• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Prodeus - 1.0 Release Date Trailer

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Prodeus 1.0 is launching on September 23 on Steam, Xbox One, Xbox Series X, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Nintendo Switch, and Game Pass!

ABOUT PRODEUS
Prodeus is a first-person shooter of old, re-imagined using modern rendering techniques and technology. Experience the quality you’d expect from a modern AAA game, designed with retro aesthetics and gameplay that invoke the tech-imposed limits of older hardware.

The game features a hand-crafted campaign from industry FPS veterans, co-op and competitive multiplayer play drawing on classic modes, and a built-in community map browser for instantaneous action with nearly limitless levels to play.

Get ready to paint the walls red. This is the Boomer Shooter you’ve been waiting for.

Beer Baelly

Al Pachinko, Konami President
GP?!

Mr Bean Lol GIF

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Love how the sprites look in this game, weapons and enemies all look amazing.

It feels like this game hasn't been for that long on Early Access, right?

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
The game has been on GP for a long time. I played it a few months back, very nice.

ZehDon

Gold Member
The game has been on GP for a long time. I played it a few months back, very nice.
Yep, it's been in Early Access on Game Pass for ages. I've played it a couple of times - one of the first games I bought off of Game Pass, actually. Absolutely stellar stuff - can't recommend enough.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
Really dig this game, spent a lot of time with the early access since I backed the Kickstarter.

I have a Switch code coming to me so I will probably jump back in there with the 1.0.

jaysius

Banned
I’ve been playing this in EA it’s been incredible and fun, better than any of the supposed inspired by doom trash indie games.

It’s on Gamepass which is awesome but I double dipped.

The PS5 version is incredible. Full use of the DualSense.

The community maps and multiplayer options are exactly what you’d want them to be. PC levels come to console, PC saves come to console.

I couldn’t be more impressed.

Very forward thinking and the tools to create are included.

A dream come true for me. I can’t wait to dig into the PC version to edit.

Haven’t been this excited since Mario Maker.

Roberts

Played a few levels on XsX. Love it, the animation of enemies exploding never gets old. It feels reasonably polished for a Early Access game, but the performance suffers when you switch on all the graphics settings.

Beer Baelly

Al Pachinko, Konami President
Played a few levels on XsX. Love it, the animation of enemies exploding never gets old. It feels reasonably polished for a Early Access game, but the performance suffers when you switch on all the graphics settings.

Stick to 360P

OZ9000

Banned
THIS GAME IS AWESOME.

Shooting stuff just feels so good. Movement feels great, too, and the level design is fantastic. They nailed it.
I agree.

It is the BEST retro FPS I've played.

It uses modern techniques whilst having a nice stylized look. Most 'retro games' look fucking ugly to me but this looks fantastic.

OZ9000

Banned
What is your GPU?

Edit: misread your post.

I'm surprised the Xbox Series X cannot run this maxed out.

Last edited:

Murdoch

I've got one minor gripe with this game and that's the weapon switching (specifically with a controller)

There's too many guns in the game to scroll through a list of them and bringing up the traditional weapon wheel brings up a page of weapons you need to select from which dramatically slows down the frantic pace.

Am I missing the trick with the default D-pad weapon select?

I've remapped the weapon switch to RB & LB as I found the D-pad a pain in the arse to constantly use in a shooter.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Game has become broken on my xbox.

I can't get past the photosensivity warning.

I have to press a to get past the warning, but it doesn't react on any controller input.

UI menus and everything works but Prodeus doesn't register any input.

(edit : reinstalled it fixed it)

Last edited:
Played it for awhile on Gamepass. I feel like the game plays well, but is very bland. You're doing the same thing over and over in similar looking environments. There's not much to it.

Apocryphon

Played it for awhile on Gamepass. I feel like the game plays well, but is very bland. You're doing the same thing over and over in similar looking environments. There's not much to it.
Ita basically Doom, but there's some added depth with the ore fragment collectibles that make returning to previously completed levels necessary once you have enough to unlock the double jump and dash. But yes, the game bu design is repetitive in nature and isn't for everybody. Fortunately it's a lot more fun to play than heavily scripted CoD games and the like, but it's not as freeform as something like Metro Exodus.

The more I play it the more I appreciate the level design. It isn't as tight as games like Quake, but there are some very well constructed areas. Environment variety may be lacking, but that's no different to games like Doom or Quake. If you want a retro FPS with lots of visual variety play Amid Evil.

Played on the hardest difficulty Prodeus is one of the best FPS games I've played in recent years. This game, Dusk, Amid Evil, and Ion Fury are all more enjoyable experiences than Doom Eternal (the controversy!). It might not be fir everybody but if you have Gamepass and you like shooters there's no reason to not check it out.

Top Bottom