• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation State of Play | August 6th 2020 | NO MAJOR PS5 ANNOUNCEMENTS

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
For those that missed it
  • Crash 4: It's About Time
  • Hitman 3 / VR
  • Braid: Anniversary Edition
  • The Pathless (PS5)
  • Spelunky 2
  • Genshin Impact
  • Aon Must Die
  • ANNO: Mutationem
  • Bugsnax
  • Star Wars: Vader Immortal
  • Control Expansion 2: Awe
  • Auto Chess
  • The Pedestrian
  • Hood: Outlaws and Legends
  • Temtem
  • Godfall

Umbral

The word ”loot” is a repellent for me.

Well, that was alright. Looking forward to the inevitable big drop from Sony. Sooner rather than later, I hope.

Nickolaidas

I knew it would not be super exciting, but Aeon Must Die and Godfall really came through. And Crash 4 sold me on the IP. I'll start the Crash games (which I missed in the PSX/PS2 era)

Dr Bass

Seemed fine to me. Nothing major announced just like they told us. A look at a lot of smaller games. I really prefer these types of "events" where they just stream gameplay for the entire thing. No talking heads. No CG trailers that show us nothing.

MrS

Banned
Detailed thoughts:
  • Crash 4: It's About Time - Looks good. Might buy
  • Hitman 3 / VR - Looks good
  • Braid: Anniversary Edition - Looks good. Buying
  • The Pathless (PS5) - Looks shit
  • Spelunky 2 - Didn't like the original so it's meh
  • Genshin Impact - Looks shit
  • Aon Must Die - Looks shit
  • ANNO: Mutationem - Looks shit
  • Bugsnax - Looks absolutely dog shit
  • Star Wars: Vader Immortal - Looks ok
  • Control Expansion 2: Awe - Looks shit
  • Auto Chess - Looks garbage
  • The Pedestrian - Looks shit
  • Hood: Outlaws and Legends - Looks interesting
  • Temtem - Looks shit
  • Godfall - Looks very good. Buying

ultrazilla

Everything looked like cookie cutter, mobile game ports and free to play hot garbage.

200.gif

Nintendo save us

nowhat

Meh, we were told not to expect too much, it was fine. Crash looked like fun. "Bow girl with a bird" seemed interesting. Never played Braid, might as well give it a go now. Not feeling Godfall yet, but we'll see.

And Bugsnax, of course.

Crash 4 and Pathless was the only thing interesting in here

Fuck Bugsnax

Edit: I actually don't give a fuck about Godfail, but I genuinely feel bad for their art designers because it can look beautiful at times but the combat is horse shit, full of janky, the bad kind of janky.

Last edited:
Reactions: MrS

Nickolaidas

I'm so happy I finally saw something new about Aeon Must Die. This game was in radio silence for too long, I was afraid it might have been cancelled. A dev was kind enough to reply to my comment couple of years ago on their YT channel and tell me they were a small dev team and couldn't afford/bother with social media and marketing. They were originally hoping for a 2019 release.

Still excited. I'm in love with this game's artstyle and music. Adagio for Organ is one of my favorite classic music songs of all time - has been ever since I saw 'The Trial' with Antony Perkins - and it warmed my heart to hear them making a remix of that song in the game. So excited, so hyped!!

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
No Nier Replicant.....
AgreeableElatedBlacklab-size_restricted.gif

I'm guessing Square wants themselves reveal the gameplay trailer to us...........I hope.

I reckon Godfall will have increased enemy count and better AI. That was running on a devkit and the visuals were there, so i imagine the polish will be more enemies, better Ai n shiiiett

I have to hand it to the Crash 4 teams, they know how to make a sequel. It looked fresh, fun and stuck to what made the original good.

Kdad

Highlighted what i might play:

• Crash 4: It's About Time
  • Hitman 3 / VR
  • Braid: Anniversary Edition
  • The Pathless (PS5)
  • Spelunky 2
  • Genshin Impact
  • Aon Must Die
  • ANNO: Mutationem
  • Bugsnax
  • Star Wars: Vader Immortal