• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Priebus has been fired as WH Chief of Staff, replaced by General John F Kelly

Balphon

Now all Trump needs to do is purge the Bannon/Sessions/Miller wing of the administration and he can be fully surrounded by family members, bewildered career military officers, and Gordon Gekko cosplayers.

RaidenZR

Trump didn't like that Priebus didn't 'return fire' at Scaramucci.

https://twitter.com/lachlan/status/891057503647281153

a7WQ23r.png

I can believe this.

antonz

I can believe this.

Yep it fits Trump perfectly. Trump has long advocated that you have to punch back even on the Apprentice. Its why he does half the shit he does in the first place. He cannot take criticism or negativity and just let it go. Has to lash out

Timbuktu

Yep it fits Trump perfectly. Trump has long advocated that you have to punch back even on the Apprentice. Its why he does half the shit he does in the first place. He cannot take criticism or negativity and just let it go. Has to lash out

Indeed. Trump really sees this as th Apprentice WH edition.

Nekofrog

Banned
I'm pretty sure Obama had a good feeling that this whole admin would implode from the inside.

Maybe it's taking longer than we thought but it's happening.

Seriously these 6 months have felt like an eternity.

Can you imagine how long it has felt for the few sane Republicans who there their hands up long ago an stayed never Trump? There are few out there but those poor bastards are probably aging horribly at all this

Reince live on CNN coming up!

What you'll hear:

"I had a wonderful time working for the President and wish him the best has he continues to work for the betterment of America. I fully support him, just now from the outside, and I will do everything in my power to help him and the Republican party achieve our shared policy goals."

Whoa, that's mad, absolutely mad, and his replacement well uh I guess he couldn't be that much worse, right? Uh!

That was pretty short for a Chief of Staff.

I don't know if Trump actually know what it takes to be Chief of Staff, and given his penchant for hiring worse than before I expect this will go poorly.

I don't think Trump knows much of anything in general either.

Senior administration officials say a lower profile might suit a man once derided by critics as “President Bannon,” whose growing fame, including an appearance on the cover of Time magazine as “The Great Manipulator” and a spoofing by "Saturday Night Live" as a Grim Reaper shadowing the president reportedly irritated Trump. The president resented Bannon’s mythical status as the Svengali behind his improbable election, and called several reporters and television personalities complaining that Bannon was stealing credit for his victory.

I think Trump may be the easiest world leader to trigger in world history. I honestly can't believe how easy he is to bother lol

ICO_SotC

I'm half expecting Priebus to pull a Lewandoski on CNN and not attack the administration despite being booted, in hopes of being brought back later.

We'll see.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
What you'll hear:

"I had a wonderful time working for the President and wish him the best has he continues to work for the betterment of America. I fully support him, just now from the outside, and I will do everything in my power to help him and the Republican party achieve our shared policy goals."

Yup

Nipo

I'm half expecting Priebus to pull a Lewandoski on CNN and not attack the administration despite being booted, in hopes of being brought back later.

We'll see.

Lewandoski is likely making 7 figures now in DC as a consultant selling insight into the president's thought process and advice lobbying the administration. He wasn't going to burn that bridge.

Dr.Acula

Banned
Is anyone really buying that he resigned, given the way he was abandoned like a leper at the airport and not even acknowledged by the president on AF1?

From the Mooch's New Yorker interview yesterday:

"They’ll all be fired by me,” he said. “I fired one guy the other day. I have three to four people I’ll fire tomorrow. I’ll get to the person who leaked that to you. Reince Priebus—if you want to leak something—he’ll be asked to resign very shortly.” The issue, he said, was that he believed Priebus had been worried about the dinner because he hadn’t been invited. “Reince is a fucking paranoid schizophrenic, a paranoiac,” Scaramucci said.

So there you have it. The Mooch, the incoming WH Comms Dir, on the record, stating that Priebus will be asked to resign.

Top Bottom