games on sale this weekend on the NA PSN.

Anarchy Reigns: 5$
Bayonetta (lol): 8$
Metal Gear Rising Ultimate: 12$

I will probably get Anarchy Reigns because it's the only Platinum game I haven't played yet. It can't be worse than Korra and I paid 3x as much for that!

Ezalc

I thought this bump would be about the Playstation Flash sale, lol. Theres 3 platinum games on sale this weekend on the NA PSN.

Anarchy Reigns: 5$
Bayonetta (lol): 8$
Metal Gear Rising Ultimate: 12$

I will probably get Anarchy Reigns because it's the only Platinum game I haven't played yet. It can't be worse than Korra and I paid 3x as much for that!

Damn, I've been thinking about getting anarchy reigns but the no local multiplayer always discourages me.

Anarchy Reigns is still solid as a single-player game. I do think it's Platinum's weakest game in that regard aside from Madworld (although AR is far better than that game) - but honestly, for $5 I think it's absolutely worth playing even if all you ever do is play the campaigns.

Top Bottom