• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 5 PRO or NEXT GEN graphics card this fall? Tell me what you will buy GAF?

PS5 pro or Video Card?

• PlayStation 5 PRO

Votes: 140 53.2%
  • Nvidia 5000 series card

Votes: 75 28.5%
  • AMD RDNA 4 card

Votes: 10 3.8%
  • Both

Votes: 28 10.6%
  • Switch 2???

Votes: 10 3.8%

• Total voters

eerik9000

PS5 Pro and maybe a new TV.

I currently have Radeon 5700 XT with Ryzen 5800X, which I am completely happy with, and my next PC build will definitely be efficiency, size and silence oriented. I am done with the 200+ watt energy hog GPUs, so I guess I am done with high-end PC gaming.

This fall, you say?

You have no other option than PS5 Pro

If you want a 5060 or 5070 you will have to wait a year from now at the very least

Last edited:

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
Where is your gaming budget going this fall?
Maybe not this fall, but definitely sometime this year or next year I'll be doing some serious upgrades to my PC. I'm shooting for a 4070 ti super (or the 5000 series if that even drops this year), new motherboard, power supply, 64 gigs of ddr4 and a new cpu cooler so that my PC can shut up while gaming.

Gotta save up 900 at least... but it'll be worth it

Last edited:

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
Why is neither not an option? Because that's where I'm at. I've yet to see anything in the foreseeable future worth a major hardware upgrade. Miss me with that GTA6 bullshit. I don't see why or how it can't run on the hardware we have now, as long as you have the option to disable useless as fuck ray tracing.
1. You can choose not to vote.

2. GTA6 can run on the hardware we have now. The hardware we have now are the ps5, Xbox series, and PC.

NeonDelta

Definitely a PRO, probably stick with my RTX 3070 until the next console generation now unless 5060’s are affordable and are similar to performance as a 4080 which ain’t gonna happen

StereoVsn

I doubt I am going to spend the whatever crazy amount Jensen will charge for a 5090 so will wait for a 5080 release. No idea how much either will run but I suspect it will be substantially more vs current MSRP prices for 4000 series.

Top Bottom