• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Scarlet and Violet New Trailer has Dropped, releasing November 18, 2022

supernova8

Banned
Also Gamefreak has to have the highest ratio of success (practically unrivaled) vs talent (among the lowest ever outside of random mobile devs) that I've ever seen in gaming.

Be careful not to confuse "success" with "riding on the Pokemon name".

Imagine if the Dokev developers were given a shot at making a Pokemon game... even just once:

Granted, it might not be that good but I can see them having a better shot at it than Game Freak. From an investment perspective, I suppose GF are just the perfect catch. Minimum efforts for massive returns is an investor's wet dream (for good reason).

Last edited:

Tams

Be careful not to confuse "success" with "riding on the Pokemon name".

Imagine if the Dokev developers were given a shot at making a Pokemon game... even just once:

Granted, it might not be that good but I can see them having a better shot at it than Game Freak. From an investment perspective, I suppose GF are just the perfect catch. Minimum efforts for massive returns is an investor's wet dream (for good reason).

Not this DokeV shite again. Generic lolking game assets and no good sense of design (something that seems quite common among Korean developers).

Not to mention no firm release date.

Doom85

LMAO, the girl at 1:37 was all:

Animated GIF

supernova8

Banned
Not this DokeV shite again. Generic lolking game assets and no good sense of design (something that seems quite common among Korean developers).

Not to mention no firm release date.
Come on all Pokemon past maybe Gen 3 look unbelievably generic anyway so that's not even an argument anymore.

Besides, no firm release date versus guaranteed release date but it's the same old bollocks every time? Actually difficult to choose.

Tams

Come on all Pokemon past maybe Gen 3 look unbelievably generic anyway so that's not even an argument anymore.

Besides, no firm release date versus guaranteed release date but it's the same old bollocks every time? Actually difficult to choose.
Many 'recent' pokémon have been poorly designed or just rehashes, but DokeV just looks a bit creepy.

FingerBang

There is absolutely nothing exciting about this trailer or this game. I don't get how they thought it was a good idea launching another Pokémon game so close to another. What exactly is the difference between this and Arceus? Seriously asking. Is it the multiplayer component?

Because it looks to me both want to be "open world pocket monsters" and both just end up looking like crap. I used to like these games so much, but god, can't stand the rehashing.

S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
The graphics are ehhh ... it still looks better than Legends Arceus though, because of the color palette being more vibrant and pleasant to the eye. In the end, the gameplay is what matters the most, and in that regard, this seems to build upon Legends Arceus quite a bit. I still want an AAA-Pokemon game one day. I'm usually not overly concerned about budgets, but this is Pokemon after all. They have the resources and the sale figures to attempt an AAA game, and games with significantly weaker sales (like Shin Megami Tensei, which is very similar to Pokemon) get it right too. Then again, this is Pokemon, and previous attempts at making Pokemon on a console weren't exactly groundbreaking either. I grew up on XD and Colosseum and they're decent games, but they're far from the classics they're often made out to be. In comparison to the competition, they weren't anything special.

kevm3

Really no excuse for this level of graphics. Why do the ground textures look n64esque with blurry splotches? I'm sure this will be fun and all that, but this kind of effort on graphics should not be acceptable for a modern game. This has nothing to do with the Switch, because Kirby looks way better as does a host of other Nintendo games on there. Since it's Pokemon, it will sell regardless, but somebody has to start calling this stuff out.

Top Bottom