• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pre-TGS 2012 SCEJ Press Conference - Sep. 19, Midnight EDT; Sep. 18, 9PM PDT

I'll hype this thing.
Sony copies Nintendo's ambassador program and drops vita price and mem card prices.

I'm also probably the only person in North America interested in Nobunaga's Ambition:Tendo for Vita.
Doubt we will hear about it tonight, but it got good marks from famitsu

TDLink

Why? If its a good game whats the problem with it being on PS3? Would be awesome, especially if we don't own a Vita.

Well he obviously wants the Vita to be a successful system and right now it's really one of Vita's only worthwhile exclusives. If it got ported to PS3 it devalues the handheld because then people can just buy it on PS3 without purchasing new hardware. As someone who doesn't own a Vita though and does own a PS3...I would really like it to happen.

MisterC20XX

Thanks in advance for the translation services, Cheesemeister! It's nice to find out what's happening as it's happening.

thumbsup.gif

it makes the vita more appealing.
To whom?

The game came out months ago in Japan and didn't exactly set the charts on fire, even by Vita standards. Anyone who wanted it bad enough already bought it, and those who still do obviously weren't willing to shell out the $249 barrier to entry.

At this point any Vita exclusives are just for morale, like with GameCube.

Man

tumblr_m6ijhgI3AR1rug9d0o1_400.gif
This and the Jeremiah Johnson 'nod of approval' gif are my favorites on gaf.

ManeKast

To whom?

The game came out months ago in Japan and didn't exactly set the charts on fire, even by Vita standards. Anyone who wanted it bad enough already bought it, and those who still do obviously weren't willing to shell out the $249 barrier to entry.

This is how I feel, if its a great game, bring it to PS3... newer and greater things is what I would be hoping for if I were a Vita owner, hopefully Sony delivers.

DiscoJer

They already ported HSG.

They -should- port Gravity Rush to the PS3 before they make 2 on the Vita just to give the franchise more exposure it deserves.

But that's what sabotaged the second GTA on the PSP. When they ported LCS to the PS2 six months later for half price, when VCS came out, everyone just waited to buy the port.

And then every time the PSP got an exclusive, people expected a port, even though it didn't always get one. But it raised expectations that there would be ports.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
it's just gonna send GR2 Vita to die since people will just wait for PS3 ver

Just like people waited for Miku on the PS3?

Nobody is going to rush out to pick up GR2 unless they played the first one - that number gets much larger if there is a PS3 version available. Anybody who was going to buy a Vita because of GR already has one.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
Because taking away one of the few reasons to own a Vita would be one of the dumbest things they could possibly do.

Well, looking at their first-party Vita output going forward, I see plenty of PS3/Vita multiplats. I feel it would be a bit misleading to say that platform exclusivity is really what they are focusing on right now.

To whom?

At this point any Vita exclusives are just for morale, like with GameCube.

they can do sales/bundle later on to invite people who are hesitant with the $249 price tag. like when they manage to drop vita price, or when gr2 is announced with hopefully great trailer that make people interested.

jgmo870

Banned
Why? If its a good game whats the problem with it being on PS3? Would be awesome, especially if we don't own a Vita.

Would be a lesser experience overall, I think. I can't imagine sliding working as well as it does with the DS3. Gravity shifting is esoteric and I can't see it working as well on a big screen; it's hard to explain. You have to play it to understand why it makes much more sense on the Vita.

But if you don't mind that...

libregkd

To whom?

To people who want the game but are waiting for a few more releases to come out.

Plus it sets a precedent. If Vita games are just going to be ported to the PS3 anyway, why even bother buying games for the Vita?

Just like people waited for Miku on the PS3?

Nobody is going to rush out to pick up GR2 unless they played the first one - that number gets much larger if there is a PS3 version available. Anybody who was going to buy a Vita because of GR already has one.

I thought miku ps3 is companion app for psp and vita miku, not stand alone title, as in, you need the psp and vita game to play it?

they can do sales/bundle later on to invite people who are hesitant with the $249 price tag. like when they manage to drop vita price, or when gr2 is announced with hopefully great trailer that make people interested.
I'd say try it again with Soul Sacrifice or PSO2 rather than looking back.

Though I do see your perspective if a GR2 is announced for Vita after the first is ported to PS3 - no incentive to buy in rather than wait for the port.

I'd say try it again with Soul Sacrifice or PSO2 rather than looking back.

Though I do see your perspective if a GR2 is announced for Vita after the first is ported to PS3 - no incentive to buy in rather than wait for the port.

As another perspective, I think if GR had not been on the Vita, nobody would have ever really heard or cared about it (not saying it is bad, just not going to stand out).

Whichever way you look at it, the Vita doesn't make a whole heap of sense. Might as well sell some games in the meantime and grow some franchises whilst that is worked out.

Since its TGS I hope there are some cool RPG's shown.

a-little-dose-of-realtnct4.gif

Well, looking at their first-party Vita output going forward, I see plenty of PS3 multiplats. I don't feel it would be that far off to say that platform exclusivity is really what they are focusing on right now.

Are you saying their platform is PS3/Vita? Because in that case, why would anyone even buy a Vita in the first place if all they need to play their games is a PS3? It's a laughably bad idea and if people at Sony think it's going to work, they should be fired.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
Are you saying their platform is PS3/Vita? Because in that case, why would anyone even buy a Vita in the first place if all they need to play their games is a PS3? It's a laughably bad idea and if people at Sony think it's going to work, they should be fired.

Yea, that's what I meant. my bad if it's a little confusing but you see what i'm getting at.

vita got quite a few crossplatform title announced in gamescom, but in that case, it's ps3 game ported to vita. it's there to actually help Vita, not hurt it, but you see they also have Vita exclusive that you can only play on Vita. porting Vita exclusive to PS3 will actually hurt Vita.

the reason people will buy vita version of the game(if it's not free like Sony crossbuy titles) is to actually play the game in handheld they can bring everywhere. why is it so hard for some people to see that there are value in portability. I'm not buying JSR on Vita because I know I want it on Vita, I'd have done the same with Sly4 and Retro City Rampage if it's not crossbuy titles that you get both for 1price

ranmafan

Darn my lunch break at work ends when the conference begins, oh well I'm sure I'll find out the news somehow soon. Going keep my expectations in check, but I hope Sony does something interesting this time. I really want to see good news for Vita today.

This are the kind of events that save systems in Japan. Last year the 3DS was revived by a Pre-TGS conference, maybe Sony will be able to do something similar for Vita. Persona 5, Soul Sacrifice, Final Fantasy and dating sims may do the trick.

Top Bottom