• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Studios next system seller?

Ceadeus

Gold Member
I would guess the PS5 Pro with 3rd parties to show off its capability. What ever capabilities they'll try overhyping us with.

Next year seems like it’s going to he carried by 3rd party exclusives like Rebirth, Death Stranding 2, Helldivers 2, Silent Hill 2, etc but seems like a great year tbh.

kaizenkko

Damn only Concord and the GOWR DLC is from a PS Studio. What are people smoking ?

Basically all games coming exclusively (even temporarily) on PS5 are PS Studios games ? Wow ok.
I don't care about these "details", are games you can only play on a PS5, that's what matters to me while a platform owner.

But games founded by Sony are considered first-party (aka Death Stranding 2, Rise of the Ronin, Helldivers 2, etc).

Last edited:
Next year seems like it’s going to he carried by 3rd party exclusives like Rebirth, Death Stranding 2, Helldivers 2, Silent Hill 2, etc but seems like a great year tbh.
Death Stranding 2 and Helldivers 2 are Sony owned IPs just like Bloodborne and Demon's Souls are. FF7R and SH2 Remake are indeed 3rd party timed exclusives.

That said, the OP is worded odd though as there's no logical reason in dismissing these '2nd party titles' which are owned by the platform holder anyways.

King Dazzar

Would be nice for PlayStation to communicate with us about the future. I'd imagine they don't feel any need right this moment to firm up on anything though, as SM2 will keep things very positive going over Christmas/New Year. And FFVII Rebirth sees them through the first quarter of 24. I'm probably the only person on the planet actually looking forward to the TLOU Pt 2 remaster/remake. Beyond that all I actually really care about for 2024 is the possibility of getting my hands on a PS5 Pro.

Last edited:

Camreezie

What we actually know of its probably one of

Death Stranding 2/ Wolverine / Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth

From the first party studios unannounced id guess Sucker Punch's next game

T0minator

Not just the IP. I think the biggest draw for Sony was the talent of Firewalk Studios.

People might be underestimating that team because they are a new studio and haven't released a game, but that team itself is marvelous. Like if someone cherry-picked an A-Team to make a multiplayer FPS game, it'd be Firewalk's team.
Oh I know, that's exactly what I said. Their talent and IP are the reasons Firewalk is a 1st party studio now

Concord and Marathon could end up being the big FPS games PlayStation needs...or they could fail. Chances are they'll do fine

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Haven studios was bought the moment the studio was announced and now they’re making Fairgame$. A PvP heist game. Is this why Japan Studio had to close because I’d rather see Fairgame$ flop and Sony lose all their money. The way this industry works baffles me. Who is talking about Fairgame$? If your console has Apex and Fortnite, plus GTA Online. What makes Fairgame$ better? Rockstar is going to make billions off a new GTA Online.

we need to see more of it

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
we need to see more of it
I think the biggest fear is seeing this and thinking this is what Sony wants. A bunch of GaaS they can offer from their PSN services. You’re probably right in the sense that all we’ve seen is an announcement trailer, but what happens if it flops? All our increased Plus prices probably went to fund the game. If it’s excellent, I’m still not going to be playing it. It’s kinda sad when you need someone to point out the good things about a membership you’ve been happy to pay for a decade.

Why do people forget that The show is a First Party Game?
Where do people get that Wolverine is gonna release the next year?
The fanboys act like Sony first party did nothing but spider-man 2 in 2023. Yet there was hfw burning shores, mlb, horizon call of the mountain, spiderman 2 and hardware like psvr 2, slim consoles, portal. Banger 3rd party get like FFXVI. etc.
VR modes for games like GT7 and RE8. 2023 was actually a pretty damn good year for Sony imo. Haters gonna hate I guess.

edit: Didn't Destiny 2 release something too? I don't follow Destiny anymore.

Last edited:
Why are people sleeping on Rise of Ronin in 2024? Team Ninja making an open world samurai game with Sony's big budget behind it. I'm hoping this game is like what Elden Ring was for Fromsoft. The culmination of everything Team Ninja has done leading up to this. I have high hopes

Also, Death Stranding 2 will be a system seller. The graphics on that game will be other worldly. It's the first time the Decima engine will be properly used for PS5. The graphics will be insane

Last edited:
Big games so far for 2024, we have
Final Fantasy
Death Stranding 2
Ronin
I don’t think Wolverine will make it in 2024. if it were this advanced they would’ve showed a gameplay clip.
I think Sucker punches will have there game ready and TLOU online will make it maybe not as GaaS but as standalone multiplayer

kaizenkko

Big games so far for 2024, we have
Final Fantasy
Death Stranding 2
Ronin
I don’t think Wolverine will make it in 2024. if it were this advanced they would’ve showed a gameplay clip.
I think Sucker punches will have there game ready and TLOU online will make it maybe not as GaaS but as standalone multiplayer
To be fair, they just shown the first Spider-Man 2 gameplay in May, at Playstation Showcase. But I also don't think Wolverine will be coming in 2024.

Despite what people say, 2024 could be a very good year for Playstation: Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, Rise of the Ronin, GOW DLC, DS2, Stellar Blade, and maybe some surprises.

The fanboys act like Sony first party did nothing but spider-man 2 in 2023. Yet there was hfw burning shores, mlb, horizon call of the mountain, spiderman 2 and hardware like psvr 2, slim consoles, portal. Banger 3rd party get like FFXVI. etc.
VR modes for games like GT7 and RE8. 2023 was actually a pretty damn good year for Sony imo. Haters gonna hate I guess.

So... yeah, they did nothing but Spider-Man 2.

All those are better than anything xbox has done since 2016, but whatevs.

PS guys always post stuff like this to me as some kind of "gotcha!" but I really don't like Xbox, they're a very distant third for me. I don't think either company is doing great right now - I'm really enjoying Spider-Man 2 so far but Sony's first party output has been pretty dry recently. Even in your own post you list Spider-Man 2 as part of the proof that they've done more than Spider-Man 2, lol:

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Why do people forget that The show is a First Party Game?
Where do people get that Wolverine is gonna release the next year?

The power of wanting to believe often has a negative impact on our ability to forecast.

The only way Wolverine comes out next year is if it ends up being a budget Miles Morales like title and I sincerely doubt that's the case. Wolverine is likely 2026 - 2027.

Games don't take 4 years to develop anymore.

wolverine-xmen.gif

PS guys always post stuff like this to me as some kind of "gotcha!" but I really don't like Xbox, they're a very distant third for me. I don't think either company is doing great right now - I'm really enjoying Spider-Man 2 so far but Sony's first party output has been pretty dry recently. Even in your own post you list Spider-Man 2 as part of the proof that they've done more than Spider-Man 2, lol:
Yes I have a bias and yes I'm informed. Thanks for letting people know! The best gaming vr headset is hardly nothing. Try broadening your horizons.

ProtoByte

Final Fantasy VII: Rebirth to a minor extent. Kingdom Hearts IV to a similar extent.

Death Stranding 2? Lol no

The only live service game I see really going crazy is Marathon. Who knows when they'll be ready to show that.

Obviously, Wolverine is the known favorite system seller. But when Naughty Dog and Santa Monica reveal their new IPs, that'll be a pretty large pop.

Ghost 2 has potential, but they've really got to overhaul the design and creative direction for it to be a system seller. It's less characteristic than Days Gone.

Top Bottom