• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project X Zone |OT| Reiji & Xiaomu VS The World

RangerBAD

Can anyone tell me what Tech does for character duos, and what it means when +1 support attack is auto?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Tech plays into the amount of times you can attack during a counter. And +1 Support Attack is exactly what it sounds like. You get to attack with your Support one more time (if you're in range for a Support).

demidar

Can anyone tell me what Tech does for character duos, and what it means when +1 support attack is auto?

I think it's in the encyclopedia under the status screen heading but I think it improves chances of status effects triggering (down, poison, stun, etc.).

Markun

Tech increases the chances of a character inflicting a status effect on an enemy.

+1 Support Attack auto means that the skill will automatically activate and give you an extra support attack if certain conditions are fulfilled. Some conditions are luck-based, others are based on how much XP you have built up. Just remember it only applies to the R button support attack, not the L button. There's a different skill for an extra solo attack.

Neki

Thanks for the tip, I thought tech had something to do with criticals, and I'm not too fond of status effects so I might start diverting stats to attack instead. :p Would explain why the Resonance of Fate duo always stuns/downs people, they have the highest tech for me currrently lol.

Dereck

Is there anything in particular (not a skill) that prevents a boss from cut-scene counter-attacking as opposed to non-cut-scene counter-attacking or not counter-attacking?

I tried attacking the boss from behind, non-cut-scene counter attack. I did a multi-attack right in between two bosses, neither of them counter attacked. I attacked a boss 3 blocks away diagonally and I was even behind guy, cut-scene counter attack. Is it just random?
Anyone?

ohlawd

The boss do special counters when their EP meter is 100% or higher. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I only let units with full HP attack a boss that can do a special counter because the amount of damage can be downright nasty. Full HP to 40% or so health is crazy.

RangerBAD

Tech increases the chances of a character inflicting a status effect on an enemy.

+1 Support Attack auto means that the skill will automatically activate and give you an extra support attack if certain conditions are fulfilled. Some conditions are luck-based, others are based on how much XP you have built up. Just remember it only applies to the R button support attack, not the L button. There's a different skill for an extra solo attack.

I was so far off with Tech. lol

Dereck

I'm in Chapter 19, the constant blocking and the appearance of like 4 random bosses after clearing half of the room is getting annoying.

I'm in Chapter 19, the constant blocking and the appearance of like 4 random bosses after clearing half of the room is getting annoying.

I like the challenge despite how it looks intimidating.

Edit: Also they're annoying but possible to beat if you know what you're doing.

I kind of see what you mean, however the automatic blocking stuff is cheap.

I can beat them, but I do it sloppily (I heal too much).

Me too, I keep on wasting healing items. However, some characters have the skills to heal so you could use them. I know it will cost a lot of my xp meters since I have to guard or counter too. But it won't matter since I will gain all of them back when I have solo and support attacks to help me gain meter. Also I have a lot of characters so it shouldn't be an issue for me or you to gain more XP meter. One more thing, once you reach to 100xp and you still attack with no support or solo attacks, you don't gain meter. I wish I could explain more clearly but if you reach that amount, you have to rely on your support or solo to help you gain to 150XP.

Dereck

Me too, I keep on wasting healing items. However, some characters have the skills to heal so you could use them. I know it will cost a lot of my xp meters since I have to guard or counter too. But it won't matter since I will gain all of them back when I have solo and support attacks to help me gain meter. Also I have a lot of characters with their solo attacks. It shouldn't be an issue of gaining XP meter once you have a lot of characters.
I should using healing skills more for sure.

-Horizon-

I just finished the last prologue and am finally on chapter 1.

I have to say it has been pretty fun. I really liked the prologue on the ship.

World's Love, the theme from Shining Force EXA was removed. I know some others were mentioned in the thread. Let me look and see. I'll edit this post or make another one with the removed songs.

Removed songs (that we know so far):

- Wing Wanderer (main theme)
- World's Love (Shining Force EXA)
- Ring a Bell (Tales of Vesperia)
- VC3 Main Theme (not sure of the name)
- Over The Clouds (God/s Eater)
- Rocks (Super Robot Wars Original Generation on PS2)
Not happy by those cuts.

Most of those i like ... especiially wing wanderer.

I'll still get the game but amazon still hasnt shipped my copy

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I really, really love this game, but I'm also really, really surprised there's no Soul Calibur characters. X and Zero alone made this game worth it for me, though.

So much love for X4. A lot of their attacks are from X4, the MMX stage is Cyber Peacock's, X's opening stage theme is in, the enemies are all either from X1 or X4. Could not ask for more.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Yeah, but make sure to conserve your XP too for counter and guard.

Personally, I'd rather use items most of the time instead of XP, unless I have a full 150% that I'll immediately build back.

You get SO many health items in this game. And it looks like you get a free health item every time you break a shield. I'm not positive about that, but it certainly looks like it based on the animation. If that's the case, you can technically farm them. I'm usually adverse to using health items in most games, but this one gives you so many.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
It would be much easier to find out what songs were removed if someone here beats the game and unlocks the Sound Test. That should have a listing of all the songs used, allowing us to see what got changed/removed.

I think someone stated that Ulala's theme (Mexican Flyer) got changed as well, but I'm not sure. Only other change I'm aware of is the fact Bruno's jacket went from blue to green with black sleeves.

Personally, I'd rather use items most of the time instead of XP, unless I have a full 150% that I'll immediately build back.

You get SO many health items in this game. And it looks like you get a free health item every time you break a shield. I'm not positive about that, but it certainly looks like it based on the animation.

I should use more XP because I could easily build the meter back. I conserve health items sometimes when bosses are not around me, and minor enemies doesn't do that much damage.

Isaccard

I really, really love this game, but I'm also really, really surprised there's no Soul Calibur characters. X and Zero alone made this game worth it for me, though.

So much love for X4. A lot of their attacks are from X4, the MMX stage is Cyber Peacock's, X's opening stage theme is in, the enemies are all either from X1 or X4. Could not ask for more.

They're the only X games that matter, duh

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I should use more XP because I could easily build the meter back. I conserve health items when bosses are not around me, and minor enemies doesn't do that much damage.

I'd rather use that XP for clutch Multi-Attacks and Special Moves for that bonus EXP. Like I said, I've never had a shortage of health items.

I'd rather use that XP for clutch Multi-Attacks and Special Moves for that bonus EXP. Like I said, I've never had a shortage of health items.

I'm not short on health items too, but for some reason I want to save some for later. I like using XP for special attacks because I want the characters level up and I use them on bosses only to get more damage. I like using multi attacks just to get rid of minors around me and the fact that, including the boss, they don't counter.

First game namco x capcom had mitsurugi and taki...
I think that the fact that they had more franchises to work on lead to this result

Some thoughts so far:

This game would have benefited from some of the speed options found in Fire Emblem. Enemies turns are pretty quick, but eventually with so many units on-screen it takes forever. Normal difficulty is a joke because the AI doesn't really punish you for being reckless. Literally just keep the unit(s) who can't die out of range of bosses and the only real challenge is the "reach X within Y turns" missions. Most bosses are done within 3-4 turns by units with Solo + Support + special attack available. Being able to use items as many times as you want within a single turn + move + attack = borderline broken. Except for that one mission where I had to reach enemies before they got to a certain spot, I haven't really used the skills. The game is fun and I like the fan service, but it's a mediocre sRPG.

Edit: Is there any bonus for having the solo character in your unit who is from the same series as the primary unit? Like having Flynn grouped with Yuri and Estelle?

Don't feel bad, no one did.

But you need to, it's fantastic.

If this is the same game I recall, doesn't it have one of the slowest openings ever? I remember wanting to see some actual "gameplay" one Friday when I had an hour to kill, and over 2 hours later I was still stuck in conversations or running around town.

TDLink

World's Love, the theme from Shining Force EXA was removed. I know some others were mentioned in the thread. Let me look and see. I'll edit this post or make another one with the removed songs.

Removed songs (that we know so far):

- Wing Wanderer (main theme)
- World's Love (Shining Force EXA)
- Ring a Bell (Tales of Vesperia)
- VC3 Main Theme (not sure of the name)
- Over The Clouds (God/s Eater)
- Rocks (Super Robot Wars Original Generation on PS2)

So why exactly did they remove these?

demidar

Some thoughts so far:

This game would have benefited from some of the speed options found in Fire Emblem. Enemies turns are pretty quick, but eventually with so many units on-screen it takes forever. Normal difficulty is a joke because the AI doesn't really punish you for being reckless. Literally just keep the unit(s) who can't die out of range of bosses and the only real challenge is the "reach X within Y turns" missions. Most bosses are done within 3-4 turns by units with Solo + Support + special attack available. Being able to use items as many times as you want within a single turn + move + attack = borderline broken. Except for that one mission where I had to reach enemies before they got to a certain spot, I haven't really used the skills. The game is fun and I like the fan service, but it's a mediocre sRPG.

Edit: Is there any bonus for having the solo character in your unit who is from the same series as the primary unit? Like having Flynn grouped with Yuri and Estelle?

If this is the same game I recall, doesn't it have one of the slowest openings ever? I remember wanting to see some actual "gameplay" one Friday when I had an hour to kill, and over 2 hours later I was still stuck in conversations or running around town.

What chapter are you up to?

demidar

Just arrived in Chapter 22 (
just over halfway through the game according to the chapter lists out there
). If things improve after this, that's cool, but a bit ridiculous given I'm roughly 20 hours into the game now.

Wow didn't expect that many chapters. You aren't burned out by the massive amount of enemies yet? Going by other impressions it really ramps up, but they might be playing on a harder difficulty.

RangerBAD

By the way, R1 + A speed up the enemy movement. Or B. One of those.

Wow didn't expect that many chapters. You aren't burned out by the massive amount of enemies yet? Going by other impressions it really ramps up, but they might be playing on a harder difficulty.

Only one difficulty.

Jintor

Finished chapter 16, that has to be the worst possible way to incorporate a Ghosts & Goblins stage into the game through a stupid chase sequence, don't know how I would have beaten it had it not been for Flynn's range boost and the range of characters like Haken. (it's funny how I sent the entire half of the party on that side of the stage after the goblins when really I only needed a few, some of the stragglers like Ryu and Frank got left behind)

The Sakura Wars guys can give +2 range to every ally on the field for 50 meter, and it lasts until their turn cycles around again

You know, getting like .5 seconds of every characters theme if you're not going into battle is really bugging me. I swear I know the first 4 notes of Noneko's theme just looping over and over again...

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Just got done with chapter 27 and once again, unit placement shafted 1 unit in particular. There also seemed to be a certain target as two bosses bypassed a few closer units to try and reach another group.

Oh well, I'm still enjoying the game very much, especially when I'm not dreading about a barrage of bosses now.

Lately I have to play a chapter, than walk away for awhile, then I'll come back. I don't recall there being a difficulty setting, though. Unless you unlock one after you beat the game. I just read on another board while searching for difficulty settings that the challenge spikes on chapter 22 (or some say 24), so we'll see.

By the way, R1 + A speed up the enemy movement. Or B. One of those.

Oh thank you, I don't know how I missed that.

Just got done with chapter 27 and once again, unit placement shafted 1 unit in particular.

Yea, not being able to pick my unit placement pre-battle bugs me, but hasn't been a huge issue ... yet.

Top Bottom