• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Posts from 4chan on Dragon's Dogma 2 were possibly real leaks

Bridges

Full co-op was planned and cut...

Bittersweet, at least they know how natural of a fit that would've been. It was my #1 ask for a sequel. Disappointing but I appreciate that they just couldn't get it done as opposed to some Nintendo-like aversion to it.

Otherwise, game sounds freaking fantastic

From all that I've watched from the previews, the only thing that has yet to be confirmed story-wise is the mask system. Things like the number of dungeons and whatnot can't be confirmed until after the release.

However, one thing that caught my attention. Itsuno-san did say in his latest Famitsu interview that the game was majorly done by the time of its reveal, that the team is only ironing it out for the release, which confirms they delaying the game after Cyberpunk 2077 debacle.

This leak seems to be true. I remember calling it bullshit back in the day, so I'm glad I was wrong because the game is shaping up to be phenomenal.

Last edited:

Generic

"There's a lot of end-game content incluiding modular dungeons with limited player co-op. The game had full co-op planned but was cut due to technical reasons"

RE engine can't handle it?

Draugoth

Gold Member
Itsuno has magical hands, dude can make AAA games of quality with 1/3 of the required dev team size

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Isa

Salz01

I kind of want them to show a Dungeon. Also this mentions 4 regions, but I thought there was only two.

Majukun

only ther thing about the mummer is specific enough to be suspicious, the rest can be a coincidence

Draugoth

Gold Member

Last edited:
Can't wait to play this. I've never played the original game. Is Dragon's Dogma 2 a direct sequel to Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen? Or does it happen later in the future or something?

Can't wait to play this. I've never played the original game. Is Dragon's Dogma 2 a direct sequel to Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen? Or does it happen later in the future or something?
I believe it's the same universe, but a different world kinda deal. Or something along those lines.

Gojiira

Cant wait, my most hyped game this gen I think..
If its true that the world changes based on your actions then I hope its fleshed out and impactful. Otherwise, I just hope it has more replayability and depth to the classes (which looks to be the case!)

only ther thing about the mummer is specific enough to be suspicious, the rest can be a coincidence
There's loads of past evidence that every now and then an actual leak is posted on 4chan. The issue is that GAF collectively forgets this every time and instead says 'lol 4chan' when a new rumor pops up, and then reddit or a twitter account are given the credit instead when it turns out to be real. Honestly, it's the one site I could see being easy to leak on because it's one that's fully anonymous.

Edgelord79

Gold Member
It’s still really good. You should play it! Very cheap when sale.

Last edited:

Majukun

There's loads of past evidence that every now and then an actual leak is posted on 4chan. The issue is that GAF collectively forgets this every time and instead says 'lol 4chan' when a new rumor pops up, and then reddit or a twitter account are given the credit instead when it turns out to be real. Honestly, it's the one site I could see being easy to leak on because it's one that's fully anonymous.
i mean, there are TONS of rdumor posts out of that website, for every one you can definitely point out to be true, there are dozens of pure unadultereted bullshit.
and same goes for reddit and twitter leakers...it's the psychic fallacy, say stuff with enough reach and plausibility and do it enough times, and you are bound to get a bingo every now and then

my opinion doesn't change, only one of the points allegedly confirmed so far it's so specific that it could have not been a shot in the dark amist dozens

Top Bottom