• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PPP: 52% of Americans want Obama back as president; 40% want Trump impeached

Status
Not open for further replies.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...cy-polling-muslim-ban-obamacare-a7560256.html
Donald Trump has been President for 13 days and yet more than half of Americans are missing former President Barack Obama, according to a new poll. A total of 52 per cent of Americans are yearning for Mr Obama, found a survey from Public Policy Polling, while just 43 per cent are glad that Mr Trump is in the White House.

Furthermore, 40 per cent want the new President to be impeached, up from 35 per cent one week ago. More than 500,000 people have also signed up to a petition by campaign group Impeach Trump Now on the basis that he has not taken a far enough step away from his real estate empire whilst in government.

Among other things:
The President’s signature campaign pledge, to repeal and replace Obamacare, has become increasingly unpopular. Just 41 per cent of voters are against the Affordable Care Act.
His chief strategist and Breitbart founder Steve Bannon has very low support of 19 per cent of voters. Just over one third of those polled think it was a good idea for Mr Bannon to become a permanent member of the National Security Council.

People on the right called Hillary, Obama 2.0 lol. Oh well maybe down the road we can get another Obama-like president.

Hillary was basically a stay the course of progress candidate, but emails.

I voted for Hilary but she's not Obama and I realize now that I fooled myself into thinking that America was a lot more progressive than it actually is. Obama won and could have kept on winning the presidency (had the constitution allowed) because people really liked him as a person, not because they really believed in his politics.

I hope these polls burn Trump's soul slow though.

Wulfric

The galaxy is in disarray. Old friends have become foes. The senate runs rampant, drunk with power. And one man searches for a successor capable of restoring the balance...

Star Wars: Revenge of the Obamas

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
"Why Term Limits Suck", by the American Electorate.

Coming soon to a bookshop near you.

6HfmIHv.jpg

Glix

Man, its like they distilled the very essence of something that would enrage Trump.

I want to be in the room when he sees this headline. So very badly.

His chief strategist and Breitbart founder Steve Bannon has very low support of 19 per cent of voters. Just over one third of those polled think it was a good idea for Mr Bannon to become a permanent member of the National Security Council

This is why its so hard to take some of this stuff serious. It doesn't make ANY sense that 14% of people don't support Bannon but think its a good idea that he was named to the NSC.

How is this any more reliable than all the polls before the election that predicted a landslide Hillary victory?

a) The polls didn't predict a landslide Hillary victory, they were generally within the margin of error in key swing states.
b) The national polls were on the money.

the 22nd amendment was a mistake

FDR did great things (minus the interment camps)

12 years or 16 years of Obama would have been great!

Americans just need to be far more motivated to vote when it matters, to stay informed (to avoid the BS about e-mails), know when uniting is better than bickering (applies to Hill or Bernie fans) and finally that NOT voting or shit voting does absolutely nothing for you.

"Why Term Limits Suck", by the American Electorate.

Coming soon to a bookshop near you.

Yup, term limits solve a problem that already has a solution.

"Why does Congress have such a high incumbency rate but such a lower approval rating"

cause you gotta vote em out fuckos

that 40% gives me an interesting thought... even though the electoral college is controversial, maybe the threat of impeachment is sort of a pluralistic counterweight to it

Glix

Yup, term limits solve a problem that already has a solution.

"Why does Congress have such a high incumbency rate but such a lower approval rating"

cause you gotta vote em out fuckos

Well the conundrum is that usually reps have a high approval rating in their district, but the whole house has a low approval rating.

This is why its so hard to take some of this stuff serious. It doesn't make ANY sense that 14% of people don't support Bannon but think its a good idea that he was named to the NSC.

No responses to the above quote? I'd like someone who is more knowledgeable about polling to explain this to me in any sort of way that can make me believe in the process again.

What percentage of Republicans polled want impeachment? Republican Congressmen and Senators will only act when their own voters revolt.

hidys

the 22nd amendment was a mistake

FDR did great things (minus the interment camps)

12 years or 16 years of Obama would have been great!

I'm not American but term limits have always felt really strange to me. If a leader is shit you vote them out of office. I really don't see the necessity in saying you can only run twice and that's it.

And when it comes to Obama I think I'll let the Jackson 5 speak for me.

https://youtu.be/DGDyAb6pePo

Blader

Obama really should have been grooming a successor.

She ran for president last year.

How is this any more reliable than all the polls before the election that predicted a landslide Hillary victory?

The people predicting a Hillary landslide were pundits. All of the pollsters showed a close race all year (she was consistently polling at 3-4 percent nationally; she won the popular vote by two points) and the Clinton campaign was constantly telling people that even a race against Trump would be a close one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom