• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation: Xbox's Call of Duty offer was "inadequate on many levels"

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
Xbox fans so annoyed about that exclusive content that they think taking away those games entirely from Playstation is perfectly fine and equal to what Sony did. Sweet revenge.

Idk How To Tag This Clash Of Clans GIF
I'll see your Harry Potter bonus quest and, oh fuck it, CoD Xbox exclusive baby!

KingT731

Well neither was the first COD that will be Xbox exclusive. But Jimbo is using the logic that since COD has been on PlayStation since 2005, it should always been on PlayStation.

Xbox got FFXI, the FFXIII trilogy (and the BC version of XIII is the definitive edition of the game), FFXV, all of the remasters (FFVII, VIII, IX, X, XII) not to mention all of the KH games. But suddenly FFVII and FFXVI are exclusive. By Jimbo's own COD logic, then Xbox should still be allowed FF games, but he's preventing that with deals with SE.

Xbox got the full FF XIII trilogy. Hell SquareEnix updated the 360 FFXIII with full 4K FMVs when it went BC.
You sound silly my guy. You know damn well most of those games didn't come to Xbox until legit 2-3 years ago.

Oh, look at this hypocrite. Paying to all those games to avoid gamepass and Xbox and then demanding a fair offer. I don't care for this that much as long as it's on gamepass, but after such comments I hope Microsoft removes it even earlier.
Sony did not pay developers to keep games from gamepass, stop this idiotic lie that all does xbochannels and twitter xbox ambassadors are telling you. You guys are easy to brainwashed by these clowns.

Fredrik

This is going to backfire so hard on Jim.

Phil is licking his lips.

BSihlLs.gif
He’s too much Mr Nice Guy publically to go down that path. But the gloves could come off now, I don’t think Jim are doing Playstation any favors here that’s for sure, MS hasn’t officially stated how they’re doing with several Bethesda IPs they’re now owning and now that the cat is out the bag on Activision Blizzard they can start using an assumed exclusivity scenario for PR to move the needle.

Yoboman

Well neither was the first COD that will be Xbox exclusive. But Jimbo is using the logic that since COD has been on PlayStation since 2005, it should always been on PlayStation.

Xbox got FFXI, the FFXIII trilogy (and the BC version of XIII is the definitive edition of the game), FFXV, all of the remasters (FFVII, VIII, IX, X, XII) not to mention all of the KH games. But suddenly FFVII and FFXVI are exclusive. By Jimbo's own COD logic, then Xbox should still be allowed FF games, but he's preventing that with deals with SE.

Xbox got the full FF XIII trilogy. Hell SquareEnix updated the 360 FFXIII with full 4K FMVs when it went BC.
Square Enix have a long history of.making exclusive games for various platforms and are still doing it. They have Switch exclusives as well

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
They need cuz they are afraid the regulators block the aquisition. Thats why Spencer PR lies sound like "we all about giving player more options, and there will be less exclusives in the future" when in the backstage they working to remove multiple previous multiplatform games from other consoles.

But aparently this forum loves this shit, while MS fucks up the videogame industry, ppl are clapping, YAY more games available on my piece of plastic, that was already available on my piece of plastic anyway but you cant play them anymore in your piece of plastic.
The regulators Reasons against the acquisition are bullshit anyway.
COD is not the be all and end all of gaming, playstation is still number 1 in the gaming industry in terms of profit, and they have arguably the best first party studios, which they are expanding. Its complete bullshit that no COD would stop or impedes playstations ability to compete. Playstation will be just fine without cod.

yurinka

After all the money hatting Sony have, and continue to do, i think getting offered COD for 3 years beyond their current deal is pretty damn fair.
We don't know if Phil asked Sony to pay them a gazillion dollars or something like that to keep it there for 3 more years.

Last edited:

KingT731

What are you talking about? FFXIII launched on the 360 in 2010. FFXI was before that.
Reading comprehension...see: MOST of those games. The ones that launched day/date on XB are FFF13/13-2/LR/15/KH3 and of the remasters only FF8 was Same day on Xbox

Last edited:

Three

Yeah, console that neogaf keeps reminding us is always coming last is now the big threat to the whole industry.
The CMA aren't idiots and they deal with different segments of the industry and look at all timeframes, short, mid and long term. The CMA aren't looking at who sold the most consoles but at predicting whether it's a company trying to drive a competitor out of a market, often by not making money in the short term to then make it once they dominate the market. The CMAs current concern is sub and cloud gaming. The deal will likely go through but this stupid "but we're third place look at our console sales" that Phil and his band of merry men only now seem to acknowledge once they have regulators breathing down their neck is nonsense when for years they have been saying Sony is not even one of their competitors and that console sales are not the driving force of their business.

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
Also if people think that Sony birthing will change a lot, they need a reality check, these approval bodies ask questions to multiple publishers and platform holders, and as we have seen in Brazil, no one, except Sony had any problems with that acquisition.
Really!? No one else apart from the only other console manufacturer/digital store front holder had an issue!? I’m shocked.

Yoboman

Also if people think that Sony birthing will change a lot, they need a reality check, these approval bodies ask questions to multiple publishers and platform holders, and as we have seen in Brazil, no one, except Sony had any problems with that acquisition.
Why would they? It only affects Sony who are MS's only direct competitor

Tripolygon

Banned
Do y’all realize Microsoft does not own Activision yet and Jim is doing what is required to secure a good deal for his platform? If Microsoft is required to make such concessions in order for the deal to go through. This is one of the largest acquisitions in history and requires close scrutiny.

Last edited:

NickFire

The regulators Reasons against the acquisition are bullshit anyway.
COD is not the be all and end all of gaming, playstation is still number 1 in the gaming industry in terms of profit, and they have arguably the best first party studios, which they are expanding. Its complete bullshit that no COD would stop or impedes playstations ability to compete. Playstation will be just fine without cod.
COD has a long history of hitting its launch dates, and by and large is very well received by the target audience and played until the next version comes out. So the regulators might be big time COD players and afraid of letting MS manage the studios that make it.

Edgelord79

Gold Member
Ok Jim.

Starting to border on the ridiculous if he thinks he’s going to get a 10-20 year commitment from a competitor or regulators are going to enforce this type of commitment as in effect it could open a lawsuit they could very well lose.

I’ve been pretty agnostic on this whole thing as it’s beyond my pay grade and I have both boxes, but this statement is something else.

Roxkis_ii

Do y’all realize Microsoft does not own Activision yet and Jim is doing what is required to secure a good deal for his platform? If Microsoft is required to make such concessions in order for the deal to go through. This is one of the largest acquisitions in history and requires close scrutiny.
Shhh, let them have their glee, it's been a rough year for them.

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
COD has a long history of hitting its launch dates, and by and large is very well received by the target audience and played until the next version comes out. So the regulators might be big time COD players and afraid of letting MS manage the studios that make it.
You Got Me Lol GIF by BrownSugarApp

Stuart360

Will be even longer now since the UK Gov wont like this at all :messenger_beaming:
I think Microsofts offer is basically giving Sony 5 or 6 years to make their own COD killer, which is more than fair.
We have to remember that if this deal goes through, MS will OWN Activision, and will be funding development of these games. To me getting offerd COD for another 5 years is far and beyond the 'call of duty' (he he).
Business is weird sometimes.

KingT731

FFXI: 2006
FFXIII: 2010
FFXIII-2: 2012
FFXIII Lightning Returns: 2014
FFXV: 2016

Only the remasters/KH3 are within the last three years. The main FF releases all are older than that.
FFXI launched in 2002. It was on PS/PC for years before it came out on Xbox. FF7 and 9 didn't come to Xbox until 2019

jorgejjvr

On a permanent basis? Nope. They do not buy IP and permenelty take it away from userbases that enjoy them.

Temporarily? For certain games? Yes. That is an entirely different thing that the competitions and marketing authority looks at.
I cant think of a single company they have acquired that has released games on xbox after the fact.

Top Bottom