• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Potential JET SET RADIO Remake leak!!!

Banned
A (claimed to be) Sega internal presentation reel leaked.

the last game seen in the video is a Remake of JSR.

what gives the video validity is that during the Sonic footage you can see an unused Boss, which is found in the game's artbook but was taken out of the game. meaning this should be never before seen beta footage.

Last edited:

Banned
3x.webp
3x.webp

3x.webp
3x.webp

Last edited:

NewYork214

Yes please. The one a few years ago didn't hit right for me but I put so many hours into the dream cast version.

emulation is your friend in this situation.

the game runs pretty well last time I tried it... like 2 years ago.
only a few texture glitches here and there
Yeah, I should give it a shot, considering how much I espouse the importance of emulation. Currently deep into a Ultrawide 120hz run through of Breath of the Wild on CEMU.

PanzerCute

Persona 3 remake and JSR almost confirmed, nice. Absolutely adore Jet Set Radio.

In the same wave of rumors we heard about a Crazy Taxi reboot too, so..

Banned
Yeah, I should give it a shot, considering how much I espouse the importance of emulation. Currently deep into a Ultrawide 120hz run through of Breath of the Wild on CEMU.

I never emulated BotW, because I'm scared it would taint the sequel for me after being spoiled with what could be... 😭

as for JSRF, I played it on CXCB Reloaded, but these days I think XEMU is way ahead in terms of compatibility and quality. so maybe it runs perfectly these days, without the small glitches I had.

Last edited:

Shifty1897

If real, that first clip was 100% the heavily rumored Persona 3 Remake. Definitely looked like it was running on the P5 engine.

Very tempted to quote everyone who said it was fake in the 4chan leak thread months ago, but I'll wait until it's confirmed as announced.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
This game was ***. So excited about it before release and then I got my little teenage heart broken with how bad it was.

The definition of style over substance.

Roxkis_ii

I would for love a remake or a re-release of jet set radio future. Sega really did have some bangers on the OG xbox.

Puscifer

If real, that first clip was 100% the heavily rumored Persona 3 Remake. Definitely looked like it was running on the P5 engine.
Yeah coming back to this thread that's 100% for sure P3 in the P5 engine. Sonic looks legit but that Jet Set Clip is giving me too many "Unreal Engine 5 remake trailer" vibes. The whole style just seems super off for some reason and everything looks gigantic with no sense of scale but I'm more than willing give it a chance being that if this is indeed real, that it's still in early development but being that the last time Jet Set Radio was relevant I was in my early teens, I'm about to be 34...

This was one of my favorite original Xbox games. I miss those days. It was a year or so after I came to the USA as a refugee. My parents bought me an Xbox, PS2 and GC. I played Xbox the most I believe. Launch line up was very good and it was a brand new console from a different manufacturer. Sometimes... I miss the old days. When things were much simpler 😢

Here is my favorite song from it -

Last edited:
People weren't exactly raving about its style in 2017 + 2018 as it was taking over the industry. Quite the opposite actually.

More like substance over style. The exact opposite of JSRF.

The original has some weird ass flaws that you either have the leniency to deal with and adapt to get to its brilliant moments, or you don't. But it is definitely a stimulating experience worth having.

Jet Set Radio Future. Well yeah, no disagreements here, that game is better in every conceivable way. I bought an OG Xbox for that game and Panzer Dragoon Orta. For 50 bucks in total, i was not left disappointed.

cireza

what's the issue with that guy?
The guy pretty much locked SEGA Japan into a handful of series, and spammed Yakuza to know end. He was also largely "corrupted" by Sony.

His removal from his position arrived at the same moment where we started seeing much better direction for SEGA (as seen in their official documents), such as much more multiplatform approach (including a ton of things coming to Xbox/PC and Game Pass), some novelty in Yakuza (Like a Dragon), a incentive to revive older series etc... Can't believe how many years were lost circling around the same stuff because of him. Good thing he definitely left after being demoted. Says a lot...

Last edited:
The guy pretty much locked SEGA Japan into a handful of series, and spammed Yakuza to know end. He was also largely "corrupted" by Sony.

His removal from his position arrived at the same moment where we started seeing much better direction for SEGA (as seen in their official documents), such as much more multiplatform approach (including a ton of things coming to Xbox/PC and Game Pass), some novelty in Yakuza (Like a Dragon), a incentive to revive older series etc... Can't believe how many years were lost circling around the same stuff because of him. Good thing he definitely left after being demoted. Says a lot...

You had a decent explanation going until the "corrupted by Sony" vague console warrior crap. The Yakuza games sold well enough on PlayStation platforms, so they focused on the franchise there. Not everything's a conspiracy against Xbox especially when it comes to lack of Japanese game support FFS.

You had a decent explanation going until the "corrupted by Sony" vague console warrior crap. The Yakuza games sold well enough on PlayStation platforms, so they focused on the franchise there. Not everything's a conspiracy against Xbox especially when it comes to lack of Japanese game support FFS.

Some people are just hopeful for next Wednesday, let them dream

Cattlyst

People on Twitter going mental. General game buying public “meh.” Most people don’t even remember when the game first came out, let alone played it. This kind of hype baffles me.

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
People weren't exactly raving about its style in 2017 + 2018 as it was taking over the industry. Quite the opposite actually.

More like substance over style. The exact opposite of JSRF.
You make me understand and empathize with dictatorships who censor freedom of speech... if people reguarly had takes this terrible, i wouldn't want them to say anything either

Last edited:
People on Twitter going mental. General game buying public “meh.” Most people don’t even remember when the game first came out, let alone played it. This kind of hype baffles me.

Its hype for the people that played it before.. Most people didn't play the original streets of Rage games, or Panzer Dragoon or Phantasy Star Online. Yet they all came back with new releases 2-3 years ago and were successful reboots. So I guess the general game buying public wasn't just meh.

cireza

You had a decent explanation going until the "corrupted by Sony" vague console warrior crap.
The quotes were there for a reason. Sorry I offended you, but I think you perfectly got the idea.

It is easy to dismiss everything by stating things such as "Not everything is insert whatever you want here". There were some elements that I shared, I have been following SEGA for more than 30 years as a player and more than 15 as a reviewer of their games. I have my opinion on what is happening in this company, like it or not.

Last edited:
Top Bottom