• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Plus Game Catalog lineup for June: Far Cry 6, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder’s Revenge, Inscryption and more

SeraphJan

I wonder if it's worth upgrading to Premium for $11 for my remaining ~200 days of Extra.

Same here. PS+ Extra is basically the only reason I turn on my PS5 at this point.
I think its worth it, it dirty cheap to upgrade to premium, the premium library is pretty good, many PS3/PS2 era remasters such as Jak franchise, Bioshock 1+2+infinite, Darksider 1+2 etc.

Last edited:

Aenima

Was waiting for FarCry 6, pretty much the last Ubisoft game that i wanted to play from the games they have released. Talos and Inscription are another 2 i want to try, but pretty much all will hav to wait untill im done with FF16.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Was waiting for FarCry 6, pretty much the last Ubisoft game that i wanted to play from the games they have released. Talos and Inscription are another 2 i want to try, but pretty much all will hav to wait untill im done with FF16.
Same boat. I was 100% sure that FC6 will join the service, which is why I didn't buy it. My expectation, however, was that it'll join around September/October. June was a big, nice surprise.

In case you haven't tried, Rogue Legacy 2 and TMNT are also quite good and worth a try.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
One thing that's worth mentioning is that Sony usually adds lots of AAAs in the PS+ Catalog every month. The total number of monthly games that Sony adds is usually 17.

This month, Sony didn't add as many AAAs (only 2 AAAs in June vs. 9 AAAs in May) but instead focused more on Indies. So they upped the total number of games from 17 to 27 this month.

I think that was very thoughtful and worth appreciating.

Aenima

Same boat. I was 100% sure that FC6 will join the service, which is why I didn't buy it. My expectation, however, was that it'll join around September/October. June was a big, nice surprise.

In case you haven't tried, Rogue Legacy 2 and TMNT are also quite good and worth a try.
Played the 1st Rogue Legacy and did not liked it. I hate rogue-lite/like games. I also might try TMNT and some other indies in the list, but the ones i mentioned are the ones im more interested in playing.

manfestival

For all of yall that don't know.... Inscryption is an absolute banger. Totally underrated and amazing. I know the game kicked up a bunch of attention when it launched but that fizzled out. Easy recommendation

Markio128

Some great games that I haven’t played in that list - Inscription and TMNT being 2 of them, but FF16 will be taking the limelight next week.

bender

What time is it?
Eager to try out Rogue Legacy 2. I thought the original was okay'ish but largely overhyped or maybe I just hate the main character's run animation. TMNT is pretty great. The opening of Inscryption is pretty great but the quality dips as it drags on. I only made it a few hours into Far Cry 5 so I probably will not bother with 6. I'm finally going to get to experience the dumpster fire that is Thief 4. I've always wanted to try it but not enough to pay for it.

Last edited:
Turtles! Nice, finally a game I held off on coming to ps+ that I want to play.

EDIT: Oh cool Killzone Liberation, better be available for purchase.

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Is rogue legacy 2 better than the first? i liked the first
If you liked the first game, there's a lot you'll love about the second. More classes, more random traits, more unlockables, better build variety, more town merchants, more area biome variety etc.

R6Rider

Gold Member
So farcry 6 ? Any good ?
If you enjoy Far Cry games then yes. I didn't even like FC5 that much (and skipped 4), but 6 was tons of fun.

Lots of weapon customization and stuff to do without feeling overwhelming. Whacky and fun characters and a good variety to the missions. There's really good side missions too in the Treasure Hunts and Stories.

AI is bad for the most part, although sometimes they manage some decent flanks. Also the best selection of companions yet.

Last edited:

ShakenG

The odds of rogue trip 2012 making the classic collection... 😬😬😮‍💨

Definitely give TMNT a go..
Already tried peppa pig, was delicious.

Last edited:

Ronin_7

Banned
Glad I'm not subbed because who has time to play that many games? 🤣

This service has like a thousand games, it's just too much imo

Fbh

Decent month.
I've wanted to try Inscryption for a while and I've heard great things about Rogue Legacy 2 too.

Esca

Great month to me. Peppa to play with the nephews, was waiting for a good sale on tmnt, really wanted to try inscription and a few others

NewYork214

Killzone liberation. Fuck yeah

Edit: and hercs adventure. That game is amazing. Loved it as a kid, playing with brothers.

Last edited:

Neolombax

Finally Soulstice. Glad I didn't get it during the recent sale. Happy to see some games for the kids as well. Very happy that Elex 2 is on the list as well, I've been meaning to try out Elex for a while now, but maybe I'll skip to the sequel instead as I read reviews saying its more or less the same game with updated graphics. Get to play Killzone liberation again, I remember playing it for just a while on my friend's PSP.

sachos

I just got a PS5 with a year worth of PS Plus Premium, nice month to start with! Lots of those games im interested in and heven't tried yet. Classics catalog still sucks though.

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
When are these supposed to show? If I go to recently added all I get is alternate something went wrong or content cannot be found error messages.

Edit: ah probably from 19th June ish…

Last edited:
When are these supposed to show? If I go to recently added all I get is alternate something went wrong or content cannot be found error messages.

Edit: ah probably from 19th June ish…
They'll be available on the 20th. Generally speaking, new PS Plus games are always on the first and third Tuesday of every month. Games are usually announced on the second and forth Wednesday of every month.

Killzone and Worms are good gets for classics. Still wish they’d get PS2 sorted.

Makes me pine for a proper PlayStation handheld again.
I don't know why they don't just take the PS4, and make it a handheld. Instant massive library, another way to sell people on PS Plus, and good way to compete with Switch and Steam Deck.

The only downside is that it would keep PS4 alive long past its time, which would likely mean more cross-gen titles and fewer true current gen only exclusives. Then again, the Series S is already kind of doing that, so maybe that wouldn't be much of a downside.

TexMex

So Rogue Legacy 2 is up, but it's prompting me to pay? I have PS Plus Extra so it should be free - anyone else seeing the same?

TexMex

Got a response from Cellar Door Games - sounds like it's a problem with a lot of the Plus games this month, they're working on it.

oji-san

Banned
ELEX 2 is also up this month?! Nice! will grab it as the first game was good. Not sure what version to download as i read the PS4 ver on PS5 has solid 60fps, might try it.

Top Bottom