• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation really is something special.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
Dualsense, Sony exclusives and the hardware it’s self just click with me for casual gaming in the living room as a 40 year old men with 4 kids. Having a break from console only made this more obvious. Still love my PC more but that’s another story 😌
Gotta love that Game Pass. ✌🏼

Obviously joking.

Last edited:

Hugare

I'm not waiting years to play Playstation single player games. That's a no go from the start for me. I've mainly just been using my PC to pay bills. Waiting for MS to have some bangers I'd care about, or EA/Ubi/etc to get their acts together.
Playstation is doing all the heavy lifting these days imo.
I havent sold it already because of this

I'm not waiting 2-3 years to play Ragnarok or the new Spider-Man

But exclusives are few and far between. This year I have played Horizon (which I didnt like, unfortunately), TLOU Part I which was good, but I could wait to play it, and now Ragnarok, that will probably live up to the hype

So 1 year of basically nothing for me, only Ragnarok. Since launch? Returnal was awesome, my favorite PS5 game. Ratchet was eh.

Kinda hard to justify my purchase so far. PS4 was already firing on all cilinders with some great games during the same time period.

Maybe its due to COVID, I guess

sachos

So you actually sold all your consoles OP and after 2 weeks you went back? Explain the story, im actually interested what triggered the buy back

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
What is happening? What is this thread?
Ring Around The Rosie Circle GIF by A24

OverHeat

« generous god »
So you actually sold all your consoles OP and after 2 weeks you went back? Explain the story, im actually interested what triggered the buy back
I had two PS5 at home one for me and one for my oldest son, we just brought back is console in the living room.

Sony exclusives

Looking I See You GIF by Shark Week

I got a PC and a PS4/PS5. I regret buying a PS5. It's been gathering dust all year, with Horizon being the last game played on it. What else got released this year that I could not play on PC? God of War is coming so thats 2 games on it! Truly a worthy purchase my god. SOOOOOOOOOOO MANY EXCLUSIVES.

Last edited:
I havent sold it already because of this

I'm not waiting 2-3 years to play Ragnarok or the new Spider-Man

But exclusives are few and far between. This year I have played Horizon (which I didnt like, unfortunately), TLOU Part I which was good, but I could wait to play it, and now Ragnarok, that will probably live up to the hype

So 1 year of basically nothing for me, only Ragnarok. Since launch? Returnal was awesome, my favorite PS5 game. Ratchet was eh.

Kinda hard to justify my purchase so far. PS4 was already firing on all cilinders with some great games during the same time period.

Maybe its due to COVID, I guess
imo returnal, demon's souls remake, along with the dualsense controller is basically the only reason to have a current generation so far. Everything else could have been last gen. heh.
3rd parties and Xbox will be hamstrung to the Series S and lower end PCs. I don't expect anyone but Sony to make games that really feel current gen. It's the only platform with a 10TF lowest common denominator, then later Nixxus does their thing porting to PC.

Fredrik

I had two PS5 at home one for me and one for my oldest son, we just brought back is console in the living room.
Makes your thread about going PC only strange, but it was a strange move anyway so glad you found your sense again, guessing you’ll ignore your backlog and won’t wait for PC version of Ragnarök now, guessing you’ll soon have all consoles again and a 4090 PC, and Steam Deck. Don’t fight it, just enjoy the hobby! 🥳

Banjo64

cumsessed
Glad you like it OP.

I like them all but for me personally nothing beats Nintendo hardware/software (even though I spend much more time on PS and Xbox).

I’ll definitely give Sony props for the DualSense which is far superior to the lame Series controller except for the stick layout. And while I don’t care that much about their exclusives, they are certainly high budget and polished.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Dualsense, Sony exclusives and the hardware it’s self just click with me for casual gaming in the living room as a 40 year old men with 4 kids. Having a break from console only made this more obvious. Still love my PC more but that’s another story 😌
Which games have you been enjoying the most?

JimboJones

I'm not a big fan of their first party output so I've never felt the need to buy into the Sony ecosystem.
They do put out some quality games I can't really argue with that.

So you sold your PS5 a couple weeks ago and already repurchased it and made this thread?

Crayon

I'd still say I'd give up the playstation before the PC, but over the last two years I've played the PS5 way more. There are more than enough games on both, though way more on pc given I'm willing to go back about 30 years. The PS5 was much more powerful than my PC up till two weeks ago, though. And snow is still a little better.

Shifty1897

That is about to end, the era of GaaS is about to begin.
You're right, the only games we know are coming after November that are single player are Spiderman 2 and Wolverine.

They're waiting to start showing off all the GaaS games in development until they are polished to a shine because someone in marketing at Sony is smart enough to know this was go over like a wet fart with core gamers.

Aenima

Yeah, feels weird playing with controllers using the old rumble now. Even if not all games make good use of the haptics, the ones that make good to decent use feel so much better.

Enjoy.

MarkMe2525

Ps5 is a nice kit for sure. My cousin has two of them and everytime i go over there to play, I leave impressed. I'm still holding off until we get some reviews of PSVR2, which I'm sure will be great.

Edit: I wanted to address the dualsense. It is neat for sure, but imagine it will be impactful when paired with vr

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
You're right, the only games we know are coming after November that are single player are Spiderman 2 and Wolverine.

They're waiting to start showing off all the GaaS games in development until they are polished to a shine because someone in marketing at Sony is smart enough to know this was go over like a wet fart with core gamers.
Yep. All their other studios are sitting on their hands and/or will only be making GaaS, even though they already purchased their GaaS studios.

Onironauta

Lol, suddenly these people love Japan Studio.

Which were your favorite big Japan Studio franchises? Knack and Gravity Rush?
During PS4 gen they were already in decline. Gravity Rush and The Last Guardian were good though.

In the past they made some unique games, like Ico, Shadow of the Colossus, Ape Escape, Siren, and smaller experimental titles like Vib Ribbon, Folklore, Tokyo Jungle, The last guy, and so on.

Not everyone prefers AAA games.

Astrobot seems good. I was waiting for PSVR2 to play it, but I was disappointed by the lack of backwards compatibility.

Last edited:
Top Bottom