• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT| As in "Go Outside"

BroBot

Hype is real

EAJpoY2.jpg

When you use a Lucky Egg isn't it supposed to double your experience?

I used one, and when I evolved a pokemon it only says +1000 on the bottom and not +2000.

Is this normal, or will it say 1000 and actually give double?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
she didn't seem impressed. :/

Is it too low?

I'll try this. Sounds legit enough to work. :D

are we really doing this. Is we being fucked wit, GAF?

if this is real. how old are you. also please try my thing instead

unless you are prepared for the follow up of "wait why would you lie to me about driving your sister's car if you were worried I would rob you"

Also you're offering to pick her up, in, like, not the nice car you claimed you owned

If you leave the app open but turn off your screen with the power button will it still track movement for the eggs? Or do I need to be an asshole and walk around with my nose in my phone?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I am new to this game(Just downloaded it today) and got the first Pokemon(Charmander) I was wondering, as a newbie, this game can ONLY be played outside right? Because when I try walking in the house with my phone the person I created, she doesnt move, she moves a step or two but goes back to the original spot so I assume this game can only be played outside so I have to walk around in order for her to move and catch Pokemon?
You better believe it, laker chick. Well not necessarily "only outside," but definitely out of the house. If you have anything around you you think might be a likely spot for a landmark, like a mall, park, museum, business plaza, etc, I'd start there- see if you have any nearby Pokestops.

3phemeral

Spyro I just realized where you put the FAQ in the OP! awesome

For anyone just joining us ^_^

These are great You should add in that after you spin a PokeStop, you don't need to tap the items to collect them. You can just press the "x" to exit and it autocollects.

gwTsAe

are we really doing this. Is we being fucked wit, GAF?

if this is real. how old are you. also please try my thing instead

unless you are prepared for the follow up of "wait why would you lie to me about driving your sister's car if you were worried I would rob you"

Also you're offering to pick her up, in, like, not the nice car you claimed you owned

Exactly what went through my mind. I can see speedy realizing this as soon as he picks her up, fumbling for a story to produce in the wake of terror.

Tell her you spent over 500 bucks on avatar items so money is not an issue.

Spending $500 on Avatar Items was when I was still a child. I was only 14 and I wasn't good with money or had a decent paying job yet.

I'm 19 now. I spend my money on responsible cosmetics and worthy In-App Purchases. Like Counter-Strike skins.

w05XW0X.png

I pray I never get too addicted to Pokemon Go. I've been good so far only spending $2 on Pokeballs at the start. I'm trying not to spend any real money on this game. But the temptation is there. Leveling is so slow without lucky eggs.

I'm about to give up on the game until it's confirmed that the servers issues have been dealt with. The majority of the time I can't get past the loading screen. And half of the time when I do get past it, the map loads but with no stats and no Pokémon. When it loads, it's great, but if it loads so infrequently, it's useless.

ramyeon

My work has two Pokestops below it. They have Lure Modules on them every day.

But literally only attract Zubat after Zubat. It's actually ridiculous.

Starfield

Spending $500 on Avatar Items was when I was still a child. I was only 14 and I wasn't good with money or had a decent paying job yet.

I'm 19 now. I spend my money on responsible cosmetics and worthy In-App Purchases. Like Counter-Strike skins.

w05XW0X.png

I pray I never get too addicted to Pokemon Go. I've been good so far only spending $2 on Pokeballs at the start. I'm trying not to spend any real money on this game. But the temptation is there. Leveling is so slow without lucky eggs.

readImage

Does it actually matter if I evolve a cp60 Pigdey or a cp100 one?

Yes. . Always aim to evolve a higher CP Pokémon but don't waste dust on Pokémon until you get to their final evolution.

No real reason other than filling out you're Pokedex. Higher CP makes it better in battle.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
When you use a Lucky Egg isn't it supposed to double your experience?

I used one, and when I evolved a pokemon it only says +1000 on the bottom and not +2000.

Is this normal, or will it say 1000 and actually give double?
but

but lee

that IS double

O_O

(500 per evolution, you may have received a bonus 500 if the evolved form wasn't a pokemon you previously owned?)

These are great You should add in that after you spin a PokeStop, you don't need to tap the items to collect them. You can just press the "x" to exit and it autocollects.

gwTsAe
That's a pro tip right there, awesome. Thank you!

Reminds me I wanted to add a little bit about the energy bars for battling, too.

You better believe it, laker chick. Well not necessarily "only outside," but definitely out of the house. If you have anything around you you think might be a likely spot for a landmark, like a mall, park, museum, business plaza, etc, I'd start there- see if you have any nearby Pokestops.

Well at least now it makes sense why the person refuses to move, or only moves two steps then back, its because Im in the house :) once I go outside and start walking I can catch some of these pokemon that are a little far away, I can see them but cant catch em because they are considered "Too far away" I live near a mall and a park so both work perfectly..but I also figured that when I go for a daily walk for exercise I Can find some pokemon that way too

Ha, my groujp and I uttered the phrase "Valor scum" many times last night XD

This!!! I wonder how many people think they have no stops near them at all but there's actually one just beyond the range of the initial camera view. I wonder what they'll do.

Wait what

Haha apparently texts were freezing her app and she was freaking out about missing it.

Alright, I just evolved my cp104 one

You're always going to catch weaker and stronger versions of the same Pokémon.

First Eevee I caught was 40 CP, previous one I caught was 238 CP. Ofcourse I evolve the latter.

Point is if you want a cetrain Pokémon the challenge or protect gyms it's easier to get a base Pokémon battle ready from scratch with a high CP and you'll end up using less candy overall.

So.....how exactly are we gonna be reimbursed for spending money on items and pokeballs that end up being consumed by server errors and not actually working? The quality of this game right now is dangerously unstable for it to be accepting money.

3phemeral

Oh, why do they have it that after you beat a gym, it becomes neutral? Shouldn't it auto-switch to your team?

I beat a gym and in the span of time it took for me to select it while it was neutral, someone already claimed it. I beat it again and claimed it but I can see how that would be irritating. People just camping at a Gym and then waiting for it to go neutral before placing their strongest mons there.

Top Bottom