• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation rumoured to announce the return of an “extremely popular” franchise in Q4 2022

Karmic Raze

I’ve always wanted Syphon Filter to make a comeback, but I’d honestly prefer it if it was Metal Gear Solid. I love me some SNAKE!!!…

Zeroing

Banned
My bet would be a franchise who once was very associated with PlayStation then gone multiple platform then got unused and now it’s becoming exclusive.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Hopping on this wonderful PS1 reboot chain.
USvEHTO.jpg
Well its a third person shooter so it's probably true.

Game was fun for its time though. Loved the taser. A shame people didn't turn to charcoal if you hold the taser in for minutes lol (yeah I tried)

mortal

Gold Member
What can be considered "extremely popular"?
The only IPs that come to mind are either Resistance or Twisted Metal, and to a lesser extent, Socom.

Last edited:

Ozriel

M$FT
Either one of these

The order
Resistance
Legend of dragoon
Silent Hill
MGS

Only MGS here can be called popular. And the last entry sold 5 million units.

What can be considered "extremely popular"?
The only IPs that come to mind are either Resistance or Twisted Metal, and to a lesser extent, Socom.

Not a single one of those games qualify as ‘extremely popular’.

Last edited:

Airbus Jr

Banned

Whatever game it is good news for gamers man

The more the merier

Last edited:

mortal

Gold Member

Welll that's why I ask the question.
I don't believe this is about 3rd party IPs like MGS, but Sony owned IPs.

Twisted Metal hasn't received a new entry in nearly a decade, despite that people still bring it up in conversation.
Now its getting a show adaptation. So maybe a new entry to coincide with the show. The closest I can think of.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Uncharted. ND can't have been working only on TLOU multiplayer all this time, and they have at least two teams.

It's not SOCOM lol.

mortal

Gold Member
Uncharted. ND can't have been working only on TLOU multiplayer all this time, and they have at least two teams.

It's not SOCOM lol.
but the Uncharted franchise hasn't gone anywhere long enough to even make a return. The Legacy of Thieves Collection was released a little over a month ago for PS5 & PC.

Psychostar

This game is actually one of the most important and sentimental titles to me. I learned how to read playing this game, out of a desire to play it as a child as I liked the aesthetic so much. The sequel also rocked my socks.

It inspired me to get a Playstation membership card when that was a thing and ultimately ended up being the first game I printed an official guide for, as I had tried to fully complete the game around 4 times and never managed to collect all quests in the questlog. I remember printing a 100 page guide on this hahaha.

I wish the company was still together and that a new installment could be a thing.

Good times! Thanks for posting.

ksdixon

TLOU (TLOU1 Remake, TLOU2 PS5 Director's Cut, or TLOU Factions game).

Q4 2022? Just ramping-up marketing lead-in for TV show, I reckon.

zaanan

Banned
Was Resistance actually "extremely popular"?
In light of Sony’s recent statements that Returnal is a “mega-hit” and the Uncharted movie is a “hit movie franchise,” Yes.

To those who may not know:
Fall Of Man sold > 4m
R2 > 2m (I blame Insomniac copying COD)
R3 > 1m (I blame R2)

Top Bottom