• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 4 Sales Surpass 7.0 Million Units (April 6th), 20.5M Software (April 13)

iceatcs

Boxes sure are moving. I guess they wanted to get out infront of the NPD / titanfall bump tomorrow.

Well, they did the same last month with 6 millions and came top with Feb NPD.

But with that timing quite close. I think you might be right especially with Titanfall month.

zeelman

dream.jpg

So people are getting bored of making stupid Xbone hardware comparisons so now we get pointless WiiU jokes instead?

I guess everybody forgot about the PS2.

Salex_

So people are getting bored of making stupid Xbone hardware comparisons so now we get pointless WiiU jokes instead?

If you followed the quote, he was using the "Let him dream" part. He just was too lazy to crop the picture.
There's no need to be so defensive.

Trago

Do they really need to catch up? MS will do good enough.

In a way, yes. From my perspective, it's fun seeing all of them trying to one up each other.

Like a metaphoric game of chess, but with three players, or four if we want to count valve.

Lunar15

This is going to be taken the wrong way, but seriously: Why? Why are people buying PS4's? It's a serious question. There's not that many games on it, and there don't appear to be many coming in the near future. So what's the draw? Is it the relative price? Is it just wanting to own the future?

I'm purely curious, I've got no stock in fanboy hogwash.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Wow! Grats Sony!

a5s916a6ufxe9dtwuv5y.gif
I need to buy this game now. What's the name of it.

This is going to be taken the wrong way, but seriously: Why? Why are people buying PS4's? It's a serious question. There's not that many games on it, and there don't appear to be many coming in the near future. So what's the draw? Is it the relative price? Is it just wanting to own the future?

Potential. Some of the most awesome GOTY games have come out on ps3 only. I'm buying a ps4 for uncharted 4 every other game is just gravy for me.

ethomaz

Banned

It is best and biggest library in a console launch... already over 50 games released.

It just the games are there to be played.

BigDug13

Forgot what? That it was the most powerful when it came out and was only bested when newer consoles came out a year later? I loved my OG Xbox and all that, but let's not pretend that the PS2 was some weakling game system. Its competition at the time was Dreamcast.

It actually has all the big games people care about, that usually look much better than last gen versions.

Dragon

Banned

Well it's like this. Ramus is the PS4. No one knows why they buy from that fat bastard, but he's "a good salesman". That weird boss on the ship right after Ramus says eff you Lunar is the Xbox One. It's obese, it's fat, it makes Ramus look like he's counting calories. And goddamn it goes down worse than the Titanic.

Edit: I may be misremembering Lunar Silver Star, Ramus may still be in the party for this boss, but fuck the PS4 is still owning the XB1.

Probably since it has been a longer than usual generation.

Delio

In a way, yes. From my perspective, it's fun seeing all of them trying to one up each other.

Like a metaphoric game of chess, but with three players, or four if we want to count valve.

Well tbh most people just count two of them lol. But I get what you are saying.

jayu26

The bold part is incorrect and that's why you are so perplexed.

The library is huge.

All future 3rd party multiplat games will run and look better, It's cheaper, it's cheaper.. Oh and it's cheaper

Pimpwerx

Plenty of us have PS4 backlogs already. Maybe you don't like them, but there are plenty of games to play. The release schedule is about to get hectic. April and May are gonna kill my wallet. PEACE.

BigDug13

What the other option? Do 1-3 great exclusive games on the competing console with nearly all other games being the same but performing worse somehow make that a more attractive system? Or are you on the Wii-U wagon which can't seem to get the most popular multiplatform titles to come out on it, and if they are they're missing things like multiplayer or DLC?

Or are you simply asking why anyone is buying next gen at all?

What baffles me with these numbers is most people I know are still waiting. We are all getting PS4's but a lot of them are still playing 3ds and PS3 right now. Granted that's just a small sample but I can see these numbers going crazy this fall.

A_Gorilla

Banned

Its because contrary to hardcore gamers' assertions, people can and will buy new systems for multiplats.

Top Bottom