• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Studios next system seller?

DeepSpace5D

Not that the system needed to be sold to me, but if I didn’t have a PS5 at this point, the next major title that would pique my interest is 100% Death Stranding 2. The first game captivated me in a way that few games have and I absolutely loved it.

FFVII: Rebirth I’m sure will move units as well.

Last edited:

Imtjnotu

Factions

Season 2 Lol GIF by Insecure on HBO

truth411

Forgot about this.

Likely this is the “spring” time game and then sucker punch for the holiday. Sony has been doing two big games a year for a while now.
Doubt it, with Rise of Ronin coming out in 2024. I'm guessing Ghost of Tsushima 2 comes out in 2025 and the movie alittle latter.

Matsuchezz

Next Naughty dog game. Whatever that is. I never considered god of war as a system seller. Nor sucker punch games. Probably

Varteras

Gold Member
I'm totally interested in what made Sony immediately purchase Firewalk. Hope the game is special

Yup. This has sleeper hit written all over it. I'm expecting the reveal trailer to blow people away.

Same. With Haven, I think that almost certainly had to do with the people building the studio, the tech and methods they were employing, and Sony loving the ideas they pitched. They were only around for a year when Sony bought them.

Firewalk is almost certainly a different story. They had supposedly been about 4 years into Concord when Sony bought them. It also just so happened to be not long after Sony's yearly review that saw Bungie encourage Naughty Dog to re-evaluate their multiplayer game. Whatever they're making, it impressed someone enough to pull the trigger on them. No pun intended.

PeteBull

Dunno if its gonna launch holidays 2024 or gets moved to 2025(likely, since its new ip and we didnt see any gameplay yet), but thats the only thing that has potential to be system seller for now from playstation studios, other things either didnt get announced or are not big enough to achieve that 10m+ copies sold.

Last edited:

Caio

My dream would be Wolverine and Bloodborne Remake releasing in 2024 Holiday Season, in full glory on a PS5 PRO, but sadly this is just my dream; Wolverine is most probably a 2025 Game, and Bloodborne Remake...well...I have no idea when it will come out :D Hopefully Sony will announce/show something in the near future.

Luipadre

We dont even know wtf are they working on besides wolverine and DS2 which is my most anticipated game currently after alan wake 2

Hudo

For me, a "system seller" would be a new Motorstorm. I'd genuinely consider buying a PS5 for that game. But as far as what is in the pipeline at Sony right now, nothing really interests me.

squarealex

I would say... If Helldivers doing 2 millions (PS5 / PC) in the next 12 month after release is already good, I think (+40$/40€).

Know, on "big games"... they're are Final Fantasy VII Rebirth... but not very PSStudio. At least, Death Stranding 2 is a PSStudio game (even if Kojima Production involed)... but I don't think it will be sells better than the first game.

Yeah, TLOUp2 Remaster can coming 2024, Stellar Blade & Rise of Ninja for 2024 - 2025 it seems.

Concorde looks like releasing coming for 2024 (after the CGI trailer), and Fairgame$ from Jade Raymon, IDK. I think, this will be very hard for Jade Raymond and Sony to sells this game. We can see people are now sick for GaaS Shooter, even Sega Canceled Hyenas. And "The Finals" (ex-Dice) still no release date despite the fact is a shooter / team / GaaS

SJRB

Gold Member
I legit have no idea, it seems a lot of their slate has released and stuff that was officially announced is not releasing for a long ass time.

Surely it's Ghost of Tsushima, right? Right?

BootsLoader

Banned
If Sony is showing footage on PS5 Pro next summer, then I think we'll see an early tease of Ghost of Tsushima 2. Otherwise, in their next showcase.

My guess is that we'll not see Ghost of Tsushima on PS5. I think Sony would want to show it on a PS5 Pro.
A new Tsushima game will be a very welcome turnaround. A new God if War game will be boring, unless Kratos or his son decides to go back to Hack n Slash roots of the franchise.

kaizenkko

Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Death Stranding 2
Rise of the Ronin
GOW Ragnarok Expansion/DLC
Helldivers 2
Concord

I think this is what we can expect in terms of first-party for 2024.

sojuwarrior

the only PS Studios first party games that can realistically be announced and then released within the same year (2024) are TLOU2 and Bloodborne remastered, but can they be considered system sellers/blockbusters though?

SenkiDala

Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Death Stranding 2
Rise of the Ronin
GOW Ragnarok Expansion/DLC
Helldivers 2
Concord

I think this is what we can expect in terms of first-party for 2024.
Damn only Concord and the GOWR DLC is from a PS Studio. What are people smoking ?

Basically all games coming exclusively (even temporarily) on PS5 are PS Studios games ? Wow ok.

yurinka

Now that Spider-man 2 is out, what do you folks think will be the next PlayStation Studios first party system seller in 2024?
I think Wolverine, Concord, Rise of the Ronin and Marathon, but I think one of these three will be released in 2025 with Death Stranding 2 and I assume Factions 2. And Cory's new IP if released in 2024 or 2025. I assume Destiny 2 Final Shape will work very well too.

I don't think anything is announced to release during the first half of 2024 if my research is correct?
Helldivers II is announced for February 8th, and I assume Stellar Blade and Convallaria because will release early 2023 because they were supposed to be 2023 games. And they also have every year a new MLB. They also will have Destiny 2 Final Shape, which I assume will be released in H1.

Then as I remember Sony has several games announced as 2024 or TBA like Concord, Wolverine, Marathon, Rise of the Ronin or Death Stranding 2, which pretty likely will be released in 2024 or 2025.

Then they have unannounced games that could be released in 2024: the next team Asobi game, whatever else Firesprite is working on (at least apparently a narrative horror game and a rumored Twisted Metal), Sony London's new IP and something else I may forget.

Plus there are more unannonced games under development, and a few of them could be 2024 games, like a Until Dawn-like game from Ballistic Moon (new studio from ex-Supermassive devs), another game from Sumo Digital or something else we may not see coming, as some cool game that may appear from the China or India Hero Project initiatives.

Likely will be the next SuckerPunch game.
Sucker Punch released GoT in 2020 and GoTDC+DLC in 2021. The only thing I think we may see them releasing in 2024 is a GoT PC port.

I think it's more likely to see GoT2 being released around 2026 relatively close to the GoT movie. Nowadays they can't release a AAA game in 3-4 years. It's more like 5-8 years.

Final Fantasy Rebirth.
Final Fantasy 7 Remake 2?
I think it will be very successful and maybe also a system seller but it's a 3rd party game, not first party.

I'm totally interested in what made Sony immediately purchase Firewalk. Hope the game is special
They have many devs from very popular AAA games, mostly Bungie top staff who worked on Destiny 1 and Halo games. I think it may be Sony's Halo or space CoD. Or maybe a game more similar to the original Destiny 1 experience (more focused on a SP friendly coop story campaign, instead of focusing on PvP) than to the current one.

Who knows, maybe

Last edited:
Top Bottom