• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pop Beef: Grimes vs Poppy

Bullet Club

It's kind of like a rap beef minus the drive-bys.

Grimes responds to accusations of bullying by collaborator Poppy

o3Cex11.jpg

Grimes has responded to accusations from Poppy that she "bullied" the Youtuber-turned-pop star while collaborating on 'Play Destroy'.

"I was kind of bullied into submission by [Grimes] and her team of self-proclaimed feminists," Poppy told Billboard in an interview about her latest album, Am I A Girl?, which was released last month and features 'Play Destroy'

She continued: "We planned the song coming out months ago, and she was preventing it. I got to watch her bully songwriters into signing NDA [Non Disclosure Agreements] and not taking credit for songs that they were a part of. She doesn't practice what she preaches."

Now, Grimes, who has just released her new single 'We Appreciate Power' (Best New Music this week), has shared a response.

"Poppy, you dragged me into a disgusting situation," she wrote in a since-deleted post on Instagram on Sunday. "I don't want to work with you, you leaked the song anyway. [You] got what you want. Let it go." View her post below.

eFpm3Zt.jpg

Online Grimes obsessives (is there any other kind?) have been having a frenzy with the drama. There's been speculation that 'We Appreciate Power', which features Grimes' long-time collaborator and touring singer HANA, was originally intended for Poppy based on interviews that pre-date both collaborations.

Others are just finding LOL ways to bring Elon Musk into the equation.

ABC Australia

Top Bottom