• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Direct 1/9/2020

Chromata

The problem lies more in what people are willing to accept. And in Pokemon case, they seems to be fine with whatever the crap they come up with.

I'm hoping that the negative fan response and some negative press surrounding the game will cause some change. I know that's unlikely though, especially given the sales data.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
I'm hoping that the negative fan response and some negative press surrounding the game will cause some change. I know that's unlikely though, especially given the sales data.

Doubtful. There will be a vocal minority(a couple thousand people at best) sure but will be outweighed by the sales data and the millions that bought Pokemon to enjoy whatever is thrown at them will be the same millions that buy the DLC and push the IP forward.

I think them bringing back some of the old Pokemon with these expansions will be their little band aid but to that minority but I think the damage has already been done and they won't be changing their outlook.

Jooxed

Gold Member
We should continue this convo is Mista Mista 's thread as the Direct is over

Saber

They seems to be fine doing that, since money its not the problem here. I believe they could move to a full microtransaction main game and people would still tolerate. Its just happens Pokemon as a brand is bigger than anything, even its problems.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
They'll still release something in the fall probably a Lets Go Johto and make even more

I doubt it... they dedicated a direct to this, so I'm guessing this is it for Game Freak Pokémon this year.

Quezacolt

You need online for a lot things in general. Smash bros? Online. Halo? Xbox live. Call of duty? You bet your sweet cheeks youll need online
Well, with smash you can just play locally on the same console, so no, you don't really need online.

Top Bottom