• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR2 |OT| I heard it has a single cable. Is this true?

ShaiKhulud1989

Gold Member
PSVR 2: Sony wants to enable communication via hand tracking

It's not exactly something new though. Sony started developing this tech 3 years ago.

Past patents have suggested that Sony is working on finger-tracking for a new VR motion controller, possibly PlayStation Move 2, to be paired with an unannounced PSVR 2 headset. Now a new video from Sony researchers gives us a much more solid look at that work.

SilentUser

I'm falling way behind on releases here. Thats kinda good lol. Means there's plenty of games. The reason why is that I haven't been able to play anything at all for three weeks now, though.
Ugh I know the feeling. There are so many cool and interesting titles being released and I still have to complete Village and Demeo 😂

drezz

"Introducing Budget Cuts Ultimate, the essential VR stealth action gaming experience that combines the complete Budget Cuts 1 and Budget Cuts 2 games into one seamless adventure! Coming to PS VR2 and Quest 2 June 1st."

skit_data

I only just now noticed the small text at the bottom not saying some corporate bull but making some sort of joke about ”our lawyers told us to say not supporting driving in 80 and bribes” or something, pretty funny.

Edit: In the Bella Ramsey video, ofc

Last edited:

Minsc

Gold Member
Man, I'm pissed at some of you because of RE Village! No one told me how freaking scary the
baby/monster/thing at the House Beneviento was!
😂 Thank God I left that place behind haha
It really is frightening! But you just needed to post more updates, I'm sure I'd have thrown a little warning your way if I saw you cleared Lady D! But each location really is unique and I'm finally in the final Lord's factory, and it feels like as large as the castle but more open in ways too (nice backdrops to a lot of areas in the factory). Definitely something to look forward too!

SilentUser

It really is frightening! But you just needed to post more updates, I'm sure I'd have thrown a little warning your way if I saw you cleared Lady D! But each location really is unique and I'm finally in the final Lord's factory, and it feels like as large as the castle but more open in ways too (nice backdrops to a lot of areas in the factory). Definitely something to look forward too!
Nah I was just kidding, I hate spoilers haha that part was so fantastic, I loved every little bit of it (and was really terrified!). I'm glad I held off this game to play in VR.
On other news, today might be the day me and my friends finally defeat the last boss of Demeo 😁

Wonko_C

I couldn't go back to 2d racing again. I think with a lot of genres its easy to switch between the two, dependent on mood, but once you've raced in VR, its impossible to go back, given that it changes the entire experience profoundly. Like you say, judging the apex around the carousel in VR is wildly different, and more accurate to reality, than doing the same thing on a TV. I drove the nordschleife in a BMW M3 many years ago (badly) and I actually got flashbacks doing much the same thing in VR yesterday. It's so much more comparable to real life than 2d racing. I'm meant to be doing a track day at Brands Hatch in the summer, and I'm going to use GT7 to practice.

I can easily see VR e-racing becoming the dominant form of online multiplayer racing in the future.
Call me cynical, but I bet GT7 esports scene will still be played on flat displays. And that thought makes me sad.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Nah I was just kidding, I hate spoilers haha that part was so fantastic, I loved every little bit of it (and was really terrified!). I'm glad I held off this game to play in VR.
On other news, today might be the day me and my friends finally defeat the last boss of Demeo 😁

Definitely the right decision. I've pretty much stopped playing it at Castle Big Titty Lady, because I know what's coming, and none of it is scary, or that good for a replay.

Compare that to my experience with RE7 on PSVR when I played it for the first time through, it was scary as fuck, and twice as brilliant. I still think RE7 is by far and away the scarier game anyway - RE8 is too camp with all the Hammer horror type stuff - but I do wish I'd waited for the VR release to play it.

Last edited:

Minsc

Gold Member
Definitely the right decision. I've pretty much stopped playing it at Castle Big Titty Lady, because I know what's coming, and none of it is scary, or that good for a replay.

Compare that to my experience with RE7 on PSVR when I played it for the first time through, it was scary as fuck, and twice as brilliant. I still think RE7 is by far and away the scarier game anyway - RE8 is too camp with all the Hammer horror type stuff - but I do wish I'd waited for the VR release to play it.

Man you're missing out, even if you've played it, in VR it's so much better. Seeing all the locations life sized is so great! And the House Beneviento is a lot more terrifying in VR, even people who've played it and felt nothing flat have said in VR it scared them quite a bit, there was that thread here earlier on it.

But it almost sounds like you feel like if a game is not scary it is not fun? The gameplay itself is great in RE8. Gunplay feels fantastic in VR with the motion controls, and I completely disagree that having played it flat means there's no reason to play it in VR.

Like the upcoming RE4 Remake in VR is going to be even less scary than RE8 VR and thus even less than RE7, but it'll probably still be the best of the three most likely. Given RE4 flat is better to begin with, but I'm really partial to RE8 because it's quite a lot like RE4.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Man you're missing out, even if you've played it, in VR it's so much better. Seeing all the locations life sized is so great! And the House Beneviento is a lot more terrifying in VR, even people who've played it and felt nothing flat have said in VR it scared them quite a bit, there was that thread here earlier on it.

But it almost sounds like you feel like if a game is not scary it is not fun? The gameplay itself is great in RE8. Gunplay feels fantastic in VR with the motion controls, and I completely disagree that having played it flat means there's no reason to play it in VR.

Like the upcoming RE4 Remake in VR is going to be even less scary than RE8 VR and thus even less than RE7, but it'll probably still be the best of the three most likely. Given RE4 flat is better to begin with, but I'm really partial to RE8 because it's quite a lot like RE4.

Oh, I’m sure I’ll get round to the rest of it after I’ve exhausted GT7 👍

fart town usa

Gold Member
I'm taking an extended break from Gaf to focus on other things but I wanted to share this review for Organ Quarter I just made. I hope some of you get a kick out of it.

2017 Steam VR title and released outta nowhere the other day for PSVR2. It's a straight up masterpiece in my opinion. Not the most interactive VR experience but the game is essentially a VR version of PSX Silent Hill/RE1, 32bit graphics and all. I absolutely love it.

God bless you all. See ya down the road at some point.

SilentUser

I'm taking an extended break from Gaf to focus on other things but I wanted to share this review for Organ Quarter I just made. I hope some of you get a kick out of it.

2017 Steam VR title and released outta nowhere the other day for PSVR2. It's a straight up masterpiece in my opinion. Not the most interactive VR experience but the game is essentially a VR version of PSX Silent Hill/RE1, 32bit graphics and all. I absolutely love it.

God bless you all. See ya down the road at some point.

Man, I'm actually considering this game. The major SH vibes is very enticing, too bad I became a way too scared person lmao.

scydrex

I finished RE8 like 3 times before playing it on VR. Playing it normal didn't scared me in any way. Now on psvr 2 i felt the tension reloading the weapon, the unlimited knife and throwing it is awesome, the gameplay feels awesome. The benevento house did terrify me and felt scarier. The castle i felt was there seeing everything in full size. To me it was a new experience playing it on vr even if i finished 3 times before that. Also better in everything. The blacks in that oled are awesome. If you lower the brightness of the headseat even better. When i got mine reduced to 50% the brightness.

Last edited:

SilentUser

Anyone here playing Garden of the Sea? 25% discount for Plus users and this is a game that interests me somewhat, but I'm still not sure if it is worth the my time 😅

Top Bottom