• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project X Zone |OT| Reiji & Xiaomu VS The World

Toad.T

Banned
So, i'm mostly trying to play through without spoilers (Just starting Devilot's stage now), but I have some questions about character references/Cameos i'd like answered:

Do any of the following series/characters appear either as assists/cameos or as fighters?:
Namco: Klonoa, Pacman, Bravoman
Sega: Sonic, Alex Kidd, Segata Sanshiro (Longshot on the last one, I know.)
Capcom: Viewtiful Joe, Mike Haggar, Anyone from Power Stone.

Just want something to look forward to, is all. (If they aren't in, it's fine. Game's a masterpiece anyway.)

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
So, i'm mostly trying to play through without spoilers (Just starting Devilot's stage now), but I have some questions about character references/Cameos i'd like answered:

Do any of the following series/characters appear either as assists/cameos or as fighters?:

Just want something to look forward to, is all. (If they aren't in, it's fine. Game's a masterpiece anyway.)

Klonoa and Bravoman were in Namco X Capcom, but they aren't in this.

Also, holy shit @ the God Eater
localization rename joke
. I laughed.

Nezzhil

Klonoa, Bravoman and Haggar appear in Namco X Capcom, but not in PXZ.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Well, after 60:58:54 I cleared the game. Chapter 41 was balls to the walls in ways. A lot the pairs got K.O.ed. The game was great. A lot of fun. It had its challenges and it wasn't always easy. Most of the time I didn't have any trouble. No regrets here (never would have them with those cut-ins). I hope everyone else has a lot of fun with it.

Bj46PQ5.gif

The End

EU sales +1

Loona

I'd say Xiaomu, but her boyfriend has three swords and two guns.

If we're talking boyfriend threat level, you want to stay clear of Sakura Shinguji, since she had that one commercial with Segata Sanshiro :p (it'd be fun if the game referenced that).

Jawmuncher

As long as you earn 100xp, you get to do characters' special attack. You can increase over 100xp, but to do so you need to use support attacks and solo units attack.

So I just need 100XP ok. That's what I figured but wasn't sure. Ill mess around with it again today. I probably was never pressing when I had 100

demidar

I've gotten to the point where I can get criticals for normal attacks 50% of the time, 85% for pairs I like.

Also didn't know you could critical special attacks. Interesting.

LiK

Around 35 hours in. Wow, this game is so long. Still enjoying it but it's ridiculous how much they drag out the battles sometimes with the same boss dudes over and over. Kinda wish there were more unique bosses from more franchises per chapter just to mix things up.

Mrcapcom

I looked but i couldn't find but how do you critcal on supers? and non supers? Is it something that just happens?
Also when they are doing the supers do i have to press buttons MvC3 style or just sitback and enjoy?

Loving this game though never get tired of the moves etc love it!

Bladenic

I looked but i couldn't find but how do you critcal on supers? and non supers? Is it something that just happens?
Also when they are doing the supers do i have to press buttons MvC3 style or just sitback and enjoy?

Loving this game though never get tired of the moves etc love it!

Criticals occur when you use an attack right before an enemy hits the ground, supers included.

Mrcapcom

Playtime is around 15hr how many hours do I have till I get megaman and Zero? lol I'm super hype for them lol

Kater

Banned
Well, after 60:58:54 I cleared the game. Chapter 41 was balls to the walls in ways. A lot the pairs got K.O.ed. The game was great. A lot of fun. It had its challenges and it wasn't always easy. Most of the time I didn't have any trouble. No regrets here (never would have them with those cut-ins). I hope everyone else has a lot of fun with it.

Bj46PQ5.gif

The End

Wow, Nintendo has no excuse for not releasing Senran Kaguran now.
Also I bought this game just an hour ago, the last copy that they had left at the local Saturn store, I really dig the cover.

Will begin playing it tomorrow, too tired now.

LiK

Wow, Nintendo has no excuse for not releasing Senran Kaguran now.
Also I bought this game just an hour ago, the last copy that they had left at the local Saturn store, I really dig the cover.

Will begin playing it tomorrow, too tired now.

Morrigan's boobs are nothing compared to some of the other characters. The amount of close up boob jiggles is pretty hilarious.

GeekyDad

How does that work? Do you activate before they hit the ground?

Yes. I find it harder to time than normal attacks though.

I found it to be easier, as I let the enemy actually hit the ground and then press Y. There's a split second before the exclamation symbol will pop up when they hit the ground at the end of of a turn. If you initiate the special then, it seems to always give you a crit-special.

LiK

Is it just me or did Xiaomu's cup size go up? I coulda sworn she was smaller in NXC and Endless Frontier/Exceed.

I wish NxC was localized. Totally didn't know who they were and what the references were.

Her cosplay multi-attack is fucking amazing.

I wish NxC was localized. Totally didn't know who they were and what the references were.

Her cosplay multi-attack is fucking amazing.

I played a little bit of Exceed, so I'm excited to see that her cosplay special returns as a multiattack.
Xiaomu and Reiji are probably my favorite characters, and I wish they got more games!

TWILT

Banned
Well, just beat the game at 50:05:54. Overall, I had a lot of fun with the game! I do feel that the game should have been around 10 chapters shorter (or at least the chapters themselves be shorter). I didn't really care for the chapters where the party constantly splits into different teams, and not being able to rearrange your unit's positions on the battlefield sucks. Bosses are also kinda awful (especially the final one); the only real challenge is having the patience to take down their overly long health bars.

Still, the game was full of fanservice, battle system was fun (if a little repetitive later on) and the music was awesome. Not sure if I want to tackle new game plus...maybe later. Overall, 7.5/10.
Of course, I had to let Dante deal the final blow. :p
ibkrepJRVgWPLT.gif

Jackpot.

kunonabi

While I'm still early I don't think I mind if the game goes on too long. I'm loving the writing too much to want it to end. The bit with Arthur and the armor was priceless. I'm having enough fun messing with skills and meter management that the battles themselves don't bother me with the length. I actually prefer excessively large battles with giant parties anyway. I just there continues to be more battles with extra objectives like the gain ground stage and the vortexes.

In some ways I'm actually enjoying this more than emblem since I can't just rely on one character to wipe out entire maps by himself.

Palehorse

Okay, so I do like SRPGs but this looks so utterly ridiculous...I tried the demos last night and I can't quite keep the game out of my head.

It seemed fairly straightforward, a bit easy, though I had a few pairs KOd in the second demo.

I liked the battles, they were entertaining in their over the top presentation.

I guess my question is does the game ever get more in depth than 'move pair X near to enemy Y, attack, enjoy battle, repeat'?

I'm tempted to throw down on this for the pairs I recognize, even though there's several I don't recognize at all.

javac

Have no idea what this game is even about and I've been following it since the weird test tube videos lol. Was always interested in the roster but was always lead to believe it was a straight up fighting game.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I'm on Chapter 31 and I think I've burnt out. This game kind of overstays its welcome.

demidar

The sound you get when you pull of criticals is so awesome.

It's pretty much the only thing going on for the combat for me lol. Getting super criticals is really easy now, and they give about +50% damage since some attacks in a combo don't crit. I'm having a lot more fun chasing after crits now and juggling them against calling in supports since Cross Hitting denies the opportunity to crit (unless you call them in at the exact same time as when you think a crit will land).

Started getting multi attacks now, Frank and Hsien-ko raked in the EXP the first time they used it. Maps are starting to last an hour+ now despite my fervent mob cleaning.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I've been using Ryu/Ken's Martial Arts Training to get that first critical recently. I never bothered looking at it before, but it only costs 15XP and you can apply it to any pair for their next attack.

It guarantees a critical on your first attack, which is something that's otherwise only possible if you get the critical after an opening support attack.

vctor182

I've been using Ryu/Ken's Martial Arts Training to get that first critical recently. I never bothered looking at it before, but it only costs 15XP and you can apply it to any pair for their next attack.

It guarantees a critical on your first attack, which is something that's otherwise only possible if you get the critical after an opening support attack.

Or if a unit stuns the enemy, the next unit's first move is critical

Have no idea what this game is even about and I've been following it since the weird test tube videos lol. Was always interested in the roster but was always lead to believe it was a straight up fighting game.

Even if I know what the game was about, I wasn't able to explain to my cousin in my own words.

ohlawd

k finished this game yesterday.

Goodbye PxZ, I will sorta miss you. No more Morrigan goodness ;_;

Best pair: obviously Chun-Li/Morrigan - critical heaven
HM: Dante/Demitri, Kurt/Riela, X/Zero, Frank/Hsien-ko, Akira/Pai, Zephyr/Leanne

Best special: Chun-Li/Morrigan
HM: Kurt/Riela, Akira/Pai, Gemini/Erica

Best solo unit: Imca - 30% chance of another solo + Nullify enemy block = BEST EVER. TRUE GODDESS.
HM: Sanger - buffs, Neneko - nano-nanoda!, Tron Bonne - dat voice, Devilotte - lol she's just too good

Biggest pain in the ass: Final boss. UGH.
HM: every other boss

Best music: Morrigan
Super HM: Akira/Pai
HM: everyone else. Music in this game is top notch

Best boobs: Morrigan
HM: Riela, Kaguya

Worst boob jiggle: Hsien-ko - it's there but it's the worst jiggle

LOL NO JIGGLE AT ALL: Alisa - Kin said if she did have jiggle, it'd be too much for our mortal eyes; I am inclined to agree with him

Needs a fashion makeover: Saya - actually she's perfect. Dem shorts but she should lose the jacket so I can see her delicious arms <3

Worst VA: Mii/Yukari Tamura - voice really doesn't fit, Ulala/Herself - omg just awful. Queen of awfulness

Best VA: Morrigan/Rie Tanaka, Erica - snap too lazy to check name of VA but she should be in more roles, Hsien-ko/Saori Hayami
HM: Maaya Sakamoto and Aya Endo

Best camel toe: T-elos

Would waifu: Morrigan
Super HM: Xiaomu - but she's taken ;_;, Riela, Due

Probably the bestest in bed: Xiaoyu - holy crap when she does that underhook leg thing, HNNNNG

Best epilogue - Spoilars obviously
Frank West and Hsien-ko. Yeah Frank, she was da best, too perfect ;_;

Bladenic

You're crazy, Kaguya has the best boobs ever. Morrigan tried though.

And I LOVE Akira's theme. Ride the Tiger I think it's called? It's awesome.

Top Bottom