• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Scarlet and Violet New Trailer has Dropped, releasing November 18, 2022

Draugoth

Gold Member

FUKzdV6XEAAtszy

Official artwork of Smoliv, a Grass/Normal-type Pokémon

FUK0Ir6WUAADRTD

Official artwork of Lechonk a Normal Type Pokémon

FUK0GE1XEAEu8B4

Official artwork of Pawmi, an Electric-type Pokémon

FUK0BK_WYAI9nC9

Official images of Koraidon and Miraodon, the Legendary Pokémon. Koraidon is exclusive to Scarlet and Miraidon to Violet

FUK0N9OWYAEwGWo

Official artwork of Professor Sada and Professor Turo

FUK0pXXWUAERV4S
FUK0obnWQAAD6s_

Official artwork of Nemona

FUK1O5WXoAMDLVk

High Quality Screenshots

FUK1uznWAAEPLP9
FUK1uRqWIAA0fv7

FUK1iqIXsAAwLqZ
FUK1gFoWQAEofAI

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
This electric type reminds me of a beta pokemon from Silver/Gold beta mons. The presentation wasn't as bad as I though. But the Legendaries are a perfect example of either laziness or just tiredness of designs.

Belthazar

God that's butt ugly... I didn't think they they would give less than 10 months of a gap between games. That's insane.

The fanbase will eat it up as usual, so they're not wrong of putting so little effort on those.

Kuranghi

You mixed up the names of the starters, clearly the pig one is Lechonk and Smoliv is the one with the... olive.

I really like these designs, Smoliv all the way for me since I love olives so much, I've about to spread some mashed up Smolivs on my toast.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
i was drawn more to scarlet but that legendary pokemon confirms it. the one with the pixel eyes. the violet one looks trash.

the graphics are awful and lack of voice acting sucks but i'll pick it up anyway. i need a good pokemon game.

Kssio_Aug

I persisted until the 3DS titles, but now I can't anymore. Seriously, they need to shake things up... Switch is capable of way better looking games. They still not even bother with voice acting. This trialer was...

Cabin Fever Reaction GIF by chuber channel

I know Game Freak will not move a finger to change it though. I'm sure the game still gonna sell like hotcakes.

Last edited:
I'm glad I don't have to buy Pokemon anymore.

Actually I still have sun and moon to play through at some point. Skipped sword and shield though.

Codes 208

Nintendo this fall:
Homer Simpson Laughing GIF

The game has co-op multiplayer for the first time. It's almost a mini Pokemon MMO. How is that not shaking things up?
I guess thats the trade-off from moving away from arceus’ battle/catching system.

But i for one approve of this

graphic looks ass
I’m a gameplay, art direction player over graphics any day. But that’s assuming you hit the minimum requirement of acceptability. If there wasn’t so much aliasing and pop in I could put up with it. But knowing this will be sub 30fps, probably dynamic 1080 just makes me wish gamefreak was a 3rd party. Just make the same exact game on unreal 3 or 4.

I wish Nintendo would sign a developer to make an Pokemon colosseum/xD style game again. Limit the Pokemon to the first 4/5 generations but have a cool world/character design.

I at least wish we got a Pokemon battle revolution 2 for 5th gen back in the day but nah..

There are some mobile developers with more talent than gamefreak and that's pretty unbelievable. I get it it's just a cash cow for Nintendo at this point but you'd think they'd have a little more pride in it.

The_hunter

I skipped the last two pokemon games, I might get this one, since it has co-op. The fun of pokemon games for me are the new designs.

Top Bottom