• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus General Discussion

Kagey K

Banned
PLAYSTATION PLUS has definitely mixed up console gaming more than anything else in recent times.

It has caused a lot of discussion good and bad. Unfortunately as it is a SONY service, and not on XBOX, it also leads to console wars.

lets put all PlayStation PLUS discussion here in this thread. New games coming to PLAYSTAION PLUS , rumors of games on PLAYSTATION PLUS, why NINTENDO doesn't have PLAYSTATION PLUS, how can NINTENDO fight PLAYSTATION PLUS etc etc etc etc.

You get the idea :messenger_beaming:

We look forward to fierce discussion on both sides of the aisle, or neutral discussion about the service, but we will ask that PLAYSTATION PLUS discussion is limited to this thread, so actual games and other news can be discussed in the regular gaming forum.

Thank you!

ParaSeoul

f59.gif

FunkMiller

Gold Member
I've currently stopped my sub to both GamePass and Plus, because I'm waiting to see what the European launch games are like when Plus hits next week. I'm likely to only bother with one going forward, but it depends on what they have to offer that will decide which one.

GamePass's first party day one strategy is something that persuades me that may be the better value for money going forward, but we'll have to see.

I certainly can see me potentially stopping and starting each one on a regular basis, dependent on what games they have at the time. Don't see much point in staying with either for any great lengths of time.

Last edited:
For the first time in twelve years I won't be renewing Playstation Plus when my subscription ends in December. There aren't any multiplayer games for me since BF5 and the monthly game's are terrible. I'll probably subscribe to Playstation Plus Essentials again, but probably not for a very long time.

MikeM

I have the premium tier and GP. Hate to say it, but i’ll likely be cancelling my PS sub services in favour of GP. Mine does not run out until September so still have some time to see what the quality of the library is and what kind of games get added.

MikeM

Anyone know whats up with the pricing? I checked my sub status and it says next payment is $35 for Premium. But when I click to “Buy Again” it forces the $59.99 option.

Anyone know what i’ll be billed come expiry?

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
Wish Sony would hurry up and release the NTSC version of classic games such as ape escape in europe. They have said they are going to do that soon, but how soon with SOONY!

I think I am just going to play returnal and miles morales and a boatload of other games until then as it is pretty jarring at 30fps!

It's good that there is a thread dedicated to this, because I have a question or two, I was wondering if it is possible to subscribe to PlayStation Plus Premium by using your PSN wallet without the need to input your CC information? I live in a country where the Premium tier doesn't have cloud streaming as a feature, which leaves me with only one option, I have to fake my place of residence, but one thing is for certain is that if I will be prompted to enter CC information after trying to purchase the subscription I will be left with nothing but wasted money, which is why it's extremely important for me to know for sure.

Last edited:
I picked up Premium beginning of this month and I must say I'm absolutely loving it. They are doing some great stuff with adding games as well, getting a lot of Yakuza games this month was a very pleasant surprise.

Liking all the Ubisoft selections as well. I think my only gripe would be I wish they'd invest more in to the PS1/PS2 classics, but overall I'm very happy with the service. Feel like I'm saving a ton of cash as I'd definitely buy a lot of these games on sale anyways, so getting to play them all is perfect.

It's good that there is a thread dedicated to this, because I have a question or two, I was wondering if it is possible to subscribe to PlayStation Plus Premium by using your PSN wallet without the need to input your CC information? I live in a country where the Premium tier doesn't have cloud streaming as a feature, which leaves me with only one option, I have to fake my place of residence, but one thing is for certain is that if I will be prompted to enter CC information after trying to purchase the subscription I will be left with nothing but wasted money, which is why it's extremely important for me to know for sure.
I can confirm this worked for me when I selected 3 months. I used my wallet funds of £40 to pay for it.

DonF

wow, what a necro im about to commit.

Ok, so here is the situation. I have a prepaid card registered on the psn, for security.

my plus subscription ran out the other day, I got the notice and decided to do nothing since I dont use it as much now. I got a second notice, that ps+ had runout and by stored billing info had no money.
(i forgot the auto renewall thing)
Ok, ill just remove the card and remore auto renewall, right?

So i do that and then i check and it says, the next time I will be billed will be feb 2025..weird since i just removed auto renewall.

Thing is that I have ps+ until that date. I tried some plus games and they all work.

It seem that I got a year of plus for free?? I really dont want to get my account banned for something that I really dont understand, its a ps3 era account, i've had it since the plus started.

doesnt anybody know what happened here?

Top Bottom