• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Studios next system seller?

sojuwarrior

Now that Spider-man 2 is out, what do you folks think will be the next PlayStation Studios first party system seller in 2024?
I don't think anything is announced to release during the first half of 2024 if my research is correct?

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
Chris Farley Idk GIF

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
The game of “what’s next?”. I’d rather rely on 3rd party for a while, especially with GTA6 on the horizon. Call of Duty is going to sell PS5’s. Madden is going to sell PS5’s. Sony has to get their GaaS out there since they’ve bought all these studios without a lot of announced games. Jade Raymond’s game has to come out. That bank heist co-op game.

I think Spider-Man 2 is a phenomenal game to go into Holiday 2023 with. Final Fantasy VII Part 2 is right around the corner. Things look good.

Perrott

Gold Member
Either the standalone follow-up to God of War: Ragnarok or Death Stranding 2, depending on which of the two comes out first in 2024.

clarky

Gold Member
Either the standalone follow-up to God of War: Ragnarok or Death Stranding 2, depending on which of the two comes out first in 2024.
Can't see us getting a God of war sequel in under 2 years, unless you mean the rumored expansion.

Cant see DS2 being a system seller either. The first sold well enough but i think it turned a lot of people off once they found out exactly how it played. An acquired taste, not a system seller.

sojuwarrior

Can't see us getting a God of war sequel in under 2 years, unless you mean the rumored expansion.

Cant see DS2 being a system seller either. The first sold well enough but i think it turned a lot of people off once they found out exactly how it played. An acquired taste, not a system seller.
yes I doubt either a DLC or DS2 can be considered a system seller (DS1 was not)

Markio128

If we’re talking 1st-party, then I think I’d need to see a Sony showcase to figure that one out. Currently, I haven’t got a clue what they might be cooking for next year. Right now I’d have to say Wolverine, and that could be 2025.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
when it comes their first party I can’t think of any game I should be excited about. Most of the games I enjoyed and hype about are from third party developers.

Last edited:

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
If we’re talking 1st-party, then I think I’d need to see a Sony showcase to figure that one out. Currently, I haven’t got a clue what they might be cooking for next year. Right now I’d have to say Wolverine, and that could be 2025.

They already had one few months ago.

2024:

Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth
AstroBot
Death Stranding 2

I think this is the most likely outcome for 2024. Maybe some GOW expansion, if it's ready.

Last edited:

AmuroChan

Now that Spider-man 2 is out, what do you folks think will be the next PlayStation Studios first party system seller in 2024?
I don't think anything is announced to release during the first half of 2024 if my research is correct?

Not announced yet, but MLB The Show comes out every March.

Top Bottom