• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 5 PRO or NEXT GEN graphics card this fall? Tell me what you will buy GAF?

PS5 pro or Video Card?

• PlayStation 5 PRO

Votes: 140 53.2%
  • Nvidia 5000 series card

Votes: 75 28.5%
  • AMD RDNA 4 card

Votes: 10 3.8%
  • Both

Votes: 28 10.6%
  • Switch 2???

Votes: 10 3.8%

• Total voters

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
AMD RDNA4.

Michael Jordan Reaction GIF
Why not? Should have good RT and DLSS equivalent.

Brigandier

As much as I would love to build a new PC and get a new release GPU my budget right now is laughing at that thought, PS5 Professional it is (at this moment at least).

Klik

Well 2 years ago i went from PS5 to PC and it was the best thing i've done. I will definitely upgrade to RTX 5080 and better CPU for some VR games.

But honestly i dont know if RTX 5080 would be worth it on 1440p 144hz monitor?

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Neither. It turns out having a mortgage is fucking expensive. 😭

OverHeat

« generous god »
Well 2 years ago i went from PS5 to PC and it was the best thing i've done. I will definitely upgrade to RTX 5080 and better CPU for some VR games.

But honestly i dont know if RTX 5080 would be worth it on 1440p 144hz monitor?
If you crank up the setting and downscale it will!

poodaddy

I don't think the 50 series is coming out this fall, (would love to be wrong, but just don't see it happening), and the PS5Pro just wouldn't get used enough to justify its purchase as the PS5 is an exclusives only machine and I haven't even liked/haven't been interested in most PS exclusives this gen.

I dunno....think I'll just keep getting stuff around the house installed and improved, my gaming set up seems fine for now, though I wouldn't mind if 4080's hit a reasonable price at some point, though we all know that's a pipe dream, so yeah focus on the house for me.

MikeM

Electing to skip the PS5 Pro as the CPU is not going to be updated.

Have a 7600x/7900xt PC which is fantastic. Might go to a 5080 if the leaps in RT and raster are large enough. Otherwise, will happily run with what I have.

If anything, looking to upgrade the Panasonic ST60 plasma I have above my fireplace to the upcoming LG B4. Fuck LED tvs.

Elitro

Yeah... not this fall, but if i had to take a pick it would be ps6 or new GPU. I think i'll skip the pro.

Dorfdad

Gold Member
nvidia 5000 series flagship card will likely be $1,999 selling for $2,500 after the AIBs take their cut. They wont release the 5080 or 5070 until next year.

I will get the PS5 Pro for now. Nvidia is pricing me out of their high end cards and im not even that strapped for cash.
That and the fact nothing will push it creatively for years. It will boost some games from shire brute force but games won’t be designed for it for years.

Ps5 pro will benefit all your games

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Recently bought a 4080 laptop, so I doubt I'll be picking anything else up this year. See no real reason to buy a Ps5 Pro as there's no indication that there will be any games that will actually need it.

MiguelItUp

Neither. I'm content with my PS5, so no reason to go Pro there. Also content with my 3080, so I'm probably gonna hold out on upgrading until it starts to tell me it needs to happen.

dave_d

Not planning on building a new PC until next year at the earliest(the late 2020 rig is still doing fine) so maybe the PS5 pro. You know, depending on how much it costs. (But if the Switch2 comes out this year I'll get that first.)

Rocinante618

Neo Member
None, happy with my RTX 4080. Runs everything great (60fps+) at 1440P. I don't play too much nowadays, just sticking with major, high quality releases with great gameplay. Probably will upgrade when GTA 6 launches on PC. (late 2026?)

I am thinking of getting the new Switch (2) next fall (2025), I skipped Nintendo this generation and am excited to try BOTW/TOTK, Mario and Metroid.

Why is neither not an option? Because that's where I'm at. I've yet to see anything in the foreseeable future worth a major hardware upgrade. Miss me with that GTA6 bullshit. I don't see why or how it can't run on the hardware we have now, as long as you have the option to disable useless as fuck ray tracing.

poodaddy

Have a 7600x/7900xt PC which is fantastic. Might go to a 5080 if the leaps in RT and raster are large enough. Otherwise, will happily run with what I have.

If anything, looking to upgrade the Panasonic ST60 plasma I have above my fireplace to the upcoming LG B4. Fuck LED tvs.
Does that scare you at all having the TV above the fireplace? It's not an option for me as the people who built this house nearly 200 years ago chose to have an absolutely massive mirror, (taller and wider than any doorways in the home), built into the wall above the fireplace and the house was clearly built around it, but I've always loved the look of TV's on hearths but I'm freaked out about the heat potentially damaging it. Randomly wanting your take lol.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Will be sticking with my 6900XT until at least next gen consoles launch.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69

I have the same TV in my living room lol. Still looks good IMO. Panasonic plasmas were just different.

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
If there are any really GPU intensive games released this year that I’m interested in, and a 4090 can’t quite max out, then I’ll upgrade to 5000 series. Otherwise nothing.

who am I kidding, I’m sure I’ll upgrade the GPU the second I’m able to buy one

Polelock

I bought a 4090 for 700 bucks due to some work gift cards and I've started playing consoles a fair bit more. Probably a ps5 pro but we'll see how the 5-series cards are and may get both.

Reallink

Pro is going to be a $600-$700 waste of money unless you have the mentality of a 12 year old who absolutely has to play certain games day 1, you're paying a premium to be a third class citizen. The $160/year PSN tax just makes it even worse. The $1000 - $1500 5000 series cards will literally be a PS6 Pro leap over the 16TF trash Sony's peddling.

Last edited:
Top Bottom