• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 5 [OT] Taking Over The World One SSD At A Time

Aggelos

Shinji Mikami goes for Unreal Engine 4 with his PS5 title. Well the graphics might look like a game running on Xbox One X , but Mikami's Tango Gameworks is a small dev studio, mind you. Meaning that creating state-of-the-art graphics is not within the bounds of possibility to them, even if it is a PS5 game we're talking about.
Remember the Evil Within 1 & 2 after all, they weren't technical masterpieces that were meant to be extolled unanimously within the VG industry - instead they were games with good presentations and that's that.

image_ghostwire_tokyo-42175-4271_0001.jpg

image_ghostwire_tokyo-42174-4271_0001.jpg

image_ghostwire_tokyo-42174-4271_0002.jpg

image_ghostwire_tokyo-42174-4271_0003.jpg

image_ghostwire_tokyo-42174-4271_0004.jpg

Last edited:

kensama

Shinji Mikami goes for Unreal Engine 4 with his PS5 title. Well the graphics might look like a game running on Xbox One X , but Mikami's Tango Gameworks is a small dev studio, mind you. Meaning that creating state-of-the-art graphics is not within the bounds of possibility to them, even if it is a PS5 game we're talking about.
Remember the Evil Within 1 & 2 after all, they weren't technical masterpieces that were meant to be extolled unanimously within the VG industry - instead they were games with good presentations and that's that.

That's impressive for an engine not thought for next gen through and considering that japanese developer have more difficulties to deliver cutting edge production globally.

Last edited:
Due the PlayStation 5 has talking too much about SSD like SSD this and SSD that.... how about we do more occult level thinking.....like in bloodborne

"We are born of the SSD, made men by the SSD, undone by the SSD. Our eyes are yet to open. Fear the New SSD"

Nice PS5 thread by the way...

Rolla

Banned
To my playstation gamers who use Mid - High end headphones

What are your plans for PS5???

I use a decent pair of Astro but with the PS5 new audio design particularly everything is now obsolete in terms of headsets to enhance PS5's audio solution. Sure, our current gen headsets will "work" but that audio fidelity is most likely off kilter since nothing on the market has been built for PS5 except for Sony base (pulse) launch headset.

Bryank75

Banned

I use a decent pair of Astro but with the PS5 new audio design particularly everything is now obsolete in terms of headsets to enhance PS5's audio solution. Sure, our current gen headsets will "work" but that audio fidelity is most likely off kilter since nothing on the market has been built for PS5 except for Sony base (pulse) launch headset.
I'm getting the new 3d PlayStation headphones at launch. Unless something better appears...

0kjYMYu.jpg

I guess we will hear about Astro sets for PS5 closer to launch?

Last edited:

DrDamn

I'm getting the new 3d PlayStation headphones at launch. Unless something better appears...

0kjYMYu.jpg

Same here. I'm hoping they work fine with just my TV too - it supports a Bluetooth connection. Want to replace my ageing Turtle Beach X41s.

33785941-2-1333-OVR-1.jpg

I currently am using some Sennheiser Momentums. They provided really good sound quality but unfortunately the are not wireless. My plan for the PS5 is to get that new Pulse 3D headset for a wireless 3D audio experience.

xacto

You only need a pair of healthy eyes to see that PS5 is a massive generational leap... and a 4K screen.

I will need a good 4K monitor, or I will miss some of the good stuff. No, not a TV, I don't like to play on TV, never did, never will, but a monitor.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
I will need a good 4K monitor, or I will miss some of the good stuff. No, not a TV, I don't like to play on TV, never did, never will, but a monitor.

Well, I would suggest waiting more, the first monitor I saw coming with HDMI 2.1 is actually 8-bit. Overall monitors are inferior when it comes to picture quality, and barely better in input lag if not worse in native 4K. It's like may more to get less.

xacto

Well, I would suggest waiting more, the first monitor I saw coming with HDMI 2.1 is actually 8-bit. Overall monitors are inferior when it comes to picture quality, and barely better in input lag if not worse in native 4K. It's like may more to get less.

Indeed, most seem to still be HDMI 2.0, so I will wait some.

xacto

Not that really, the HDMI 2.1 ones are using 8-bit, shitty panels. It's a waste of money if you ask me as we are close to 12-bit panels with QNED by next year.

Ok, but wait a second, I might have missed that lesson, what's it with 2.1 vs 2.0 in 4K for PS5? What's the added benefit?

Bryank75

Banned
I'm interested to hear what games people feel PlayStation is missing?
Or if PlayStation should have an exclusive version / take on a multiplatform game...

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Ok, but wait a second, I might have missed that lesson, what's it with 2.1 vs 2.0 in 4K for PS5? What's the added benefit?

4K@120Hz, even if the game won't hit 120fps, could as well be used for 30fps gaming, but no solid info so far. At that rate, you still have 10-bit and Dolby Vision HDR, plus VRR indeed. It's not a necessity, but added to the experience, like those people bitching about monitors having superior input lags now with HDMI 2.1 they need to calm down those massive tv's provide relatively competitive input lags comparable to the tiny monitors yet extremely superior image and HDR quality.

xacto

Or if PlayStation should have an exclusive version / take on a multiplatform game...

I would really like to see an online RPG designed from the ground up for the console, specifically for the next generation. I really keep thinking way back, from the days I was playing World of Warcraft; I was mainly playing it in single player "mode", there was so much to explore and so many quests, I would never get bored.

Right now, on PS4, the selection is pretty limited - unless you're into Final Fantasy which is the most accessible on the console. I wouldn't like WoW to be transplanted on the console, its control scheme is way too complicated probably for a controller, but I feel this need of having a console-dedicated online RPG.

Bryank75

Banned
I would really like to see an online RPG designed from the ground up for the console, specifically for the next generation. I really keep thinking way back, from the days I was playing World of Warcraft; I was mainly playing it in single player "mode", there was so much to explore and so many quests, I would never get bored.

Right now, on PS4, the selection is pretty limited - unless you're into Final Fantasy which is the most accessible on the console. I wouldn't like WoW to be transplanted on the console, its control scheme is way too complicated probably for a controller, but I feel this need of having a console-dedicated online RPG.
Yes, I see a good few playing FF14 online, have you tried ESO? I heard that is quite popular?
If Sony bought Zenimax it would come with ESO...

kensama

What did you think of the KD49XG8305 (Sony bravia) i bought 2 months ago?

Last edited:

xacto

Yes, I see a good few playing FF14 online, have you tried ESO? I heard that is quite popular?
If Sony bought Zenimax it would come with ESO...

Have played ESO for about two years, but it's the same gameplay, fragmented, with loss of frames, long loading times, same dated graphics. Every time they added a chapter or DLC, it's just more of the same. It lends itself better from a control perspective (just like Neverwinter), but you can see it's more like an afterthought for the console, compared to the PC version.

I don't exactly need an exclusive version, it can very well be multiplat, but designed around the console, not just a port from PC.

And the state ESO is in now, I don't think there will be any improvements for next gen aside from FPS and loading times.

Last edited:

xacto

I think you have all seen that leaked footage; to me, it looked atrocious, stiff and with very bad animations, the fights looked worse than Odyssey and Origins. It really looked like a bad pre-alpha footage; true, it said "work in progress" but considering how close to release it could be, it looked pretty horrible.

Tom's, as usual, seems to have seen something completely different from the rest of us, as they seem somehow impressed. What do you guys think of it?

Bo_Hazem

Banned
What did you think of the KD49XG8305 (Sony bravia) i bought 2 months ago?

I think it's a very good tv, the HDMI 2.1 isn't in it but it's like 10-20% extra if someone seeking maximum experience, like going from a very solid 2070 card to 2080/2080Ti. Is it future proofing? No. Should you care? No, of course. If that was an upgrade from 1080p then it's a MASSIVE upgrade, and if it's an upgrade from SDR to HDR then it's a wonderful upgrade!

If you got it in a great deal, then that's another extra! HDMI 2.1 isn't a necessity, it's a luxury after reaching good 4K HDR tv's with decent input lag.

Bo_Hazem

Banned

0kjYMYu.jpg

I have an Astro A40+mixer, and it has flat bass. Do you like a flat ass? Then you'll like it, I don't. I would go for Pulse 3D as it should pack some punchy, immersive bass and probably an updated rumble feature from previous Pulse headset.

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
I need to upgrade my denon reciever and maybe 8k tv my sony bravia is fairly new but shit wanna get 8k n high fresh rate for ps5

You might find this thread useful:

I think you have all seen that leaked footage; to me, it looked atrocious, stiff and with very bad animations, the fights looked worse than Odyssey and Origins. It really looked like a bad pre-alpha footage; true, it said "work in progress" but considering how close to release it could be, it looked pretty horrible.

Tom's, as usual, seems to have seen something completely different from the rest of us, as they seem somehow impressed. What do you guys think of it?
Yep, some NPCs specially during the fight sequences were awful, like they forgot to animate some of them. I guess we don't really know how old that build was, but it had some stuff that was definitely not brilliant. Graphically looked liked a refurbished version of Odyssey, but it's a cross-gen, so in that regard I wasn't expecting much more than that, to be honest.

Gamerguy84

IMO no one does first party games like Sony. I feel like they have some big holes to fill.

A simcade racing game. Im still mad about Evolution. I wanted DC2 and or a Motosport.

And a A first person shooter like Killzone or Resistance.

Those are only two genres of games but they are two huge ones

kensama

I think it's a very good tv, the HDMI 2.1 isn't in it but it's like 10-20% extra if someone seeking maximum experience, like going from a very solid 2070 card to 2080/2080Ti. Is it future proofing? No. Should you care? No, of course. If that was an upgrade from 1080p then it's a MASSIVE upgrade, and if it's an upgrade from SDR to HDR then it's a wonderful upgrade!

If you got it in a great deal, then that's another extra! HDMI 2.1 isn't a necessity, it's a luxury after reaching good 4K HDR tv's with decent input lag.

Thanks for your answer.
I bought it only for PS5

Last edited:

Jtibh

Banned
I have
I have an Astro A40+mixer, and it has flat bass. Do you have a flat ass? Then you'll like it, I don't. I would go for Pulse 3D as it should pack some punchy, immersive bass and probably an updated rumble feature from previous Pulse headset.
I have a flat ass. Now i cant hear in 3d cuz of that? Get outta here

Jtibh

Banned
Its

Its pathetic. Same old shit. Soo outdated same broken animations same everything.
This is not next gen.
Anyone considers this next gen next to horizon 2 another open world game is full if green slime in the head

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Thanks for your answer.
I bought it only for PS5

You'll be at least 90% up to 100% happy with it! Enjoy ;) Sony's X900H would've been the optimal choice though, especially around PS5 release when prices are lower.

I have

I have a flat ass. Now i cant hear in 3d cuz of that? Get outta here

I didn't even intend to say that, lol, I mean "do you like a flat ass?". The bass in A40+mixer is underwhelming and an immersion breaker to me. A50 might be better? Not sure.

Top Bottom